PDA

View Full Version : Armas Jr. to Pirates

palehozenychicty
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
linkee (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/02/01/bc.bbn.pirates.armas.ap/index.html)

Not a bad deal, if they can get runs for him.

caulfield12
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
IF, IF, IF healthy, I bet there are a significant number of White Sox fans out there who would actually prefer the experineced Armas to Floyd as the 5th starter. Not a majority, but it would be a close call.

DarkHorse35
02-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Armas does have a better track record.

CanBuehrleWait
02-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Raises hand :(:

champagne030
02-02-2007, 03:48 PM
IF, IF, IF healthy, I bet there are a significant number of White Sox fans out there who would actually prefer the experineced Armas to Floyd as the 5th starter. Not a majority, but it would be a close call.

I'd sure wouldn't have minded him being in the mix.

What's the story with Redman in KC? I was down there over Labor Day weekend and their radio people spoke highly of him. I know he cannot break glass, but he made us look silly that weekend. I'd take him if we could sign him to a 1-2 year deal at $3/year. I know it's a salary cut for him, but......we're counting on Floyd for crying out loud.

jdm2662
02-02-2007, 03:52 PM

What's the story with Redman in KC? I was down there over Labor Day weekend and their radio people spoke highly of him. I know he cannot break glass, but he made us look silly that weekend. I'd take him if we could sign him to a 1-2 year deal at $3/year. I know it's a salary cut for him, but......we're counting on Floyd for crying out loud.

As far as I know, he's unsigned.

caulfield12
02-02-2007, 03:54 PM

He's coming off an injury. He probably will have some private tryouts (like Shannon Stewart) and see if get a one year deal and then get a multi-year after next season.

champagne030
02-02-2007, 05:17 PM
He's coming off an injury. He probably will have some private tryouts (like Shannon Stewart) and see if get a one year deal and then get a multi-year after next season.

When did he get hurt last year?

Anyway, get some people to view him Kenny! I want an option besides AAA and not yet ready 5th starters.

caulfield12
02-02-2007, 06:10 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/request.dll?PLAYERNOTESARCHIVE&Param0=6285

For some reason, I thought he was injured the end of the season but it was actually the beginning (knee surgery/torn cartilage). Kind of a mystery why a team hasn't at least invited him to a camp with a split major/minor league deal like when we signed Loiaza.

PKalltheway
02-03-2007, 02:22 AM
I wonder how long it will be before the Pirates end up dumping him to a contender? It is definitely an understatement to say that the Pirates are arguably the worst run francise in baseball right now. Hopefully their front office will actually get a brain and not trade away some of their promising young talent like Freddy Sanchez, Jason Bay, and Zach Duke.

SBSoxFan
02-03-2007, 08:07 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/request.dll?PLAYERNOTESARCHIVE&Param0=6285

For some reason, I thought he was injured the end of the season but it was actually the beginning (knee surgery/torn cartilage). Kind of a mystery why a team hasn't at least invited him to a camp with a split major/minor league deal like when we signed Loiaza.

Especially since he was an all-star last year!

caulfield12
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I wonder how long it will be before the Pirates end up dumping him to a contender? It is definitely an understatement to say that the Pirates are arguably the worst run francise in baseball right now. Hopefully their front office will actually get a brain and not trade away some of their promising young talent like Freddy Sanchez, Jason Bay, and Zach Duke.

The LaRoche deal was a good one for them IMO.

PKalltheway
02-04-2007, 12:03 AM
The LaRoche deal was a good one for them IMO.
Ahh yes, forgot about that one. We'll see if they're actually trying to rebuild now...

soxinem1
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
This is one of those deals where a change of scenery could help. He's always had a good arm. I certainly would have taken him over Marquis, Wolf, and a few others who banked it high this off-season.