PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Questions at SoxFest

caracascat
02-02-2007, 08:34 AM
One of the tragedies at SoxFest is the Kenny/Ozzie Forum turns into a place for some of the villiage idiots to have a soap box. With all the intelligent questions people ask, there are some real doozies.

For instance, one woman wanted to know if Ozzie could autograph a picture for her cats! It amazes me that people use this serious forum for idiocy

C-Dawg
02-02-2007, 08:36 AM
My cats would love a pic of Ozzie! But, yeah, I would have yielded to someone else in line if that was the only question I could come up with; those lines always too long and not everyone gets to ask their question.

jortafan
02-02-2007, 08:49 AM
How do you know that the woman with the cats doesn't think you're the loon for wanting to ask endless questions about the pitching rotation, who will play center field, ticket prices and a whole lot of other technical details she probably could care less about?

Seriously, the whole purpose of a fan festival like Sox Fest is to give fans a more personal look at the Sox' ballplayers. That woman with the cats will probably be an Ozzie fan for life, because she'll be able to recall how he took the time to sign that photograph. The last thing that Sox Fest is is a "serious forum" for discussing the ballclub.

itsnotrequired
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm pretty sure Ozzie will only autograph photos for pet fish but I could be wrong.

Fox-To-Aparicio
02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
The "Cat' lady had ozzie autograph a picture of her granson holding a bear that ozzie signed last year for her.

Remember her cats names?

A.J. Puuurrrrrrrrzynski and Ozzie

They are both girls.

BTW

My dumb question was about getting Fisk into the organization some way.

Ozzie said they ask him every year and he does not want it.

Glen

ewokpelts
02-02-2007, 10:57 AM
The "Cat' lady had ozzie autograph a picture of her granson holding a bear that ozzie signed last year for her.

Remember her cats names?

A.J. Puuurrrrrrrrzynski and Ozzie

They are both girls.

BTW

My dumb question was about getting Fisk into the organization some way.

Ozzie said they ask him every year and he does not want it.

Glenactualy, carlton says yes, but never shows

Fox-To-Aparicio
02-02-2007, 11:12 AM
actualy, carlton says yes, but never shows

Which means he does not want it.:redneck

Steelrod
02-02-2007, 11:19 AM
No question is dumb if you don't know the answer.

skottyj242
02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
There are no small parts only small actors.

INSox56
02-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I didn't go to this year's soxfest, so I couldn't say. But last year's after the WS, the lame autograph hounds were out in full force at the Q&A sessions. Go up to the mic and ask for an autograph. It's ok in some circumstances...but last year was HORRIBLE. Every other person in line "could I have your autograph????" HEY! WAIT IN LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

ewokpelts
02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I didn't go to this year's soxfest, so I couldn't say. But last year's after the WS, the lame autograph hounds were out in full force at the Q&A sessions. Go up to the mic and ask for an autograph. It's ok in some circumstances...but last year was HORRIBLE. Every other person in line "could I have your autograph????" HEY! WAIT IN LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.the rush after a session was worse...you'd think they were handing out super bowl tickets

eriqjaffe
02-02-2007, 01:41 PM
The "Cat' lady had ozzie autograph a picture of her granson holding a bear that ozzie signed last year for her.Ozzie autographed a bear for her last year? Now that's dedication!

INSox56
02-02-2007, 01:45 PM
the rush after a session was worse...you'd think they were handing out super bowl tickets

yeah it was really really bad. Thankfully I had most of the team's autos from SF before the championship. We got Thome on Friday and that was it. Saw the lines and ppl going crazy to get in lines for wristbands(!) and said screw that, just went to seminars the rest of the time.