PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan Question...

Taliesinrk
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
So i was checking out the ozzie plan today online, and when i searched for tickets, all that came back were upper deck. I was wondering if that's because they're just out of lower deck seats for the plan or what? Basically, I'm asking if it's possible to get ozzie plan tickets with lower deck seats?

Bruizer
02-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Depends on how many seats you want and which games you pick. The only seats I found in the lower section were in the corners of the outfield.

Bru

chisoxmike
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Becuase the Sox claim 97% of people renewed their season ticket packages. If true, that doesn't leave much in the lower deck for 2007.

BeefyD
02-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Becuase the Sox claim 97% of people renewed their season ticket packages. If true, that doesn't leave much in the lower deck for 2007.

Except we had lower deck last year when Season Tickets were sold out. The problem is that they "created" more 27-game packages, hence why they are available to the public after going through the waiting list.

champagne030
02-01-2007, 08:20 PM
So i was checking out the ozzie plan today online, and when i searched for tickets, all that came back were upper deck. I was wondering if that's because they're just out of lower deck seats for the plan or what? Basically, I'm asking if it's possible to get ozzie plan tickets with lower deck seats?

Try games that are not on the Double-Play or Hit and Run packages. You're screwed for weekend games, but there were plenty of seats left for games not on either package in the lower bowl. The Sox have held back plenty of seats hoping that Hit and Run packages will fill them. They don't want someone looking for a 27 game package to only have the upper-tank as an option.

I would suggest the Hit and Run package if you're only willing to accept lower deck seats. You could gamble with the Sox Pride package, but be damn sure you're able to be online when the tickets become available (last year had some funky rules about when they became available - I'd check here with someone that actually used the Club to get tickets).

chisoxmike
02-01-2007, 08:24 PM
You could gamble with the Sox Pride package, but be damn sure you're able to be online when the tickets become available (last year had some funky rules about when they became available - I'd check here with someone that actually used the Club to get tickets).

The Sox Pride thing isn't a ticket package. It's a club that you have to pay to belong to, then, you can get a pre-sale after ST holders/before the public on-sale date to buy single game tickets.

CWSpalehoseCWS
02-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I managed to get great seats on the lower level and I have the Ozzie Plan. You need to buy them as soon as possible to get the best seats. Those who had the plan last year had a chance to get them a little earlier, which is why I probably got good seats. Try getting games during the week, where there won't be as many people at the game.

chisoxmike
02-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Also, the plan went on sale in Mid-January. Most people got whatever available lowers then.

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I managed to get great seats on the lower level and I have the Ozzie Plan. You need to buy them as soon as possible to get the best seats. Those who had the plan last year had a chance to get them a little earlier, which is why I probably got good seats. Try getting games during the week, where there won't be as many people at the game.

Probably the best advice. If you're gunning for the marquee weekend games, you're going to be upstairs.

BeefyD
02-01-2007, 10:01 PM
100% true.... I bought the minute they allowed me to, and I had the Ozzie plan last year. Of course, most of my games are on weekends or against Cubs/Yankees/etc.

My only beef was that last year, the only upper tanks I had were opening day and Cubs.... (well, there was that infamous KC game that was sold out in the lower bowl, but I didn't opt for that one).

Next year the wife will be going back to work and the double income will allow me to up to a 27 or 81 game plan. So I can live with the upper tank for one year. :smile:

ewokpelts
02-02-2007, 12:24 AM
get the 27 game plan....that way you can seel the dud games(or cash out on cubs/yankmees)

southside rocks
02-02-2007, 07:23 AM
100% true.... I bought the minute they allowed me to, and I had the Ozzie plan last year. Of course, most of my games are on weekends or against Cubs/Yankees/etc.

My only beef was that last year, the only upper tanks I had were opening day and Cubs....

Same here. I bought this year's OP the day it was offered to previous OP holders, and I still got 6 or 7 of my games in the upper deck. They're upper boxes, mostly behind home plate, but I'd hoped for lower deck for all my games.

Oh well. I'll get a good pair of binoculars. As long as the Sox are winning, every seat is a good one.

champagne030
02-02-2007, 10:08 AM
The Sox Pride thing isn't a ticket package. It's a club that you have to pay to belong to, then, you can get a pre-sale after ST holders/before the public on-sale date to buy single game tickets.

No, the Pride thing isn't a package, but "their" tickets are not available to anyone outside the Club. They have 60 seats reserved in the bleachers that are only available to Club members. Yes, it does cost to get into the Club. I believe the $20 package gets you MLB Audio and the option to buy 2 tickets per month to non-premier or Flub games. The $30 option gets you MLB Audio, a T-shirt and adds the option of premier and Flubs games, that the $20 plan does not include.

sbsox
02-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Can Ozzie Plan Upper Deck ticket holders go downstairs for BP like a regular season ticket holder can?

champagne030
02-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Can Ozzie Plan Upper Deck ticket holders go downstairs for BP like a regular season ticket holder can?

They haven't been able to in the past.

itsnotrequired
02-02-2007, 07:19 PM
They haven't been able to in the past.

...and I can't imagine it changing for this season.

I want Mags back
02-02-2007, 09:42 PM
infield uppers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>down the line lowers. Plus u'll still have LD access, assumeing the Ozzien plan has Stock tickets

ewokpelts
02-03-2007, 02:51 AM
infield uppers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>down the line lowers. Plus u'll still have LD access, assumeing the Ozzien plan has Stock ticketsozzie tix are ticketmaster stock...no LD acess unless you have ld tickets.

I want Mags back
02-03-2007, 02:12 PM
ozzie tix are ticketmaster stock...no LD acess unless you have ld tickets.
never mind then