PDA

View Full Version : WSI-Fest II Part A

TornLabrum
01-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Okay, the link has been established and it's time to order your tickets for WSI-Fest II. They are taking orders for both parts on the same flyer this year. Here is the link to the flyer: http://home.comcast.net/~jvickery4212/group_flyers_wsi_fest.pdf (http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejvickery4212/group_flyers_wsi_fest.pdf)

I'm also going to post this at SoxTalk. It's still my understanding they want to do a softball game. I hereby appoint Wilkes as our chief negotiator on that front.

For those of you with questions about WSI-Fest that I can't answer (or just don't feel like answering 5000 times), you can email Stephanie Furlan, who is our group sales rep on this. You can reach her at sfurlan@chisox.com .

MinnySoxFan
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Southsiders.net wants to come aswell. We have quite enough to field a team and we were planning a date for a gathering.

chisoxmike
01-31-2007, 09:23 PM
:supernana:

FedEx227
01-31-2007, 09:25 PM
The form is printed :bandance::bandance:

whitesoxwilkes
01-31-2007, 09:29 PM
If you want to play 16" softball for WSI at WSI-Fest, email me at wilkes@whitesoxinteractive.com. Tell me your name, WSI handle, age and desired positions.

Don't PM me. Don't post in this thread. Don't IM me. Don't email me at my other address. Don't suggest we play a 12" game too. I'll put together a spreadsheet over the next few weeks and get back to everyone down the line once I have a better idea of a head count.

Thanks!

:bandance::bandance:

TornLabrum
01-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Southsiders.net wants to come aswell. We have quite enough to field a team and we were planning a date for a gathering.

I responded to your SoxTalk post. We'd love to have you.

MinnySoxFan
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
If you want to play softball for WSI at WSI-Fest, email me at wilkes@whitesoxinteractive.com. Tell me your name, WSI handle, age and desired positions.

Don't PM me. Don't post in this thread. Don't IM me. Don't email me at my other address. I'll put together a spreadsheet over the next few weeks and get back to everyone down the line once I have a better idea of a head count.

Thanks!

:bandance::bandance:

Some of the guys are wondering....is this gonna be 16"?

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 10:00 PM

What city do you think this is?

:redneck

whitesoxwilkes
01-31-2007, 10:00 PM

This is Chicago.

We're Sox fans playing on the South Side. Damned right it's 16".

TornLabrum
01-31-2007, 10:03 PM

That seems to be the concensus here I'd say.

DumpJerry
01-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Anyone who shows up with a ball smaller than 16" and/or a glove will get a perma ban here.......

TornLabrum
01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
As per Stephanie Furlan's request, I've let her know about the multiple groups participating in the patio party. We'll still call it WSI-Fest, but the official reason is now that it's because we'll be acting as hosts for the other web sites. At least that seems to be as good an excuse as any.

MinnySoxFan
01-31-2007, 10:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/MinnesotaSoxFan/wsissnet.gif

If Soxtalk has enough to field a team I can add their logo to it.

WizardsofOzzie
01-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Anyone who shows up with a ball smaller than 16" and/or a glove will get a perma ban here.......
Awww man, my girlfriend got me a 14" glove for christmas :(:

DumpJerry
01-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Awww man, my girlfriend got me a 14" glove for christmas :(:
Dump her.

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Dump her.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/4/medium/DSC04594.JPG

I just faxed my order in. Let the horns blow...

jenn2080
02-01-2007, 07:14 AM

Hey there sir mod I use a mitt.

MarySwiss
02-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I just printed mine up. Woo-hoo!

Dump, I won't need to rely on you and Soxstarter to get them for me this year, but I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the softball game and party.

See ya in May, everybody! See if you can't arrange for some better weather this year! :cool:

MinnySoxFan
02-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Whens the deadline for sending back the flyer?

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Whens the deadline for sending back the flyer?

Per the order form, six weeks before the selected game. So for the May 29 game, sometime in the middle of April. I'm sure Hal will post a more specific date as the deadline nears.

WizardsofOzzie
02-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I assume that won't apply to us correct?

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I assume that won't apply to us correct?

No, that fee applies to each order. So if you order both games now, you pay a single $5 fee, regardless of the number of tickets ordered. If you only get the May game now and order the August game later, you would have to pay the $5 twice.

WizardsofOzzie
02-01-2007, 09:47 AM
No, that fee applies to each order.
Gotcha, Thank you!

Meixner007
02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
What if I just want the patio party sans the ticket?

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 11:02 AM
What if I just want the patio party sans the ticket?

Call the Sox.

NorthSideSox72
02-01-2007, 12:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/MinnesotaSoxFan/wsissnet.gif

If Soxtalk has enough to field a team I can add their logo to it.

I don't want to start an uproar or anything, but, SoxTalk were the ones that came to WSI about the softball game part of this in the first place (I was among those at ST who were putting it together early on). I'd say at the least, it safe to say Soxtalk will get enough people to field a team.

DumpJerry
02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey there sir mod I use a mitt.
It was nice knowing you.

jenn2080
02-01-2007, 12:38 PM
It was nice knowing you.

We can settle this on the field. :wink: :redneck

DumpJerry
02-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Pistols at dawn!:duel:

WizardsofOzzie
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Pistols at dawn!:duel:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8656/805image04bj1.jpg

cbotnyse
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
which date is the softball game planned for? May 26th, or August 20th?

MrRoboto83
02-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Perfect dates picked for WSI Fests, I will be attending both games.

DumpJerry
02-01-2007, 01:01 PM
which date is the softball game planned for? May 26th, or August 20th?
Saturday, May 26th. We're Sox fans, so we have jobs to go on Monday, August 20th before the game.

Iwritecode
02-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Saturday, May 26th. We're Sox fans, so we have jobs to go on Monday, August 20th before the game.

I'm amazed at how many times I see that joke on various message boards. It's always "I can't be a fan of the (fill in team name here) I have a job."

Chisoxfn
02-01-2007, 06:16 PM
As one of the Soxtalk reps organizating the softball game, I want to point out that we will be working hard on getting the final details hammered out for the Softball tournament. The goal is for us to all have a blast playing each other in a game but I want to also note that the event will also involve a minimum donation that will go directly to a charity to be named (99% sure it will be the charity Torn Labrum is involved with).

We hope this game will be a great pre-kick to WSI-Fest and that we'll all have fun while raising money for a worthwhile charity.

Once we know more we'll shoot an email to Hal/Wilkes

MarySwiss
02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't want to start an uproar or anything, but, SoxTalk were the ones that came to WSI about the softball game part of this in the first place (I was among those at ST who were putting it together early on). I'd say at the least, it safe to say Soxtalk will get enough people to field a team.
Okay, now I'm officially confused. (Again. :D:) So if we have a team, and Southsiders has a team, and SoxTalk has a team, then what? That's not a game; that's a tournament. Will one team get a bye or something, or will there just be two games, with extra players from each site making up the fourth team? That could be cool.

MinnySoxFan
02-01-2007, 08:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/MinnesotaSoxFan/wsissnetsoxtalk.gif

We could have a draft for a fourth team. Extra players from all 3 sites could form one team so we can have a tourney.

Frater Perdurabo
02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Well, I'll be in Chicago that weekend in May, but my sister is getting married the very same day. Maybe I can get her to change the date...
:(:

TornLabrum
02-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Well, I'll be in Chicago that weekend in May, but my sister is getting married the very same day. Maybe I can get her to change the date...

Where the **** are your priorities?????

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 08:59 PM

What's better than a wedding reception in the bunker known as the patio area followed by a game of White Sox baseball?:cool:

DumpJerry
02-01-2007, 10:29 PM
There'll be plenty of people at the wedding. Your absence won't be noticed. If needed, we can get a note from a doctor.

Frater Perdurabo
02-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Where the **** are your priorities?????

I guess you'll have to ban me. :redface:

What's better than a wedding reception in the bunker known as the patio area followed by a game of White Sox baseball?:cool:

My future brother-in-law otherwise is a great guy, but I have two very big concerns: He is a Twins fan and a Vikings fan.
:o:

There'll be plenty of people at the wedding. Your absence won't be noticed. If needed, we can get a note from a doctor.

I'm sure they won't notice that one of the groomsmen is missing. :o:

Can I get a note from Dr. Beckett21? :redneck

WizardsofOzzie
02-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll be there on the 26th :bandance: Roughly when do you think we will receive our tickets?

TornLabrum
02-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I'll be there on the 26th :bandance: Roughly when do you think we will receive our tickets?

According to Stephanie, tickets should be sent out beginning in a few weeks.

itsnotrequired
02-02-2007, 03:30 PM
According to Stephanie, tickets should be sent out beginning in a few weeks.

Excellent! Plenty of time to lose them.:tongue:

DumpJerry
02-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Excellent! Plenty of time to lose them.:tongue:
Umm....I can hold yours......yeah......you can trust me.......:rolleyes:

cwsox
02-04-2007, 08:41 PM
southsiders offers its gratitude for the eternal gracious and generousity of WSI, good folks all

TornLabrum
02-05-2007, 04:04 PM
According to Stephanie, as of today about 20 tickets had been sold for May 26. That's 10% of our allotment. Not bad considering that it's still the beginning of February.

itsnotrequired
02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
According to Stephanie, as of today about 20 tickets had been sold for May 26. That's 10% of our allotment. Not bad considering that it's still the beginning of February.

My credit card was charged on Friday.

MarySwiss
02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
And 20% of those were mine! :D:

MinnySoxFan
02-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I'll wait till late March before I get mine... The dollars haven't been coming to me as much lately, so I'll wait.

IronFisk
02-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I've got dibbs on first base - lefty ya know :cool:

WizardsofOzzie
02-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Hmmm, i've yet to be billed. About how long did it take for you all to be billed for it?

itsnotrequired
02-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Hmmm, i've yet to be billed. About how long did it take for you all to be billed for it?

I faxed my order in the morning of February 1 and my card was billed on February 5.

WizardsofOzzie
02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I faxed my order in the morning of February 1 and my card was billed on February 5.
Hmmm, is there an e-mail to confirm that my order went through. I faxed it in on Feb 2nd and i still haven't been billed.

EDIT: I talked to Stephanie. All is well

crazyozzie02
02-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I'll wait till late March before I get mine... The dollars haven't been coming to me as much lately, so I'll wait.

same here. i will be getting them for my first ever WSI-Fest, but when you work in retail, you expect late january through early march paychecks to suck

whitesoxwilkes
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Those of you who have expressed an interest in softball, here is the deal:

$20 to play. Donation goes to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities.

Bring your own grub. The park has some grills. IT IS AGAINST CHICAGO PARK DISTRICT POLICY TO CONSUME ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON THEIR PROPERTY. DON'T BE STUPID.

The winning team will hoist the Comiskey Cup high over their collective heads in triumph. Yes, there really will be a trophy.

Times, schedules and rosters will be posted closer to the tournament.

If you have any ideas, post them in this thread and we'll take them under consideration. We still have roster spots open, so email me (wilkes at whitesoxinteractive dot com) if you want to play.

Chisoxfn
02-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Bring your own grub. The park has some grills. IT IS AGAINST CHICAGO PARK DISTRICT POLICY TO CONSUME ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON THEIR PROPERTY. DON'T BE STUPID.

The winning team will hoist the Comiskey Cup high over their collective heads in triumph. Yes, there really will be a trophy.

If you have any ideas, post them in this thread and we'll take them under consideration. We still have roster spots open, so email me (wilkes at whitesoxinteractive dot com) if you want to play.
This is going to be a blast!!!!

MarySwiss
02-08-2007, 07:56 PM

This is going to be a blast!!!!

No Doubt! Hell of a job, Wilkes!!! :cool:

MinnySoxFan
02-09-2007, 08:33 AM

As Team Captain Of The Southsiders.net Squad. A Trophy will be nice. Victory shall be ours! I'll field a team. Ringer Try-Outs will be this Saturday.

Good luck to both sites.

MarySwiss
02-09-2007, 06:41 PM
If you have any ideas, post them in this thread and we'll take them under consideration.

Well, it's not like I'm obscenely wealthy, but I'd be willing to drop a few bucks on some kind of a T-shirt. Maybe something with the names of all the groups supporting this, plus "Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities 1st Annual Softball Classic" or somesuch. I know it's easy for me to spit out these ideas since I'm in Arizona and therefore not doing the actual work, but do you think some T-shirt place or other might cut a deal on it, considering the cause? And I'd definitely let the media know (not that they'll cover it, or anything. No teal.)

Also, that way we wouldn't sweat up the shirts we'd be wearing to the game. Not that I think we'd be breaking much of a sweat against these other Web sites. :cool:
And let the trash-talking begin!!! :D:

MinnySoxFan
02-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Too bad Soxtalk isnt letting us play in the event, so we can't contribute the 180+ dollars to the charity.

TornLabrum
02-10-2007, 08:49 AM
This is the first I've heard of this.

MinnySoxFan
02-10-2007, 08:50 AM
This is the first I've heard of this.

It took place about two days ago. The head admin over at soxtalk said he was running the event and has paid for everything and he has the right to keep whatever site out of the event.

itsnotrequired
02-10-2007, 09:03 AM
It took place about two days ago. The head admin over at soxtalk said he was running the event and has paid for everything and he has the right to keep whatever site out of the event.

:?:

Uh, what are you talking about?

MinnySoxFan
02-10-2007, 09:05 AM
:?:

Uh, what are you talking about?

Soxtalk vs WSI...softball game.
No Southsiders.net people allowed.
Plain and simple.

itsnotrequired
02-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Soxtalk vs WSI...softball game.
No Southsiders.net people allowed.
Plain and simple.

Sorry, I forgot you were a southsiders guy. I thought by "us" you meant WSI.

Any link?

MinnySoxFan
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Sorry, I forgot you were a southsiders guy. I thought by "us" you meant WSI.

Any link?

sorry, but if Southsiders.net can't play, I would be happy to join up to play for you guys.

I can't link you to it, because he told me via personal messages.

TornLabrum
02-10-2007, 11:50 AM
From what I'm hearing, the problem is one of logisitics, reserving the field, etc. Mike Gresham from SoxTalk has apparently fronted the money to rent a field for a game. That's where it stands now. I'm sure Wilkes, who is our softball person, will keep us informed if anything further develops.

NorthSideSox72
02-10-2007, 11:56 AM
From what I'm hearing, the problem is one of logisitics, reserving the field, etc. Mike Gresham from SoxTalk has apparently fronted the money to rent a field for a game. That's where it stands now. I'm sure Wilkes, who is our softball person, will keep us informed if anything further develops.
Affirmative.

whitesoxwilkes
02-10-2007, 04:50 PM

The only participants in this game will be WSI and ST this year.

This is subject to change in future years. Anyone from SouthSiders who wants to play for WSI let me know, as I have a couple spots left. IF you cause any drama, you're off the team.

MinnySoxFan
02-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm going to be WSI's Clubhouse cancer

DumpJerry
02-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm going to be WSI's Clubhouse cancer
I can think of 30 or so people off the top of my head who would give you a serious run for the money for that title......

MinnySoxFan
02-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I can think of 30 or so people off the top of my head who would give you a serious run for the money for that title......

Good. I like to be the underdog.

whitesoxwilkes
02-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Softball registration is now CLOSED. We have 16 players.

I'll send an email out with all the gory details as the date draws closer.

CLR01
02-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Team WSI you are expected to win. We realize this will be your first game together and there won't be any practice so we are keeping our margin of victory expectations to a low 15 runs. Anything less than this will be considered a failure. You will be hung from your feet for 2 weeks, stale churros will be cast and you will be forced to eat 3 day old Wrigley dogs. If you survive that you will be banished to Uncle Car's or ESPN's White Sox board for life.

Remember this is a game and it is meant to be fun. Do that and the pressure of bringing the Comiskey Cup home to WSI where it belongs will never even enter your head. Make us proud and help fill our empty mantle.

crazyozzie02
02-12-2007, 11:53 AM
i know that this would be pretty hard to do, but i got the idea from what CLR01 said. It would be nice if maybe the people that are playing could get together maybe once or twice and have a little pratice. Just an idea and seeming that were scattered all over the place, but like i said its just an idea

Colin

MarySwiss
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
i know that this would be pretty hard to do, but i got the idea from what CLR01 said. It would be nice if maybe the people that are playing could get together maybe once or twice and have a little pratice. Just an idea and seeming that were scattered all over the place, but like i said its just an idea

Colin

Yeah, you can all come on out to the field near my house. Afterward, the beer's on me! :D:

Okay, enough with the sarcasm, Mary. Actually this is probably not a bad idea for those who are in Chicago (or somewhere near it). As for me, I already dug one of my old Clinchers out of hiding in the garage, and in the months to come, MrMarySwiss and I will be playing some catch out back by the cement pond, so I don't embarrass myself (or you guys). :cool:

WizardsofOzzie
02-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Team WSI you are expected to win. We realize this will be your first game together and there won't be any practice so we are keeping our margin of victory expectations to a low 15 runs. Anything less than this will be considered a failure. You will be hung from your feet for 2 weeks, stale churros will be cast and you will be forced to eat 3 day old Wrigley dogs. If you survive that you will be banished to Uncle Car's or ESPN's White Sox board for life.

Remember this is a game and it is meant to be fun. Do that and the pressure of bringing the Comiskey Cup home to WSI where it belongs will never even enter your head. Make us proud and help fill our empty mantle.

:cower:Ohhhh the awful memories of the ESPN boards. I'm so happy i found out about here to get me away from that pit

FedEx227
02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
:cower:Ohhhh the awful memories of the ESPN boards. I'm so happy i found out about here to get me away from that pit

12 year olds swearing > White Sox Interactive

Iwritecode
02-12-2007, 03:34 PM

Holy crap does Uncle Car's board even still exist?

WizardsofOzzie
02-12-2007, 03:37 PM
12 year olds swearing > White Sox Interactive
You enjoy 12 year olds swearing more than WSI? :?:

MarySwiss
02-12-2007, 03:44 PM
You enjoy 12 year olds swearing more than WSI? :?:
Prolly a typo. He must've meant < .

crazyozzie02
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
when are the complete rosters going to be released? Just want to see who else is going to play

WizardsofOzzie
02-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Prolly a typo. He must've meant < .
I figured but i wasn't sure if i missed something

whitesoxwilkes
02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
when are the complete rosters going to be released? Just want to see who else is going to play

The more you bug me about them, the longer it takes.

The game isn't until May.

Iwritecode
02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I mentioned this at Soxtalk so I guess I mention it here as well.

Is there anyone going that can get a video camera and tape the game and then maybe put together a highlight (or lowlight) reel that could be posted on here?

CPditka
02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Doesnt the ESPN message board get a team?

TornLabrum
02-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I received a PM to find out how to reserve vegetarian food for WSI-Fest. Since this may apply to others besides the person making the request, I've decided to put Stephanie's reply to the inquiry here:

Please indicate the number of vegetarians and their names on the order form. I will let the Patio know in advance the exact number of vegetarians in attendance, and they just need to go to Window 1 (it's on the side, right as they walk in) and let the person at the window know their name and they'll be expecting them. They have nachos as a substitute, and there are still pasta salads at the regular windows.

TornLabrum
02-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I also have a message from Stephanie about when to start worrying if your credit card hasn't been charged:

We are filling orders within a couple of weeks of receiving them, so if your credit card hasn't been charged this doesn't necessarily mean we didn't get the order. If possible, please ask them to contact me if it's been more than 2 weeks and they still don't have a charge on their credit card.

Stephanie's email address is sfurlan@chisox.com .

Daver
02-12-2007, 09:16 PM

Perhaps you are suggesting I bring my career .190 BA out of retirement to play?

CLR01
02-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Unless you are a pitcher and that is the opponents BA I think you should probably stay home. :smile:

CLR01
02-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Holy crap does Uncle Car's board even still exist?

I guess that depends on your definition of exist. In our hearts it will always exist but I doubt it can still be found anywhere on the web. He did enjoy talking to himself there so you never know.

Brian26
02-13-2007, 08:31 PM

All we care about is your stellar defense, Daver. Anything on top of that is gravy. :D:

TornLabrum
02-23-2007, 08:51 PM
"If you are a season ticket holder and are using your season ticket,
please submit the order form as usual and indicate that you only need to
purchase a patio ticket @ $30. Please also list your season ticket
account number."

MinnySoxFan
03-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I sent my check and form off today, so booyah.

TornLabrum
03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
The latest word from Stephanie is that we've sold all of 42 seats for the May 26 date. She would like for people to make reservations sooner rather than later because almost all of the other seats are sold out. We lose them after April 13, and they go to the public and other groups.

itsnotrequired
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
The latest word from Stephanie is that we've sold all of 42 seats for the May 26 date. She would like for people to make reservations sooner rather than later because almost all of the other seats are sold out. We lose them after April 13, and they go to the public and other groups.

42? That makes 12 names missing from my seating chart. Get with it, people!

DumpJerry
03-21-2007, 10:35 PM

42? That makes 12 names missing from my seating chart. Get with it, people!
Does that include the squirrel?

crazyozzie02
03-21-2007, 10:46 PM
i will be sending my check in on sunday

MinnySoxFan
03-22-2007, 09:17 AM

I don't know if my check has made it yet...These mail office people are a little slow up here.

crazyozzie02
03-22-2007, 11:18 AM
:tomatoaward

FedEx227
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM

I'll have to get mine in there, I've been slacking.

TornLabrum
03-30-2007, 09:44 AM
REMINDER: You have two weeks to make reservations for WSI Fest, Part A. Seats revert to other groups after April 13.

TornLabrum
04-06-2007, 05:05 PM
And that two weeks is now down to one week. If you've been putting off buying your tickets, your time has almost expired.

cbotnyse
04-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey Wilkes, how bout a roster for the softball game? :) Are we getting tee-shirts for the game?

whitesoxwilkes
04-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey Wilkes, how bout a roster for the softball game? :) Are we getting tee-shirts for the game?

Here's who's playing softball. I haven't done positions or a batting order, and will probably do it randomly.

Domeshot17
Jenn2080
FedEx227
WhiteSoxWilkes
CbotNyse
CrazyOzzie02
RedHeadPaleHoser
MarySwiss
Rocky Soprano
Skobabe8
ILuvThatDuck
FielderJones
IWriteCode
Itsnotrequired
Brian26
beasly212

If someone wants to put together t-shirts and deal with all the hassle, more power to 'em!

cbotnyse
04-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Nice. I'd like to play catcher. Do we have someone that has pitched before? That is kinda important. I have tried, and I'm not that good.

whitesoxwilkes
04-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Nice. I'd like to play catcher. Do we have someone that has pitched before? That is kinda important. I have tried, and I'm not that good.

I have pitched many times. I usually get shelled, but don't mind doing it.

FedEx227
04-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Awesome glad I made the squad :tongue:

I'm basically a middle-infielder by trade, I look like Rob Mackowiak in the OF.

DumpJerry
04-07-2007, 08:31 AM
I have pitched many times. I usually get shelled, but don't mind doing it.
Jim Hendry is holding on line 2...................

skobabe8
04-07-2007, 09:00 AM

LOL nice.

DumpJerry
04-07-2007, 09:04 AM

LOL nice.
Thanks. Taking that call could give him complete financial security for the rest of his life.

Brian26
04-07-2007, 09:04 AM
:cower:

MarySwiss
04-07-2007, 10:33 AM
This should be fun! Can't wait to see you guys. :D:

Wilkes, do you know game time yet? Also, about the $20 donation--bring it with or should we send it to you (or someone else) ahead of time?

itsnotrequired
04-07-2007, 10:41 AM

Wilkes, do you know game time yet? Also, about the $20 donation--bring it with or should we send it to you (or someone else) ahead of time?

All donations should be sent to me. Cash or checks written to cash preferred. Also, the total has increased to $50.

whitesoxwilkes
04-07-2007, 11:28 AM

Bring it to me. If you write a check, make it payable to "Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities."

I don't know the game time yet, I'll check with my guy over at SoxTalk.

MarySwiss
04-07-2007, 01:27 PM
All donations should be sent to me. Cash or checks written to cash preferred. Also, the total has increased to $50.

Bring it to me. If you write a check, make it payable to "Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities."

I don't know the game time yet, I'll check with my guy over at SoxTalk.

Sounds good, Wilkes.

INR, Monopoly money okay? :tongue:

FedEx227
04-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Sounds good, Wilkes.

INR, Monopoly money okay? :tongue:

Only if it comes with property on Baltic Avenue

crazyozzie02
04-10-2007, 10:52 AM
hopefully my check arrives there by friday. it is in the mail today. does anyone know how long it takes for a letter to get from chesterton to chicago?

ewokpelts
04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
hopefully my check arrives there by friday. it is in the mail today. does anyone know how long it takes for a letter to get from chesterton to chicago?
no more than two days, depending on the weather.

ewokpelts
04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Silly Question. But what If I already have tix and just want a patio pass? How much?

skottyj242
04-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Silly Question. But what If I already have tix and just want a patio pass? How much?

Day of game go to gate two ask for Steve. I can't remember how much it is but it was more than I thought. I wanna say 30 bucks last year but I could be wrong.

FedEx227
04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Day of game go to gate two ask for Steve. I can't remember how much it is but it was more than I thought. I wanna say 30 bucks last year but I could be wrong.

I know there is a way to get them ahead of time, I remember a ton of people asking for that last year, although I can't remember price or how to go about it.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
I know there is a way to get them ahead of time, I remember a ton of people asking for that last year, although I can't remember price or how to go about it.

Or just look at the first post in this thread.

TornLabrum
04-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Email Stephanie (see link in first post) and ask. IIRC it's 30 bucks.

jenn2080
04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Just faxed my form in this afternoon for my brother and I

cbotnyse
04-11-2007, 05:25 PM

Email Stephanie (see link in first post) and ask. IIRC it's 30 bucks.yes, I did that, but you still have to pay the $5 fee, so its $35 total.

TornLabrum
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
yes, I did that, but you still have to pay the $5 fee, so its $35 total.

Let me also remind anyone who will be buying the next couple of days that the total handling fee is $5.00 regardless of number of tickets purchased.

FedEx227
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Sent mine in Saturday, no word yet, but I should be under the cut-off date.

tebman
04-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Faxed in the order today and confirmed with Stephanie at the Sox office that it was received.

Two tickets ordered: tebman and son-of-tebman will be there! :cheers:

As Groucho put it so well:
"And now, on with the opera! Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons and necking in the parlor!"

the gooch
04-13-2007, 09:35 AM
I emailed Stephanie a pdf of the form today. I got an auto-reply saying she is out of the office until Monday. Should I call the office, or will that make me double order?

jenn2080
04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I emailed Stephanie a pdf of the form today. I got an auto-reply saying she is out of the office until Monday. Should I call the office, or will that make me double order?

You need to fax the form to the fax number on the form. It goes to the White Sox.

Law11
04-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm already going to this game but thought it might be fun to actually meet some of you. Where are the actual seats.section located you all will be in?

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm already going to this game but thought it might be fun to actually meet some of you. Where are the actual seats.section located you all will be in?
Check out isnotrequired's seating chart (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84435)

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Just put in an order for one more ticket. Hopefully this waiting till the last second doesn't prevent me from getting a ticket for a buddy of mine. Nonetheless I will be there, so not too many worries! :smile:

UserNameBlank
04-13-2007, 12:31 PM
If some of you guys play a softball game, one of you should bean Gregory Pratt if he is playing against you. Shoota too. They are the reasons why I can't read Soxtalk anymore.

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 02:09 PM
If some of you guys play a softball game, one of you should bean Gregory Pratt if he is playing against you. Shoota too. They are the reasons why I can't read Soxtalk anymore.
Take your dirty laundry elsewhere. This site is all about the love.:D:

jdm2662
04-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Just faxed mine in for 5/26. I figured since I've been on here long enough and had quite a bit of conversations with some, it might be time to meet who I'm taking to.

crazyozzie02
04-13-2007, 10:46 PM
i faxed mine about 2:30 today. i called the sox and they said that it wont be processed until about monday. am i still gonna get the tics seeming that it is in today? anyone know about this?

DumpJerry
04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
i faxed mine about 2:30 today. i called the sox and they said that it wont be processed until about monday. am i still gonna get the tics seeming that it is in today? anyone know about this?
Why didn't you ask them when you had them on the phone?

crazyozzie02
04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Why didn't you ask them when you had them on the phone?

i did, but the guy didnt seem to know what he was talking about, and really didnt give me an answer

TornLabrum
04-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Seems like several of you waited until the very last minute to order your May 26 tickets. That should be okay, but anything after today, you're probably on your own I already authorized the release last week of 75 tickets to the Windy City Sox Fans and any leftover tickets will be released to other groups or to the general public.

FedEx227
04-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Sent mine last Saturday and haven't received any word, anybody send after/on this same day and get anything back yet? Not really worried, just kind of curious. I might just give the Sox a call Monday morning.

Navarro's Talent
04-14-2007, 11:31 PM
My sheet was faxed out on Monday, so I'm more than sure there won't be a problem. I can't wait; I'm 2-0 at WSI-Fest! :bandance: