PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Road Trip Question

SaltyPretzel
01-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm planning on going to the series the first week of June. Does anyone know what hotel the Sox stay at in Toronto?

Thanks.

chisoxmike
01-31-2007, 12:42 PM
They stay in the hotel thats attached to/in the stadium, which is the Rodgers Centre.

crazyozzie02
01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
that hotel is very nice. I was up at skydome a couple years ago and saw a O's/Jays game, and i was very impressed with it

thegooch
01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
has anyone stayed in the rogers center before? Is it worth the $$ to stay there or is it better to stay further away from the stadium?

jenn2080
01-31-2007, 02:08 PM
has anyone stayed in the rogers center before? Is it worth the $$ to stay there or is it better to stay further away from the stadium?

I think Scottiehaswheels stayed there last year. If I remember correctly he liked it.

Trav
01-31-2007, 02:11 PM

I stayed in the hotel there. The first night, we stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the field. It was pretty cool and I would recommend it if you can swing it ($$$$). After the game many of the players and coaches get a drink at the hotel bar. I chatted up Rowand and Konerko, among others, in 05. It was a great time.

Hagan
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I stayed at the Hilton in Toronto when I went there two years ago. It was only a few blocks from the stadium and the CNN tower.
(javascript:HD(900502,-30461,0,0,16,3))

SoxSideIrish
01-31-2007, 02:37 PM
CNN tower.

I think it's just the CN tower, with one "n"....I think.:smile:

StepsInSC
01-31-2007, 02:40 PM

I thought it was worth it, although I did get a good price. I went last year when the Jays were playing the A's, and saw Frank in the hotel and got him to sign a jersey of his that I had with me just in case. :D:

I also watched a CFL game from the hotel bar which added to the value.

pagansoxfan
01-31-2007, 02:44 PM
it is the CN Tower. for anyone who is going, a heads up. you now need a passport to fly there. it runs i believe $97.00. personally, i think it's bs that we need one, but i won't turn this political. my gf lives in kingston, so i most likely am going. anyone else who is going, lemme know. it would make for a fun flight having fellow sox fans on board. one of my fav hotels in t.o. is the royal york. pricey, but very nice, and worth the b ucks.

MUsoxfan
01-31-2007, 02:46 PM
it is the CN Tower. for anyone who is going, a heads up. you now need a passport to fly there. it runs i believe $97.00. personally, i think it's bs that we need one, but i won't turn this political. my gf lives in kingston, so i most likely am going. anyone else who is going, lemme know. it would make for a fun flight having fellow sox fans on board. one of my fav hotels in t.o. is the royal york. pricey, but very nice, and worth the b ucks.

Yeah, but it's probably a pretty good idea to have a passport anyway. They last a number of years, so $97 isn't all that bad.

Vives
01-31-2007, 02:53 PM
i saw the sox last year in toronto over memorial day weekend. we stayed at the sheraton centre - it was much cheaper than the hotel at rogers centre and is right next to city hall and eaton centre (seems they are fond of 'centre' up north), as well as plenty of nightlife and restaurants. the walk to the ballpark only takes about 10 mins or so.

check out the stadium tour and go to the top of the CN tower if you get a chance...

MeteorsSox4367
01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
I saw the Jays and Mariners play there a couple of summers ago. The stadium itself is kinda dull, but the sightlines were good, the people were very friendly and the Labatt's was cold and tasty. I stayed in the hotel within the ballpark and it was easier than having to worry about parking and other things.

I don't know if it's still open, but Wayne Gretzky's sports bar and grill was a few blocks away. The food was good and it had some awesome hockey memorabilia.

Toronto is a cool place to visit. The people are friendly, the city is clean and it's a short flight from Chicago. Plus, they have the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Brian26
01-31-2007, 08:54 PM
it is the CN Tower. for anyone who is going, a heads up. you now need a passport to fly there.

I believe you now need a passport to go anywhere, including Canada and the Carribean.

whitesoxwilkes
01-31-2007, 08:56 PM
I believe you now need a passport to go anywhere, including Canada and the Carribean.

Only if you re-enter the US from anywhere via air. For land crossings I don't think you need one yet.

Nonetheless, it's a good thing to have.

Dibbs
01-31-2007, 09:44 PM
It sounds cool to stay at the hotel in the park. However, I drove there last year when the Sox were in town and stayed at the Hilton downtown. I would probably do that again, as it is close to a lot of nightlife and restaurants.

kraut83
02-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Only if you re-enter the US from anywhere via air. For land crossings I don't think you need one yet.

I believe you are correct and the land crossings go into effect at the end of this year or next.

SaltyPretzel
02-01-2007, 08:24 AM
that hotel is very nice. I was up at skydome a couple years ago and saw a O's/Jays game, and i was very impressed with it

I just checked availability and there aren't any rooms for that weekend. :(:

Paulwny
02-02-2007, 11:29 AM

The regulation/law will occur no later than June 2009. Politicians from NY and Canada are fighting this regulation for the loss of tourism $$$.

About 40 per cent of Canadians have passports, but just 28 per cent of Americans do.
The Conference Board of Canada has warned the change in land rules could cost Canada 14 million American visitors and $3.6 billion in lost tourism revenues