PDA

View Full Version : Ouch again for the Mariners

Jjav829
03-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Prospect Ryan Anderson, who missed all of last season following shoulder surgery, may have hurt his left shoulder again. Anderson had an MRI exam March 13, and the Mariners said he had a torn labrum, which is part of the shoulder joint. Seattle physician Dr. Larry Pedegana, will review the test and determine the next step for the left-hander. The 6-foot-10 Anderson had surgery on March 6 last year. He has thrown on the side in workouts this spring, but not in a game because of soreness in his shoulder. In 2000, Anderson was 5-8 in 20 starts at Triple-A Tacoma, striking out 146 batters in 104 innings. He was placed on the disabled list July 26, 2000, with a strained left shoulder, and pitched only two more innings the rest of that season.

Damn, Anderson has some horrible luck.

RichH55
03-14-2002, 12:50 AM
And yet another reason not to bank on the pitching prospect.....if We give up a big arm next offseason and really fill a hole that gets us over the division favorite hump to contender status then i won't be calling for KW's head over it

Vsahajpal
03-14-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
And yet another reason not to bank on the pitching prospect.....if We give up a big arm next offseason and really fill a hole that gets us over the division favorite hump to contender status then i won't be calling for KW's head over it

In my opinion, the only hole happens to be in the starting rotation. Kenny doesn't really have a good track record in dealing for "frontline" pitchers, does he?

czalgosz
03-14-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

In my opinion, the only hole happens to be in the starting rotation.

The Sox are going to have some problems in middle relief, unless someone really starts showing something in the next week or so. That's going to be more of an issue than the rotation, IMO. Some people think the Sox have a hole behind the plate, but I think that the Sox will be fine there if they just let Mark Johnson play. Other than that, I feel okay about this year's team.

Randar68
03-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz
but I think that the Sox will be fine there if they just let Mark Johnson play. Other than that, I feel okay about this year's team.

Can I get an AMEN? When Sandy leaves after this year, we will have a really solid catcher combo of Olivo and MJ, at least defensively, if not average offensively...

Oh yeah, about the prospects:
Haveing only one or 2 top pitching prospects is scary because of injury (Seattle), but I would guess with our depth, there is always a good chance of one or 2 emerging, even if they are unheralded (Buehrle)