PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Fan Club

ChicagoHoosier
01-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Anyone join last year? I know some of you guys did, but I searched on posts and couldn't find whether you thought it was worth it, nice to do, etc. I'll be out of town two weeks a month and am thinking of doing it just to get the mlb audio (not sure if video is included in that as well). It would only be 5 bucks more to join the club.

Is it a scam? I saw this year there is also a premier membership for $10 more that gets you a t-shirt and a special card.

Since I'm a STH, the access to games doesn't give me much, so really not sure if it's worth it other than showing my PRIDE.

soxchick20
01-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I joined last year. Mostly for the free audio and official Sox Pride Club Card and letter from Ozzie. Its not a scam but it could be better. The ticket offers don't work for me and neither do the postgame press conferences.

oeo
01-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, it's a good deal with the audio alone (I think, at least. I don't get WCIU here at school, so I have to listen to those games; plus it's nice to listen to the Tigers/Twins in the heat of the division race). I didn't use any of the ticket offers.

I thought someone posted that they were going to make some changes this year, so I stayed on board.

EDIT: Then again...I don't recall this being $20 last year; I thought it was more like 10. I think I changed my mind; the perks are not good enough. I think I have until February 1st to cancel, but it's a good thing that I can log-in to my account.

oeo
01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
By the way, I'm glad you posted this because I had no idea they upped the price $10. Luckily there was still time to cancel.

And I would say it's not worth the $19.95, unless you were going to get the Gameday Audio anyway (which I don't really need). Some of the perks they list never even came about over the course of the season, anyway.

VenturaIsAGod
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, the biggest reason I got it was because it was cheaper to get Gameday Audio that way. I like how they didn't tell any of us they were going to raise the prices. On the whole, it's probably not worth it, as I never even used the ticket deals they kind of offered. For some reason, though, I'm nerdy enough to think it's cool to have the card.

whitesoxwilkes
01-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Ughhh. Didn't realize they upped it. How much is it for just GameDay audio?

oeo
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Ughhh. Didn't realize they upped it. How much is it for just GameDay audio?

$14.95.

It would have been nice if we could have at least gotten an e-mail stating that they doubled the price.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
To be honest, it works better if you live out of town with the Gameday Audio perks, etc. It seemed that all the "insider" news was shown on either the Sox website, or, I got the same stories here.

The best thing, IMO, was the membership card showing my name, "Founding Member", and the WS logo. After that, and downloading the wallpaper, I didn't really see the value.

sox647
01-30-2007, 09:35 PM
The best thing, IMO, was the membership card showing my name, "Founding Member", and the WS logo. After that, and downloading the wallpaper, I didn't really see the value.

YEP

whitesoxwilkes
01-30-2007, 09:36 PM
$14.95.

It would have been nice if we could have at least gotten an e-mail stating that they doubled the price.

Yeah. I knew they'd hit me for renewal unless instructed otherwise. Maybe I'll just stick with it because I am too lazy to cancel and then resubscribe, plus I have heard horror stories about MLB.com's customer service.

champagne030
01-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah. I knew they'd hit me for renewal unless instructed otherwise. Maybe I'll just stick with it because I am too lazy to cancel and then resubscribe, plus I have heard horror stories about MLB.com's customer service.

It's $5 more than ordering audio through MLB. Yes, they should have sent something out - it's bush league they didn't. I don't need the tickets, but I think they did up the tickets from 2 per year to 2 per month and I can help a couple of people with that.

The Critic
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM
MLB.com's customer service.

There is no such thing.

Purchasing through mlb.com was a NIGHTMARE for me - one item, listed as "in stock" on their site, ordered on December 8th as a Christmas gift, shipped on December 23rd and arrived on December 27th. It took them TEN DAYS just to process the order before ever starting the shipping process at all.
I complained via email and recieved a form reply that basically said nothing except that it would be the only response to my complaint.

mlb.com = dead to me.

mwc44
01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
...The best thing, IMO, was the membership card showing my name, "Founding Member", and the WS logo. After that, and downloading the wallpaper, I didn't really see the value.

YEP

...I have heard horror stories about MLB.com's customer service.

There is no such thing...mlb.com = dead to me.

Agreed on ALL accounts!

Uncle_Patrick
01-31-2007, 09:41 AM
That sucks that they upped the price. I got it last year for the gameday audio because it was cheaper than the regular gameday audio and I could listen the the day games at work.

Did anyone ever check out the Sox Pride message board? I went on there early in the season and people were talking about the Cubs, so I never went back.

soxchick20
01-31-2007, 11:09 AM
That sucks that they upped the price. I got it last year for the gameday audio because it was cheaper than the regular gameday audio and I could listen the the day games at work.

Did anyone ever check out the Sox Pride message board? I went on there early in the season and people were talking about the Cubs, so I never went back.

Yes, and it was terrible. I went on there once or twice and I can no longer bring myself to read most of the crap on there.

russ99
01-31-2007, 11:54 AM
To be honest, it works better if you live out of town with the Gameday Audio perks, etc. It seemed that all the "insider" news was shown on either the Sox website, or, I got the same stories here.

Yes, the card is really cool. I already had Gameday Audsio so that wasn't a factor at all. I also really liked getting the pre-game info packets (.PDF press sheets) too. But the best part was getting great bleacher tickets to a game I didn't otherwise have any chance to get decent seats.

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, the card is really cool. I also really liked getting the pre-game info packets (.PDF press sheets) too. But the best part was getting great bleacher tickets to a game I didn't otherwise have any chance to get decent seats.

Those pre-game reports are available for free to anyone on the MLB website (with a free mlb.com account, of course).

russ99
01-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Those pre-game reports are available for free to anyone on the MLB website (with a free mlb.com account, of course).

Really? I thought you had to log in (I used my Sox Pride username) to get access to that page. Maybe it also comes with the MLB.TV subscription.

russ99
01-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Wow, the Pride Club is much better this year:

Opportunity to purchase two (2) tickets a month in the special 60-seat Sox Pride Club section located in the lower deck for all Prime, Regular and Value Monday games.

Last season we only got to pick one game for the entire season. This season it's 2 tickets per month! :D: If the Sox Pride seats are in the same section (left-field bleachers) as last year, this is a great deal.

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Really? I thought you had to log in (I used my Sox Pride username) to get access to that page. Maybe it also comes with the MLB.TV subscription.

All you need is an account with mlb.com (which is free).

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/presspass/index.jsp

BeefyD
01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
I didn't check often, but did they EVER have an auction as advertised?

salty99
01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
I didn't check often, but did they EVER have an auction as advertised?

Yes they finally did have a couple of items at the end of the year. I won't be renewing this year.

BainesHOF
01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
They had one auction at the very end of the year. All they auctioned were a couple of photos. I'm sure they finally did that just so they wouldn't have to refund any money. What a joke.

35th&Shields
01-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't get radio reception in my office in the Loop, and joining the Sox Pride club was the same price as the MLB audio, so it was well worth it for me. If it wasn't for the audio, I don't think it would be worth it. Allegedly there are special tickets set aside for Sox Pride members, but the couple of times I tried to take advantage of them the code for the tickets didn't work on the Sox site or the tickets were sold out. Bottom line: If you want the audio, get it. If not think hard about it.

salty99
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Here is the link I just got in my e-mail:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/index.jsp

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
If you signed up last year, does it automatically renew? I thought I read that this was the case...

champagne030
01-31-2007, 03:04 PM
If you signed up last year, does it automatically renew? I thought I read that this was the case...

Yes.

RENEWALS
For your convenience, your 2007 Sox Pride Club subscription will automatically renew, without interruption, before the start of each subsequent MLB season at the rate then in effect unless you cancel your subscription by sending an email requesting cancellation to soxprideclub@whitesox.mlb.com (soxprideclub@whitesox.mlb.com) before February 1, 2007 (subscriptions cannot be cancelled, refunded, or credited -- in part or in whole -- after Spring Training starts).

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/details.jsp

crazyozzie02
01-31-2007, 03:08 PM
im considering buying it, but is it worth it just for the tickets?

Uncle_Patrick
01-31-2007, 03:12 PM

My question is, with two packages offered this year and renewals being automatic, what if you want to upgrade your subscription to the more expensive package? Do you need to cancel and sign up again?

dakuda
01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/spc/details.jsp

Thanks for the email to cancel. With the price doubling, and my finances a bit tighter (that's what I get for buying a house), I just cancelled it. I hope. Odds are, the email gets missed and I still wind up paying for it.

Besides, I don't have a job where the gameday audio comes in handy anymore during the season.

oeo
01-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the email to cancel. With the price doubling, and my finances a bit tighter (that's what I get for buying a house), I just cancelled it. I hope. Odds are, the email gets missed and I still wind up paying for it.

Besides, I don't have a job where the gameday audio comes in handy anymore during the season.

I don't like this cancellation method. The e-mail address is used for multiple things, so it's likely that human has to go through them. I wish I would have done this earlier than yesterday; I've got a bad feeling I'm going to get charged and have to go through crap with customer service. :puking:

havelj
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Can anyone log into the Sox Pride web site?

I am getting:
There was an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists, please call Customer Support toll-free number: 866-800-1275.

I then had them email me my password to reset and get the same error.

oeo
01-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Can anyone log into the Sox Pride web site?

I am getting:
There was an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists, please call Customer Support toll-free number: 866-800-1275.

I then had them email me my password to reset and get the same error.

Yeah, it's not you, it's MLB.com. It's been like that since I tried logging in yesterday.

dakuda
01-31-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't like this cancellation method. The e-mail address is used for multiple things, so it's likely that human has to go through them. I wish I would have done this earlier than yesterday; I've got a bad feeling I'm going to get charged and have to go through crap with customer service. :puking:

Well, since I cannot login, I figure that this is better then nothing. Hopefully, it works.

MincHiaPettito
02-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Last year it was okay. Great if you were getting Gameday Audio anyways. You did get tickets, but the way it was worded I didn\'t think it would be one chance for the whole year. And I heard some people\'s codes weren\'t working. There were also some features promised that I never saw the come through with, like they gave up on it later in the season. The nice thing is that the tickets will be for every home game (if you are early enough to claim them), so you have a chance for say a Cubs game or what have you, but I remember I was able to get one on my own better since they released others the day before at the box office. I would definately not do that extra package just for the tshirt, that sounds lame

SouthSide_HitMen
02-01-2007, 12:42 AM
I cancelled since I only want the audio. Hopefully they will not renew my subscription per my email request (sent today 1/31/07).

I'll report back if they did not honor my request.