PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf's "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" (2007 Chicago White Sox Theme Song?)

OzzieAmigo
01-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Brooks Boyer
Vice President, Marketing
Chicago White Sox
Comiskey Park, U.S. Cellular Field
333 W. 35th St. Chicago, IL 60616

Dear Mr. Boyer:

My name is Jason M. Moritz, and I’m a lifelong Chicago
White Sox fan. I just had the greatest idea! Why don’t
you make Meat Loaf’s 1977-1978 hit “Two Out of Three
Ain’t Bad” the theme song (and just plain theme) for
the 2007 White Sox? I’ve attached a copy of the lyrics
for you to look over. Like Journey’s “Don’t Stop
Believin’” and Steve Perry in 2005, I think Meat Loaf
(my Mom calls him Meat Ball) and his song could rally
the fans (I know it helps me deal with the
disappointment of the 2006 season) and inspire the
players (I’ll bet money Crede and Pierzynski sing it
all the time at barroom karaoke). Of course you’d
probably have to get legal clearances, etc. Minor
details. Maybe Meat Loaf could sing it (and the
National Anthem) at the Cell on Opening Day? It’s
about time his career was resurrected yet again. As
you can see, I’m full of wonderful ideas. Anyway,
thanks for listening, and remember…

Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad,

Jason M. Moritz

caulfield12
01-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. Let's all get behind this.

As long as Journey, Steve Perry or Randy Jackson aren't involved, I'm all for it. Worst-case scenario, they do a cover of it with someone else picked out by Brooksie.

OzzieAmigo
01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Two Out of Three Ain't Bad, Meat Loaf (1977)

Baby we can talk all night
But that aint getting us nowhere
I told you everything I possibly can
Theres nothing left inside of here
And maybe you can cry all night
But thatll never change the way that I feel
The snow is really piling up outside
I wish you wouldnt make me leave here

I poured it on and I poured it out
I tried to show you just how much I care
Im tired of words and Im too hoarse to shout
But youve been cold to me so long
Im crying icicles instead of tears

And all I can do is keep on telling you
I want you
I need you
But -- there aint no way Im ever gonna love you
Now dont be sad
cause two out of three aint bad
Now dont be sad

Youll never find your gold on a sandy beach
Youll never drill for oil on a city street
I know youre looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks
But there aint no coupe de ville hiding at the bottom of a cracker jack box

I cant lie
I cant tell you that Im something Im not
No matter how I try
Ill never be able
To give you something
Something that I just havent got

Theres only one girl that I will ever love
And that was so many years ago
And though I know Ill never get her out of my heart
She never loved me back
Ooh I know
I remember how she left me on a stormy night
She kissed me and got out of our bed
And though I pleaded and I begged her not to walk out that door
She packed her bags and turned right away

And she kept on telling me
She kept on telling me
She kept on telling me
I want you
I need you
But there aint no way Im ever gonna love you
Now dont be sad
I want you
I need you
But there aint no way Im ever gonna love you
Now dont be sad
Dont be sad

Baby we can talk all night
But that aint getting us nowhere

ilsox7
01-30-2007, 06:27 PM
IMO, "theme songs" like Don't Stop Believin' just happen. Trying to assign a theme doesn't work for me. Maybe if you're talking about an ad campaign but even then, I think the focus should be on 2007, not what happened in 2005 and what didn't happen in 2006.

caulfield12
01-30-2007, 06:37 PM
But that does capture the feeling...we all thought for sure we were going to win it last year, the majority are pretty unsure we're going to win 90 games THIS year, so you would feel if we won the World Series again that "two out of three ain't bad"

Actually, it sounds like something KW would say on the podium with JR and Selig at a trophy presentation.

Jjav829
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
:?:

Brooks' thought after reading an email before and after this one...

Two out of three ain't bad...:smile:

OzzieAmigo
01-30-2007, 06:50 PM
IMO, "theme songs" like Don't Stop Believin' just happen. Trying to assign a theme doesn't work for me. Maybe if you're talking about an ad campaign but even then, I think the focus should be on 2007, not what happened in 2005 and what didn't happen in 2006.

I'm all for spontaneity too, ilsox7, but can't it "just happen" here with discussion about the letter I sent to Brooks? And the song does focus on 2007--it forsees a White Sox World Series winner in 2007! We all want that too.

caulfield12
01-30-2007, 06:55 PM
:?:

Brooks' thought after reading an email before and after this one...

Two out of three ain't bad...:smile:

Maybe you're getting too caught up in the Meatloaf angle.

Maybe if they had a gangsta rap "Southside Version" with G-Unit, Carl Everett and Nicole from the *****cat Dolls, you might be more into it???

I included Crazy Carl since he's currently unemployed and I loved his WS quotes on the DVD...he cracks me up every time I watch it.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Meatloaf? :puking:

AJ Hellraiser
01-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Does anyone actually have Brooks' email address? I'd like to shoot him a quick email...

MrRoboto83
01-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Sorry a Meatloaf ballad will not work. The 2006 White Sox should be compared to OliveLoaf.

ondafarm
01-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I prefer "Hammer Time" by MC Hammer.

Beer Can Chicken
01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Meatloaf?

I just lit myself on fire.

Goodnight.

Jjav829
01-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Maybe you're getting too caught up in the Meatloaf angle.

Maybe if they had a gangsta rap "Southside Version" with G-Unit, Carl Everett and Nicole from the *****cat Dolls, you might be more into it???

I included Crazy Carl since he's currently unemployed and I loved his WS quotes on the DVD...he cracks me up every time I watch it.

Oh yeah, that would make it much better.

Actually, I just think the original poster should have opted for "I Would Do Anything For Love."

RadioheadRocks
01-31-2007, 04:51 AM
"I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you..."????????????????? :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 07:22 AM
What about "Little Spanish Flea" by Herb Alpert? IIRC, Konerko has been using this song when he comes up to bat for years and I think now is the time for the whole team to get behind this amazing anthem. Who's with me?

caulfield12
01-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh yeah, that would make it much better.

Actually, I just think the original poster should have opted for "I Would Do Anything For Love."

Wasn't the Neal Cotts' theme song for the second half last season?

ILuvThatDuck
01-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Meatloaf???????? Oh I hope not.

I think OzzieAmigo must be part of the Meatloaf PR machine.:D:

kobo
01-31-2007, 08:11 AM
This is not a good idea. It's bad enough that I had to hear 'Don't Stop Believin' for about 2 months straight in 05, I think I'd go insane if I heard Meatloaf through an entire baseball season.

caulfield12
01-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Maybe "Go Go Sox" will show up on the list of songs for American Idol in the Finals.

UserNameBlank
01-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Meatloaf? :puking:

Finally. I can't believe how long it took for someone to post that icon.

How about no more crappy theme songs period? Just stick to regular sports music, like Queen's "We Will Rock You," anything by AC/DC, etc. Whatever it is that the Sox would normally play during a game, play that.

chisoxmike
01-31-2007, 10:06 AM
:puking: :puking: :puking:

Let's worry about getting off to a good start to the season first instead of choosing which song can suit a run for the playoffs.

Mr.1Dog
01-31-2007, 10:27 AM
:?: Whatever happened to Steam?

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 10:38 AM
I think OzzieAmigo must be part of the Meatloaf PR machine.:D:

Yeah, I live in Los Angeles (Glendale, actually), but not now nor have I ever represented Mr. Loaf and his desire to return to #1--his proper and rightful place on the charts! Didn't anyone see "Fight Club"? Didn't anyone hear "Bat Out of Hell :angry: III"? Quality stuff this man has produced in the recent past. Open your eyes! Open your ears! Open your hearts! MEAT LOAF #1!!! :angry:

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 10:45 AM
My sister's boyfriend (an uppity Cardinals Fan:(: ) just sent me his version below. Maybe everyone here will like his version better? I didn't think so. Obviously, Meat Loaf still rules!:angry:

Kenny you can talk all night
But that ain't getting us nowhere
I told you everything I possibly can
There's nothing left from last year

And maybe you can cry all night about '06
But that'll never change the way I feel
The ERAs are really piling up in the Central
I wish you wouldn't have let Freddy leave

We poured it on and we poured it out
We tried to show you just how much we care
We're tired of words and we're too hoarse to shout
But we stunk so bad last season, from wire to wire,
We're crying icicles instead of tears

And all we can do is keep on telling you
We want three
We need three
But there ain't no way
We're ever gonna have three
Now don't be sad
'Cause two out of three ain't bad
Now don't be sad

You'll never find a bargain lefty in the National League
You'll never find a skipper to top Ozzie
We know you're looking for a ruby
In a mountain of rocks
But there ain't no tricked out Hummer hiding
At the bottom of a Cracker Jack box

We can't lie
We can't pretend that we're something we're not
No matter how we try
We'll never be able to give you something
Something that we just haven't got

There's only one trophy we've ever won
And that was only two years ago
And though we know we'll never get her out of our hearts
We played like **** in '06, and lost her, we know
I remember how she left us on an October night
She kissed us and flew to Missouri
And though we pleaded and we begged her
Not to walk out that door
She packed her bags and turned right away

And she kept on telling us
She kept on telling us
She kept on telling us
You want three
You need three
But there ain't no way
You're ever gonna have three
Now don't be sad
Remember, there's always 2007 -

Kenny we can talk all night
But that ain't getting us nowhere

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I eagerly await the day when the Bones of Meatloaf rise from the grave to rule us all.

ILuvThatDuck
01-31-2007, 10:57 AM
I eagerly await the day when the Bones of Meatloaf rise from the grave to rule us all.

I await that day also:whiner:

Beer Can Chicken
01-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I live in Los Angeles (Glendale, actually), but not now nor have I ever represented Mr. Loaf and his desire to return to #1--his proper and rightful place on the charts! Didn't anyone see "Fight Club"? Didn't anyone hear "Bat Out of Hell :angry: III"? Quality stuff this man has produced in the recent past. Open your eyes! Open your ears! Open your hearts! MEAT LOAF #1!!! :angry:

I just opened my eyes and ears to pour bleach in them. I'd open my heart but I'm eagerly awaiting St Valentine's Day at White Castle.

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 11:05 AM
I await that day also:whiner:

For it is written, "The Bones of Meatloaf shall rise from the grave to rule us all".

Iwritecode
01-31-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.azstarnet.com/ss/2006/03/24/121411-1.jpg

"That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life."

"Yes, this is horrible, this idea."

tick53
01-31-2007, 12:19 PM
It's funny, last night I was looking for something to watch on the tube and there wasn't much of anything. I scoured my collection of VHS tapes and the movie, Meatloaf, To Hell And Back starrring W.Earl Brown of Deadwood jumped out at me. I fired it up and watch the tape. Immediately after it was over, I shut off the VCR and I saw an ad on VH1 Classic (my TV was on that channel previously). I thought that was a coincidence that that happened.

This afternoon after logging on to WSI, I see this thread. Another coincidence. As far a the song goes, I up in the air about it. I saw Meatloaf at then the World Music Theater when Bat Out Of Hell II was released back in 1994. Great show, but I'm not sure it fits here.

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 01:00 PM
It's funny, last night I was looking for something to watch on the tube and there wasn't much of anything. I scoured my collection of VHS tapes and the movie, Meatloaf, To Hell And Back starrring W.Earl Brown of Deadwood jumped out at me. I fired it up and watch the tape. Immediately after it was over, I shut off the VCR and I saw an ad on VH1 Classic (my TV was on that channel previously). I thought that was a coincidence that that happened.

This afternoon after logging on to WSI, I see this thread. Another coincidence. As far a the song goes, I up in the air about it. I saw Meatloaf at then the World Music Theater when Bat Out Of Hell II was released back in 1994. Great show, but I'm not sure it fits here.

Part of the Master Plan, tick53, the Master Plan. Really, "Don't Stop Believin'" fit the 2005 Sox with its title and chorus only--the rest was a sappy love song (I still love it, don't get me wrong, always will). The same is true for "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad." WE WON'T BE SAD 'CAUSE TWO OUT OF THREE AIN'T BAD! Meat Loaf is the man with the Master Plan for the Sox in 2007! His words ring true all over the South Side, the Midwest and to both coasts. Even Venezuela. Anyone else watch any Meat Loaf on VHS last night? Listen to him on 8-Track? Plenty of you, I'll bet! Ozzie, Kenny and Brooks too. Everyone in town is down with the Meat Loaf Master Plan!

caulfield12
01-31-2007, 03:47 PM
I just opened my eyes and ears to pour bleach in them. I'd open my heart but I'm eagerly awaiting St Valentine's Day at White Castle.

Are you Harold or Kumar?

By the way, Cal Penn is in Epic Movie, funnier than I expected.

Poor Doogie Howser.

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Are you Harold or Kumar?

Kumar

--- Brooks Boyer <bboyer@chisox.com> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Thanks for the idea. That is a pretty slow song so
> I don't know what
> type of rally cry it could be but I will share your
> idea with our Game
> Operations group.
>
> All the best,
>
> Brooks
>

Brooks,

You're right, a power ballad like this one is a bit
slow. Slow like our team (rimshot). I'm sure you could
convince Meat Loaf to pick up the pace. Sing it like a
"Bat Out of Hell" (another rimshot). Maybe just play
the chorus--"Now don't be sad 'cause two out of three
ain't bad"--after the end of an inning/game/series. Or
use it on T-Shirts--Grinder Rule #666 (is that
taken?). I'll leave you alone, I know you're a busy
guy. Thanks for listening and passing the idea along.
Keep up the great work for the best baseball team on
the planet! One more time, with speed...

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad,
Jason

Brian26
01-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Does anyone actually have Brooks' email address? I'd like to shoot him a quick email...

Don't worry. I already took care of it.

There will be no Meatloaf at the Cell next year.

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Don't worry. I already took care of it.

There will be no Meatloaf at the Cell next year.

Right, because Aramark doesn't serve meatloaf at the concession stands. But there will be MEAT LOAF on the PA! Rock on!

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Right, because Aramark doesn't serve meatloaf at the concession stands. But there will be MEAT LOAF on the PA! Rock on!

Perhaps the sound system itself could be constructed out of meatloaf? Beef is a known structural meat so this could be a real possibility.

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Perhaps the sound system itself could be constructed out of meatloaf? Beef is a known structural meat so this could be a real possibility.

GENIUS! Another great idea! Let me e-mail Brooks. This whole Meat Loaf thing is really taking off!

DumpJerry
01-31-2007, 10:09 PM
At least the Marketing VP didn't barf all over my idea like the rest of you...
True, he was nice about it.

ilsox7
01-31-2007, 10:15 PM

Yea, that was Brooks' way of politely saying thanks, but no thanks.

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 10:16 PM

Yes, he was. I hope he's as nice about the meatloaf PA idea. Just kidding. :wink:

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
GENIUS! Another great idea! Let me e-mail Brooks. This whole Meat Loaf thing is really taking off!

Be sure to mention to him that I am a licensed PE in the State of Illinois. This will lend credibility to the PA-made-of-meat idea.

OzzieAmigo
01-31-2007, 10:49 PM

BENEDICT ARNOLD! How could he? "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," my ass. :angry:

Parrothead
01-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Be sure to mention to him that I am a licensed PE in the State of Illinois. This will lend credibility to the PA-made-of-meat idea.

You could put in there too.... I am a licensed Professional Geologist in the State of Illinois.

goon
01-31-2007, 11:17 PM
2007 Sox theme song = In-Gadda-Da-Vida

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 07:18 AM

BENEDICT ARNOLD! How could he? "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," my ass. :angry:

So does this spell the end of OzzieAmigo's Meatloaf campaign? Well, it was a wild ride while it lasted...

ILuvThatDuck
02-01-2007, 07:28 AM

A PE suggesting a PA in a MLB stadium to play ML music?

OMG ***, ROTFLMAO.

caulfield12
02-01-2007, 07:46 AM
2007 Sox theme song = In-Gadda-Da-Vida

I prefer In-Iguchi-Da-Vida

OzzieAmigo
02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
So does this spell the end of OzzieAmigo's Meatloaf campaign? Well, it was a wild ride while it lasted...

Or the dumb Lennon shades? And are those black tights he has on? Sweet Baby Jesus, this Meat Loaf guy has all kinds of problems. Let's rebuild him! Make him anew! The $6 Million Meat Loaf! Frankenloaf! Who's got the White Sox guitar? Black mic scarf? (Or is anyone just really good with Photoshop?) Jim Thome was Comeback story of last year in the AL. I think I found our 2007 story! Rise Meat Loaf! Rise! BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER!

kraut83
02-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Or the dumb Lennon shades? And are those black tights he has on? Sweet Baby Jesus, this Meat Loaf guy has all kinds of problems. Let's rebuild him! Make him anew! The $6 Million Meat Loaf! Frankenloaf! Who's got the White Sox guitar? Black mic scarf? (Or is anyone just really good with Photoshop?) Jim Thome was Comeback story of last year in the AL. I think I found our 2007 story! Rise Meat Loaf! Rise! BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER!

Horsemaster Fred, is that you?

SABRSox
02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Horsemaster Fred, is that you?

There can be only one Horsemaster Fred, and sadly OzzieAmigo isn't him.

Personally, my vote for theme song would be Lou Reed's "Satellite of Love." Not that it has anything to do with the Sox, I just think that's a really good song.

itsnotrequired
02-01-2007, 02:21 PM

I believe Meatloaf should be modified so when one looks at him with 3-D glasses on, he actually turns into a 4-D creature. Imagine this, the very essence of Meatloaf uploaded right into your brain. The mind wanders but not far when Loaf is encasing it. Are you feeling this? I know I am.

skottyj242
02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
"His name is Robert Paulson."

OzzieAmigo
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
There can be only one Horsemaster Fred, and sadly OzzieAmigo isn't him.

Sadly:whiner:

SBSoxFan
02-01-2007, 03:13 PM
How about "Paradise by the Dashboard (Scoreboard?) Light"? It's a baseball-themed song and everything!

I would also like to propose that BA use "Centerfield" for his AB music. :D:

OzzieAmigo
02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Sadly:whiner:

Speaking of sad, can someone tell me how to add an MP3 of "2/3≠Bad" (dig the abbrev.) onto this thread? Horsemaster Fred? Anyone? Bueller? Just kidding. I know it can't be done. Just please put it on while you read this thread. I know you have it somewhere in your (or your parents') pile of cassette tapes and/or 8-tracks--"Bat Out of Hell" (which contains "2/3≠Bad") has sold over 13 million copies. Thirteen million people can't be wrong! Or can they?

ILuvThatDuck
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Speaking of sad, can someone tell me how to add an MP3 of "2/3≠Bad" (dig the abbrev.) onto this thread? Horsemaster Fred? Anyone? Bueller? Just kidding. I know it can't be done. Just please put it on while you read this thread. I know you have it somewhere in your (or your parents') pile of cassette tapes and/or 8-tracks--"Bat Out of Hell" (which contains "2/3≠Bad") has sold over 13 million copies. Thirteen million people can't be wrong! Or can they?

That is brilliant:kneeslap:

OzzieAmigo
02-01-2007, 03:23 PM
How about "Paradise by the Dashboard (Scoreboard?) Light"? It's a baseball-themed song and everything!

I would also like to propose that BA use "Centerfield" for his AB music. :D:

Not so sure about the "Centerfield" for BA, however. Seems a bit overdone. But the "Paradise" angle is a good one. Didn't think of that. Maybe we just need to make a Meat Loaf Day (maybe replace overdone Elvis Day?) at the Cell. Meatloaf recipe contests for the Hot Moms. Meatloaf eating contests for the Fat Guys (and skinny Asians). And goodtime Rock n' Roll from Mr. Loaf for the rest of us!
:bandance:

OzzieAmigo
02-01-2007, 03:31 PM
But the "Paradise" angle is a good one.

So the lyrics from the song are right on:

Radio Broadcast:
Ok, here we go, we got a real pressure cooker
going here, two down, nobody on, no score,
bottom of the ninth, there's the wind-up and
there it is, a line shot up the middle, look
at him go. This boy can really fly!
He's rounding first and really turning it on
now, he's not letting up at all, he's gonna
try for second; the ball is bobbled out in center,
and here comes the throw, and what a throw!
He's gonna slide in head first, here he comes, he's out!
No, wait, safe--safe at second base, this kid really
makes things happen out there.
Batter steps up to the plate, here's the pitch--
he's going, and what a jump he's got, he's trying
for third, here's the throw, it's in the dirt--
safe at third! Holy cow, stolen base!
He's taking a pretty big lead out there, almost
daring him to try and pick him off. The pitcher
glance over, winds up, and it's bunted, bunted
down the third base line, the suicide squeeze in on!
Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close,
here's the throw, there's the play at the plate,
holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!

But the announcer ain't the Hawkeroo:

Baseball Play-by-Play: Phil Rizzuto

Maybe we swap out the Rizzuto bit with a bit from the 2005 Series? Suggestions?

chisoxmike
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
"His name is Robert Paulson."

:rolling:

chisoxmike
02-01-2007, 09:50 PM

...and apologize for this idea on OzzieAmigo's behalf?

OzzieAmigo
02-02-2007, 10:18 AM

Don't worry chisoxmike, I already apologized to Brooks and the entire White Sox organization. And let me take this opportunity to extend my apologies to all of you whitesoxinteractive readers. Unlike our current President, I can accept blame for really bad ideas. Won't happen again. Read my lips, no new Meat Loaf.

Jerko
02-02-2007, 10:34 AM

If Brooks ever changed his email, I for one would not hold it against him.

itsnotrequired
02-02-2007, 11:31 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2007-02/27685609.jpg

These noble men will guard all that is sacred and prevent Meatloaf from entering The Cell in 2007. I think we can all learn something from OzzieAmigo...

itsnotrequired
02-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I think we can all learn something from OzzieAmigo...

...and now he is banned. Goodnight, sweet prince.

:rolleyes:

caulfield12
02-04-2007, 06:06 AM
I think something that can be lost around here is that we are all White Sox fans, if we are novices or "advanced fans," young or old, male or female. I know that I myself should be more tolerant, it's something everybody can probably improve upon. Especially if it's a young kid asking a simple question (to an adult) or a teenage girl soliloquizing about Garland, Crede or Pods.

I have been drawn into exchanges of "getting the last word in" a few times before, and it is immature. It happens quite a bit, most people want to be right. It's human nature.

However, people shouldn't feel like they are starting to dislike the White Sox because of the way they are treated on a message board. I know at chisox.com, a number of young fans who were at the impressionable point in their lives of deciding on their favorite teams were hammered by posters who got frustrated with their youthful ignorance...well, just like your lasting impression of a company might be the great assistance (or frustration you feel) with the first contact in customer service, we can do ourselves some good by taking a step back to realize that we are all "real people" and not just cyberkinetic "robots" posting here.

I liked Ozzie's originality. It might be off the wall, but White Sox fans gather under a big and diverse tent. We are not all cookie cut molds like in Wrigleyville. Probably, this poster will never return, and that's not always a good thing. If it is a troll, that's another matter altogether.

itsnotrequired
02-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I think something that can be lost around here is that we are all White Sox fans, if we are novices or "advanced fans," young or old, male or female. I know that I myself should be more tolerant, it's something everybody can probably improve upon. Especially if it's a young kid asking a simple question (to an adult) or a teenage girl soliloquizing about Garland, Crede or Pods.

I have been drawn into exchanges of "getting the last word in" a few times before, and it is immature. It happens quite a bit, most people want to be right. It's human nature.

However, people shouldn't feel like they are starting to dislike the White Sox because of the way they are treated on a message board. I know at chisox.com, a number of young fans who were at the impressionable point in their lives of deciding on their favorite teams were hammered by posters who got frustrated with their youthful ignorance...well, just like your lasting impression of a company might be the great assistance (or frustration you feel) with the first contact in customer service, we can do ourselves some good by taking a step back to realize that we are all "real people" and not just cyberkinetic "robots" posting here.

I liked Ozzie's originality. It might be off the wall, but White Sox fans gather under a big and diverse tent. We are not all cookie cut molds like in Wrigleyville. Probably, this poster will never return, and that's not always a good thing. If it is a troll, that's another matter altogether.

I think OzzieAmigo was looking for a Meatloaf messageboard, stumbled upon WSI and thought "eh, good enough". 19 glorious posts, starting with how great Meatloaf is, then saying he sucks because there was a photo of him with a Yankees logo on his guitar and then ended with some U2 video.

I vote troll.

soxinem1
02-07-2007, 07:22 AM
I can appreciate the 'two out of three' angle, but this is a song about a guy who wants and needs this chick but does not love her. Is that what we want for a theme? The words are quite depressing, if you follow the verses.

But I agree with most of the posters, themes just sort of happen. Once you plan stuff, it doesn't have the same bite.