PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Buying Advice

Gavin
01-30-2007, 09:20 AM
As someone who has had to live in the South for their whole life, I'm excited at the prospect of finally moving to Chitown after I graduate in May. I'm contemplating buying a 13 game plan, though I'm also trying not to make impulsive decisions yet (maybe when I get a job..). I am curious to hear your advice as to what sort of ticket plans are good, and which aren't. Do you end up using all of the tickets, or do you sell some to put a little of the money back?

jenn2080
01-30-2007, 09:45 AM
That is all up to you. My brother and I use our 27 games and then some. Maybe a few games we give to our mom and brother. I have sold one game and that was it.

DaBears
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I hate to say it, but you only have 3 options. Get a 13 game pack now, wait for the public sale to try and get some of the games you want, buy from a broker later. 13 game packs will likely only be available for sale over the next month or so. Once the tickets go on sale to the public, you wont be getting very good seats with the 13 game pack.... I have a full season package, and go to roughly 2/3s of the games, with the other going to friends, coworkers, members of WSI... You can always count on people here trying to sell tickets for face value.

But go ahead and be impulsive, its for a good cause, THE WHITE SOX!:D:

kraut83
01-30-2007, 09:51 AM
I live 3-4 hours from the Cell, and got a 13 game plan this year. Two of my buddies in the Chi area got them as well, and they'll just buy mine for face when I don't go. You shouldn't have a problem if you can't make all of the games.

roylestillman
01-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd also advise taking a look at the Hit and Run package and buying tickets that atre not included in that package for the weekdays. There are more seats available on those dates. Also during the year use the Ticket Exchange program. Season Ticket holders put some great seats on sale and if you wait until close to game day you can get some great seats for close to face.