PDA

View Full Version : spring training autograph help

Rowandws33
01-30-2007, 09:52 AM
what the best way to try and get auto's at spring training. This is my first year going so any help would be great. I only need Iguchi to finish off my 2005 world series ball by the whole team. Is iguchi hard to get at spring training? Thanks for any help

michned
01-30-2007, 11:47 AM
what the best way to try and get auto's at spring training. This is my first year going so any help would be great. I only need Iguchi to finish off my 2005 world series ball by the whole team. Is iguchi hard to get at spring training? Thanks for any help

Best way is to go to the February workouts at the end of the month at the practice fields. After practice many players will stop and sign.

If you are going during March, the best chance is to get there when the gates open (I think about 90 minutes before game time) and park yourself in the first row of seats down from the Sox dugout on the first base side, and just wait. The ushers are pretty good at letting people go down there for pre-game, but the space fills up fast.

gr8mexico
01-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Iguchi Is really good signer. You wont have a problem

Rowandws33
01-30-2007, 09:40 PM
thanks for the help guys

rookieroy
02-01-2007, 04:25 PM
No. Go to the blue fence on the outside of the park at least 3 hours before game time and wait as they enter the park. You will know what I'm talkin' about once you get there and see it. Inside the park is o.k., but, too many fans are trying to do the same thing. I was there last year with my kids. My sons 2005 ball has all the coaches and he still needs Iguchi, Marte and Thomas to complete it. I think he has 30 or 31 autos on it. As an fyi, my son has had very bad luck with Iguchi and Cora the last 2 years. They jog by and smile everytime which is fine and sort of funny. Good luck out there. It's a great time and fun to rub shoulders with the players. :smile:

gr8mexico
02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
No. Go to the blue fence on the outside of the park at least 3 hours before game time and wait as they enter the park. You will know what I'm talkin' about once you get there and see it. Inside the park is o.k., but, too many fans are trying to do the same thing. I was there last year with my kids. My sons 2005 ball has all the coaches and he still needs Iguchi, Marte and Thomas to complete it. I think he has 30 or 31 autos on it. As an fyi, my son has had very bad luck with Iguchi and Cora the last 2 years. They jog by and smile everytime which is fine and sort of funny. Good luck out there. It's a great time and fun to rub shoulders with the players. :smile:
Cora will be hard to get but Iguchi has always been easy.

salty99
02-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I was able to get both last year by the blue fence about 1/2-1 hour before the game.

MarySwiss
02-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I second Michned. Last year, I went the last Saturday before the games started and got Paulie, Crede, Mackowiak, and Pods. There were only about 100 people there; it's much easier to get their attention. You'll probably have to wait until the workout is over, though.

bahn1225
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
This weekend back here in Iowa, Ryan Sweeney and several other SOX players will be putting on a kids clinic
and then afterwards they will all talk with fans and sign things as long as anyone is there.

I've never been a big one for autographs, but I do enjoy speaking with the players.
He said at SOXFEST (which I did not attend) people asked him to sign everything from their babies head to their underwear.
That all seem a little goofy to me.
Whatever happened to signing baseballs?