PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile Up North


duke of dorwood
03-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Apparently their Jeff Shaw pursuit has come to an end. They have a very unhappy Julian Tavares. Would you trade gascan for him straight up?

Soxboyrob
03-13-2002, 04:30 PM
Who's gascan again?

KempersRS
03-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Who's gascan again?

Howry.

RedPinStripes
03-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Apparently their Jeff Shaw pursuit has come to an end. They have a very unhappy Julian Tavares. Would you trade gascan for him straight up?

I'm not sure about that. I do like Julian's Kung Fu skills he showed in ST last year though. :)

baggio202
03-13-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Who's gascan again?

after the way howry pitched today i dont think we could the 2nd coming of onan masaoka for him :o:

foulkesfan11
03-13-2002, 06:03 PM
Gascan is the homerun king. Could Julian be much worse?

OfficerKarkovice
03-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Gascan is the homerun king. Could Julian be much worse?

Yes...and he's is a nutcase who I wouldn't want representing my team.

Foulke You
03-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice


Yes...and he's is a nutcase who I wouldn't want representing my team.


Amen to that! Tavarez is a friggin' space cadet. Did anyone catch the interview with him after the crosstown game last year where Valentin did his Shammy impression? My God, I was left wondering what the planet the guy was from. Leave him in Flubbyland where he's not our problem.

bc2k
03-13-2002, 11:28 PM
Tavarez hands down. I'm sure his era is better than these below.

Daver
03-13-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Tavarez hands down. I'm sure his era is better than these below.

Are you going to make me pull out the link again?

bc2k
03-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by daver


Are you going to make me pull out the link again?

I don't know what link you are talking about. Oh, wait. Would it be the idiot one?

bc2k
03-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Tavarez may be fiery, but I like those kind of athletes. Ron Artest was my favorite Bull, I didn't even mind when Aaron Myette punched a wall. Besides daver, I would bet Tavarez has a better era than Howry this year. Should we ask JM to track this on his predictions sig?

Daver
03-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Tavarez may be fiery, but I like those kind of athletes. Ron Artest was my favorite Bull, I didn't even mind when Aaron Myette punched a wall. Besides daver, I would bet Tavarez has a better era than Howry this year. Should we ask JM to track this on his predictions sig?

There is a difference between firey and idiotic,and Tavarez does not want to be in the pen,he wants to be a starter.Unhappy players are seldom productive.

Bmr31
03-14-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by daver


There is a difference between firey and idiotic,and Tavarez does not want to be in the pen,he wants to be a starter.Unhappy players are seldom productive.


ummm im willing to bet almost every setup man in baseball wants to be a starter or a closer. It doesnt mean they are going to pout and suck......geez...

Daver
03-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31



ummm im willing to bet almost every setup man in baseball wants to be a starter or a closer. It doesnt mean they are going to pout and suck......geez...

He was a starter last year,and I said neither,don't try and twist my words.

RichH55
03-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Taveres is one problem we want no part of....besides even on a strictly statistal outlook(with rose colored cubs glasses even) there are better deals out there if you deciede to move Howry

CubKilla
03-14-2002, 11:33 PM
According to the 03/14/02 Sun-Times, Tavarez will probably be the fifth starter.

RichH55
03-15-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
According to the 03/14/02 Sun-Times, Tavarez will probably be the fifth starter.


And if I'm a cubs fan that isn't helping the ulcer