PDA

View Full Version : New Premium Seating club

WS in 05
01-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Was checking some stuff on whitesox.com and stumbled upon the New Premium Seating Club page. Found some cool facts about that I wish I could enjoy. Has anyone been in the stadium lately and seen the construction of this?

Premium Levy Restaurant buffet, inclusive of beer, wine, soda and water, in a private lounge with in-seat wait service
Premium reserved parking
Access to private elevator entrance behind home plate
Open air seating with a ceiling to protect fans from rain
Climate-controlled lounge
Flat-screen televisions throughout the club and seating area
Concierge service
Opportunity to take a pregame, on-field photo
Comfortable, wide seats
Ability to enjoy the Club up to one hour after conclusion of the game
Invitations to private on-field events and member parties
Early admittance into the ballpark for select games to watch White Sox batting practice from the outfield

Those two sound pretty sweet

MUsoxfan
01-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Sounds pretty cool. It looks like they're taking the Scout seat idea to another level

BeefyD
01-30-2007, 01:43 AM
There was a guy on ebay selling a block of these tix. His family has had season tix for 30+ years and were scout seat holders, and were given the opportunity to buy and they did (so the story goes). Problem is, for 4 tickets, it's $1000 per game. $250 a ticket. OUCH.

mrwag
01-30-2007, 10:12 AM
When are they going to do something for the regular Joe's who can barely afford to take a family of 4 to sit in the bleachers?

WizardsofOzzie
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
When are they going to do something for the regular Joe's who can barely afford to take a family of 4 to sit in the bleachers?
They do. It's called half price Monday

Steelrod
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
This is what was previously the pressbox!

Cat Thief
01-30-2007, 10:20 AM

That and there are many other opportunites for cheap tickets. Wait until the TM discount codes start flying around here.

chisoxmike
01-30-2007, 10:35 AM

We should be thankful that Sox tickets are mostly affordable. You should see what tickets are Yankees/Red Sox games cost.

I hear you though, soon, sporting events are going to be too rich for most people to go to.

But you also have to understand that these "premium seating areas" are not for fans. They are for corporations to buy to entertain clients. They don't want average fans in there cheering and getting roudy.

skottyj242
01-30-2007, 11:18 AM
There was a guy on ebay selling a block of these tix. His family has had season tix for 30+ years and were scout seat holders, and were given the opportunity to buy and they did (so the story goes). Problem is, for 4 tickets, it's $1000 per game. $250 a ticket. OUCH.

I would pay 250 for a ticket. All the food and beer you can put down up to an hour after the game? I could do that.

Cat Thief
01-30-2007, 11:35 AM
I would pay 250 for a ticket. All the food and beer you can put down up to an hour after the game? I could do that.

No doubt. I had Scouts once last year and it was well worth the $. I actually contacted that guy who was selling the former press box seats on Ebay but he wanted to sell me 10 games, nothing less.

MUsoxfan
01-30-2007, 11:47 AM
No doubt. I had Scouts once last year and it was well worth the $. I actually contacted that guy who was selling them on Ebay but he wanted to sell me 10 games, nothing less.

10 games at cost or for an inflated price?

chisoxmike
01-30-2007, 11:47 AM

You gotta consider what's included. All you can eat and drink including a game ticket with a amazing view. The press box is/was the best place to watch the game.

Cat Thief
01-30-2007, 11:55 AM
10 games at cost or for an inflated price?

Cost.

4 x $250 for 10 games.:o:

I just wanted two tickets for any two games.

One more thing, when you sit in the scouts you don't eat Patio Party food. It's all top of the line down there. The wife and I quite impressed by the spread. I'm assuming the spread in the new premium area will be even nicer.

MUsoxfan
01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Cost.

One more thing, when you sit in the scouts you don't eat Patio Party food. It's all top of the line down there. The wife and I quite impressed by the spread. I'm assuming the spread in the new premium area will be even nicer.

I usually have the opportunity to sit in the Scouts at least once a year. For a guy to offer up 10 games at cost is pretty generous seeing that you can easily get rid of them through friends and this board.

However, I can see how that might strain the ol' limit on the MasterCard

chisoxmike
01-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Cost.

How long does that bar area stay open after the game?

MUsoxfan
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
How long does that bar area stay open after the game?

The Scout Seat bar remains open until the last pitch in the enclosed area, but the servers will stop bringing you booze after the general stadium last-call.

WizardsofOzzie
01-30-2007, 12:31 PM
We should be thankful that Sox tickets are mostly affordable. You should see what tickets are Yankees/Red Sox games cost.

I hear you though, soon, sporting events are going to be too rich for most people to go to.

But you also have to understand that these "premium seating areas" are not for fans. They are for corporations to buy to entertain clients. They don't want average fans in there cheering and getting roudy.
Anyone got the link that was posted awhile back about how much it would cost to take a family of 4 to each ballpark? I can't find it through the search. As i recall the Sox were one of the better priced teams

MUsoxfan
01-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Anyone got the link that was posted awhile back about how much it would cost to take a family of 4 to each ballpark? I can't find it through the search. As i recall the Sox were one of the better priced teams

This (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/09/11/fvi.summary/) is one of them. It doesn't mention exact costs, but it factors in how much a team's on-field performance effects the fan experience. While being I believe one of the more expensive parks to attend in MLB, it's ranked #8 in "Fan Value"

DSpivack
01-30-2007, 12:56 PM
This (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/09/11/fvi.summary/) is one of them. It doesn't mention exact costs, but it factors in how much a team's on-field performance effects the fan experience. While being I believe one of the more expensive parks to attend in MLB, it's ranked #8 in "Fan Value"

I thought that in the last few years USCF had gotten towards the high side, price-wise. Not Fenway, Yankee or Wrigley, but still in the top ten. Ticket cost alone Turner is a fraction of USCF, but Sox food is cheaper and much better.

ewokpelts
01-30-2007, 01:02 PM

The estimated amount a family of four would spend at a game. The total, based in part on Team Marketing Reports calculations, includes four regular-size hot dogs, four small soft drinks, two small draft beers, parking for one car, two game programs and two adult-size adjustable caps.

I NEVER buy a hat at the park. Way too friggen expensive.
Samll soda is a rip off, might as well get the big one that comes witha souvenier cup.(or sign up for the designated driver program and get free soda).
the difference between a small beer(beer stand) and a large beer(beer man) is 4 ounces and 50 cents....go big
parking's parking....
2 programs? so the kids can destroy them...might as well just get one and and make them share

Vernam
01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
But you also have to understand that these "premium seating areas" are not for fans. They are for corporations to buy to entertain clients. They don't want average fans in there cheering and getting roudy.Don't you mean R.O.W.D.I.E.? That's the way we spell rowdy, er, rowdie. :redneck Sorry, I couldn't resist, Mike.

I stumbled into the Premium Club promo booth at SoxFest, and the girl there was nice as she explained why there's no way in hell I'll ever be able to set foot in there. It requires a FOUR-YEAR commitment that's probably about as much as the cost of my house, which I'm taking 30 years to pay off! As I left, she said, almost apologetically, "Have fun at the park anyway!"

Vernam

dcb56
01-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I thought that in the last few years USCF had gotten towards the high side, price-wise. Not Fenway, Yankee or Wrigley, but still in the top ten. Ticket cost alone Turner is a fraction of USCF, but Sox food is cheaper and much better.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm

According to these numbers the cost of attending a Sox game is on the high side when compared to all 30 teams, the Sox rank 7th most expensive.

WizardsofOzzie
01-30-2007, 01:42 PM

According to these numbers the cost of attending a Sox game is on the high side when compared to all 30 teams, the Sox rank 7th most expensive.
Thats the one i was talking about. I never knew the sox ranked that high. Still compared to Boston, and with Half off Mondays, I'm happy w/ ticket prices at the moment

Steelrod
01-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Surveys like this never make any sense. Wrigley parking a dollar cheaper than us? Where? How many spaces. The few times I've gone there the parking was 30-45 when I could find any! Also the top ticket at
US Cellular includes parking, pregame meal, food during game, deserts, and lots of beer, wine and soda.

mrwag
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I really feel the Sox need another seating section for families only. If they would build the right field "home-run porch", price it low, and even restrict alcohol sales up there... I am so sick of sitting in the cheap seats with my wife and kids, and putting up with drunks cussing and swearing.

Now I am no saint and enjoy a cold beer on occasion, but the half-price nights really turn me off because of the type of "fan" it attracts. In a lot of cases, I have been so disgusted that I've actually wished I had just stayed home and watched the game from my living room. This coming from a DIE-HARD, life long Sox fan.

jenn2080
01-31-2007, 10:35 AM
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I really feel the Sox need another seating section for families only. If they would build the right field "home-run porch", price it low, and even restrict alcohol sales up there... I am so sick of sitting in the cheap seats with my wife and kids, and putting up with drunks cussing and swearing.

Now I am no saint and enjoy a cold beer on occasion, but the half-price nights really turn me off because of the type of "fan" it attracts. In a lot of cases, I have been so disgusted that I've actually wished I had just stayed home and watched the game from my living room. This coming from a DIE-HARD, life long Sox fan.

I have said for the past few years they need a family section at the park. I know quite a few parks do it. I think it would be great for the family and kids.

After the last half price Monday I was in attendence for, which was July 3rd, I pretty much refuse to go again on those days. The people that was behind me who kept dropping F bombs every other word while my brother who was 8 was next to me, was a huge turn off. If that had been my first Sox game I probably would never want to go back.

JoeyCora28
01-31-2007, 10:55 AM

I call half-price nights, "Monday Night at the Fights".

Instead of dealing with the drunks and rowdies, why not pick a couple of Wednesday or Thursday afternoon games during the summer months when the kids are out of school. Works for me and my family! I know it costs me a couple of vacation days at work, but it sure beats dealing with all that other nonsense...

ewokpelts
01-31-2007, 10:55 AM

Now I am no saint and enjoy a cold beer on occasion, but the half-price nights really turn me off because of the type of "fan" it attracts. In a lot of cases, I have been so disgusted that I've actually wished I had just stayed home and watched the game from my living room. This coming from a DIE-HARD, life long Sox fan.hate to say it, but a "home run porch" would be for groups and people that can afford 40-50 a ticket......i have a feeling that the "family" section would just be row 21 of the udr....

oh, and half price mondays are NO LONGER fight nights......you're drawing 35k in advance sales for those dates....

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 10:58 AM
I didn't notice anything particularly different about Monday games last season. I sit upstairs though so maybe that's part of it.

Nothing beats 2004 for total chaos on half-price nights. I was at the first half-price Tuesday game that year and witnessed no less then 12 fights in the outfield. Good grief.

Jerko
01-31-2007, 11:04 AM
I used to enjoy getting drunk and rowdy and I hated those half price Mondays. I think there should be a family section too, for 2 reasons. One, people who bring little kids don't need beer spilled on them while listening to a bunch of drunks screaming the word **** 1000 times an inning, and two, there are some nights where people DO go there to party and "let loose" and don't need to be surrounded by 10000 kids with parents telling them to shut up. It can actually benefit both groups. I don't know if it would ever happen though because how many seats do you put aside for that per game? In the old days you could just get up and relocate, but that's not really an option anymore.

itsnotrequired
01-31-2007, 11:09 AM
I used to enjoy getting drunk and rowdy and I hated those half price Mondays. I think there should be a family section too, for 2 reasons. One, people who bring little kids don't need beer spilled on them while listening to a bunch of drunks screaming the word **** 1000 times an inning, and two, there are some nights where people DO go there to party and "let loose" and don't need to be surrounded by 10000 kids with parents telling them to shut up. It can actually benefit both groups. I don't know if it would ever happen though because how many seats do you put aside for that per game? In the old days you could just get up and relocate, but that's not really an option anymore.

They could just not sell or allow alcohol in those sections and call them "Family Sections". Have a couple more ushers in those sections to watch out for swearing, etc. One section upstairs and one section downstairs. No family "requirements" would be necessary to purchase tickets though.

Law11
01-31-2007, 12:15 PM

I hear ya and I'd be on board with this in a heartbeat..I love getting surrounded by the 21 yr old with his shorts hanging off, his pooka shells, his 1st beer (or so he acts) and his cell phone taking pictures of him and his friends acting like morons all the while dropping an fbombs like it is part of his normal form of communication.

mrwag
01-31-2007, 12:17 PM
There are ways to work this in and they should do this.

What was Brooks' email again? I feel like writing a letter.

cheeses_h_rice
01-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Was checking some stuff on whitesox.com and stumbled upon the New Premium Seating Club page. Found some cool facts about that I wish I could enjoy. Has anyone been in the stadium lately and seen the construction of this?

Premium Levy Restaurant buffet, inclusive of beer, wine, soda and water, in a private lounge with in-seat wait service
Premium reserved parking
Access to private elevator entrance behind home plate
Open air seating with a ceiling to protect fans from rain
Climate-controlled lounge
Flat-screen televisions throughout the club and seating area
Concierge service
Opportunity to take a pregame, on-field photo
Comfortable, wide seats
Ability to enjoy the Club up to one hour after conclusion of the game
Invitations to private on-field events and member parties
Early admittance into the ballpark for select games to watch White Sox batting practice from the outfield

Those two sound pretty sweet

Care to post a link to this on the Sox website? I couldn't find it.

I take it this is happening in 2007, too? If so, where does the press box move to?

ewokpelts
01-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Care to post a link to this on the Sox website? I couldn't find it.

I take it this is happening in 2007, too? If so, where does the press box move to?
along the right field line...in non-used skyboxes

salty99
01-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Here is the link:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/premium_seating.jsp?loc=new_ps_club

bahn1225
01-31-2007, 04:26 PM
In the early 90's the SOX did have a family seating area.
It was section 357 at the very end of the level on the left field side.
There was no smoking or drinking allowed.
You also received a comp. hot dog, pop and also a trinket (keychain?)
Our kids were about twelve (12) at the time so we didn't use it,
but there were some sort of special facilities for those with babies and wee ones.