PDA

View Full Version : Illinois White Sox WS license plate

supertsar
01-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed... but there was talk of the State issuing a special license plate to commemorate the 2005 WS champs. I just heard that the secretary of state has lowered the requirement to only 850 requests to issue the plate. Surely there are 850 who would love to have the plate (I can probably think of 500 myself! Anyone know what the deal is?

MUsoxfan
01-29-2007, 07:43 PM
First I've heard of it

I want Mags back
01-29-2007, 07:44 PM
little late for a World Series plate now

supertsar
01-29-2007, 08:01 PM
My World series license plate frame is deteriorating rapidly.... I need something more permanent. And something more visible to any cub fans driving behind me.....

chisoxmike
01-29-2007, 08:13 PM
little late for a World Series plate now

Yeah, lets worry about 2007 and stop trying to live in the past.

Cat Thief
01-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think it is necessarily going to be a World Series Plate. It appears they may be doing it for all Chicago teams. Pretty cool, but I will have to get rid of my

SS SOX plates.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=3&GA=95&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=294&GAID=3&LegID=624&SpecSess=&Session=

supertsar
01-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Hopefully they won't use the 83' uniforms as part of the design.....

ChicagoHoosier
01-29-2007, 09:25 PM
I've been waiting for this too! I wouldn't mind a WS plate, if it was more focused on the Sox and simply had a small logo to honor their 05 title. But other than that, bring on the new plate!

Daver
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I'll take a plate, as long as they will let me put it on my truck and it does not say B-truck on it.

esbrechtel
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
I actually heard that IL was thinking about getting rid of the special license plates because Jesse White got suied over it....He prevented the pro-life plate from coming to IL even though they had enough support. They took him to court and won. White is worried now that there could be KKK plates or Nazi youth plates, etc....

Soxzilla
01-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I actually heard that IL was thinking about getting rid of the special license plates because Jesse White got suied over it....He prevented the pro-life plate from coming to IL even though they had enough support. They took him to court and won. White is worried now that there could be KKK plates or Nazi youth plates, etc....

Screw it, let them do it.

Then I know who I can cut off and not feel bad about it afterwards.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed... but there was talk of the State issuing a special license plate to commemorate the 2005 WS champs. I just heard that the secretary of state has lowered the requirement to only 850 requests to issue the plate. Surely there are 850 who would love to have the plate (I can probably think of 500 myself! Anyone know what the deal is?

If you are not a regular at Gene & Georgetti's, you will most likely not be among the 850 if this ever does come to fruition.

:gulp:

DumpJerry
01-29-2007, 11:00 PM
The law enforcement community hates the mariad number of plate designs we have. Kinda makes it hard to get an accurate read of a plate number when chasing the Bad Guys.

01-29-2007, 11:12 PM
The law enforcement community hates the mariad number of plate designs we have. Kinda makes it hard to get an accurate read of a plate number when chasing the Bad Guys.

I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference in reading the plate. I do think that it would be easier to identify in the act of a crime for an ordinary person. If they saw a Logo on the plate with some numbers and letters I think it would be easier to narrow down with knowing which logo it was.

Daver
01-29-2007, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference in reading the plate. I do think that it would be easier to identify in the act of a crime for an ordinary person. If they saw a Logo on the plate with some numbers and letters I think it would be easier to narrow down with knowing which logo it was.

A logo plate issued to a truck makes it hard to write a ticket for driving on LSD and on boulevards, because it does not carry a truck designation.

Fenway
01-29-2007, 11:49 PM
A logo plate issued to a truck makes it hard to write a ticket for driving on LSD and on boulevards, because it does not carry a truck designation.

Massachusetts a truck can't get a special plate

The Red Sox plate costs $40; $28 of the purchase price will go directly to the Jimmy Fund to support groundbreaking research and compassionate care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. The remaining $12 is a one-time only cost to cover manufacturing expenses. Renew your plate every two years, at which time, the entire $40 comes to the Jimmy Fund (this is in addition to the standard $41 registration fee due at renewal).

Red Sox/Jimmy Fund License Plate (http://www.jimmyfund.org/abo/red/license.asp)

They have issued over 200,000 plates

ewokpelts
01-30-2007, 12:29 AM
$25 of each plate's registration would go to the schools.

Looks like the bill would include:
Sox
Bulls
Bears
Cubs
Hawks
Rams
Cardinals

ohiosoxfan12
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Could someone ohio still get and use it?? haha

I want Mags back
01-30-2007, 11:54 AM

Sox
Bulls
Bears
Cubs
Hawks
Rams
Cardinals

last I recall, those teams play in Missouri. Obviously their are alot of DownStaters who are fans of those teams, but I still my theri inclusion to be unnesasary

whitem0nkey
01-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Could someone ohio still get and use it?? haha

im not sure.

but, I think you have to have an Illinois license.

Fenway
01-30-2007, 11:58 AM
last I recall, those teams play in Missouri. Obviously their are alot of DownStaters who are fans of those teams, but I still my theri inclusion to be unnesasary

Ever been to Springfield? The Cards are VERY popular there ( don't forget there is a lot of all things Cook County hate downstate )

MUsoxfan
01-30-2007, 12:05 PM

I find their inclusion very necessary. People in southern Illinois can throw a rock and hit Busch Stadium. Why should they only have the option of Cubs and Sox plates when they can't stand the Cubs and Sox?

SBSoxFan
01-30-2007, 12:11 PM

No one should ever be allowed to drive on LSD. :redneck

You can't drive a truck on LSD? :?:

A, H, and J (I'm not even going to attempt to spell their names) never mentioned that!

ewokpelts
01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
last I recall, those teams play in Missouri. Obviously their are alot of DownStaters who are fans of those teams, but I still my theri inclusion to be unnesasarymore money for our schools, so i dont care

Hitmen77
01-30-2007, 04:17 PM

Sox
Bulls
Bears
Cubs
Hawks
Rams
Cardinals

Interestingly, they don't list the St. Louis Blues.

ewokpelts
01-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Interestingly, they don't list the St. Louis Blues.
would you? same goes for the lackhawks

Hitmen77
02-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I find their inclusion very necessary. People in southern Illinois can throw a rock and hit Busch Stadium. Why should they only have the option of Cubs and Sox plates when they can't stand the Cubs and Sox?

What is the football fan base like in downstate IL? Is it split between the Bears and Rams? I know the Rams haven't been in St. Louis for long, but I figured that they pretty much picked up all the old NFL Cardinals fans. Plus, having them win the Super Bowl and making it to another since moving to St. Louis must have helped build a Rams following down there.

MUsoxfan
02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
What is the football fan base like in downstate IL? Is it split between the Bears and Rams? I know the Rams haven't been in St. Louis for long, but I figured that they pretty much picked up all the old NFL Cardinals fans. Plus, having them win the Super Bowl and making it to another since moving to St. Louis must have helped build a Rams following down there.

It's probably Bears up towards Bloomington/Peoria.....Rams down towards East St Louis and Carbondale....with some Colts mixed in on the east end of the state.

MiamiSpartan
02-01-2007, 03:24 PM

The state of NY has the Giants and Jets on their tags, and last time I checked, they played in New Jersey. I
say, keep the st louis teams on the Illinois tags. NY also at one time had all NHL teams available, but stopped it when other team cars were vadalized....gotta love NY!

MiamiSpartan
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I had e-mailed the Sec of State's office after the 05 WS, and was basically told it wasn't going to happen.
I don't get it, when states like Florida raise a lot of rev from the pro sports tags...

35th&Shields
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't think it is necessarily going to be a World Series Plate. It appears they may be doing it for all Chicago teams. Pretty cool, but I will have to get rid of my

SS SOX plates.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=3&GA=95&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=294&GAID=3&LegID=624&SpecSess=&Session=

The governor signed that bill in July of 2003, according to the state's website. Considering that I haven't seen one of these plates, it must have gotten caught up somewhere along the way. Trade Mark/Copyright issues perhaps?

mealfred13
02-05-2007, 04:22 PM

According to the bill, the plates are only applicable to vehicles under 8,000 pounds. I think that counts out most non-light trucks.