PDA

View Full Version : Keith Law's top 25 Specs and Top Systems

Domeshot17
01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Not a Big Shocker. Biggest for me, Chris Young is his number 3. We got Fields and Danks on there which is cool. Not sure how a team with 2 of his top 25 specs ended up so low on his top systems.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=law_keith#20070129

caulfield12
01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Were we around 18th-20th?

That's what I would guess. Could you at least "spill" that much, because most of us don't have "insider passes" to read the content, so it's pretty pointless to link it.

Man Soo Lee
01-29-2007, 07:38 PM
He has the Sox 16th in the organizational rankings. Says the Garcia and McCarthy trades helped restock a depleted system and that Fields and Sweeney are ready to play in the majors if needed.

champagne030
01-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Were we around 18th-20th?

That's what I would guess. Could you at least "spill" that much, because most of us don't have "insider passes" to read the content, so it's pretty pointless to link it.

Qualifiers are: past rookie ball, no Japenese players, rookie eligible, tools and performance count.

17. Josh Fields, 3B, White Sox
Offensively, there's not much of a drop-off (if any) from Joe Crede to Fields right now. For a player with limited baseball experience coming out of school, Fields has advanced very quickly and shown better strike-zone command than you typically see in multisport guys. I think there's quite a bit of growth left here, given his background.

24. John Danks, LHP, White Sox
Has some fastball command issues to work out, but he's very close to the majors, more so than any of the pitchers on the honorable-mention list below.

16. Chi. White Sox: The Brandon McCarthy and Freddy Garcia trades helped to restock a system depleted by deals for veterans. Ryan Sweeney and Josh Fields are both ready to step into major-league roles if needed.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=law_keith&univLogin02=stateChanged