PDA

View Full Version : What was the Best/Favoirte thing you got from Soxfest?

crazyozzie02
01-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Just wondering what everyone picked up. I picked up a 2006 Opening day bunting for $20 from the gargage sale. I also scored about $75 worth of stuff from one of the White Sox Mystery Bags from White Sox Charaties. And a got the 2006 team poster that i needed to keep my collection going from the Pencil Pull. Does anyone know who won the Thome autographed photo from the pencil pull?

Colin

operga1
01-29-2007, 03:02 AM
I just went Sunday. I also got a great grab bag (mine had a signed AJ ball in it!). :smile:

I bought something really weird at the Garage Sale: a big rolling team suitcase. I bought it for $50 to actually use travelling because it was top quality though pretty used. When I looked in the pockets I found some of Greg Walker's papers. Right afterwards I got him to sign the suitcase at the autograph session with Ozzie. This may have been a bad move because now I don't know whether I'll use it or not.:?:

I was lucky enough to catch Mackowiak's 3rd homer last season, and got him to sign it. He also wrote "Nice Catch" and the date "7/26/06". This was a big deal for me. You can go to games a lifetime and never catch a homer from anybody, much less Our Side.:D:

Other good sigs I got: Ventura, Orta, Lemon, & Kravec. It was bizarre how few people there were at the Orta, Lemon, & Kravec session.
Anyway, all in all a fantastic day! :cheers:

SouthSide_HitMen
01-29-2007, 03:45 AM
I scored a Jameson tee shirt. :cool:

:gulp:

Jaffar
01-29-2007, 09:12 AM
I got the Bunting from opening day as well. I also got a replica uncut sheet of the playoff tickets from 05 for $20 (made me happy since I passed at the real thing last year) and a Signed Kittle 83 AL ROY ball from the garage sale. I didn't get anything really exciting out of my grab bag and Hal can vouch for me that my pencil pulling skills definately need some work. I am happy I met Ventura and got my pitchers mound signed by our big four.

skottyj242
01-29-2007, 09:21 AM
On Friday I was about ten people away from having Paulie sign a picture when out of nowhere Jim Thome appeared and sat down and started singning stuff. I luckily had a ball in my bag so I got to have him sign that and shake his hand. Highlight of a long weekend for me. And talking to Brian Anderson about tattoos.

soxfan13
01-29-2007, 10:08 AM
On Friday I was about ten people away from having Paulie sign a picture when out of nowhere Jim Thome appeared and sat down and started singning stuff. I luckily had a ball in my bag so I got to have him sign that and shake his hand. Highlight of a long weekend for me. And talking to Brian Anderson about tattoos.

Yeah cuz your huge into body art:smile:

CPditka
01-29-2007, 10:45 AM

Thats funny, the same thing happened to me.....

Definetly the highlight. I had never been so giddy as when Thome sat down unexpectedly. Thanks again for that ball.

skottyj242
01-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Thats funny, the same thing happened to me.....

Definetly the highlight. I had never been so giddy as when Thome sat down unexpectedly. Thanks again for that ball.

Anytime.

rocky biddle
01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I went Friday night and had a good time. I didn't really pick up much but my niece had some great luck. At the opening ceremony we were standing right under Hawk and he threw her a signed t-shirt. Later on we did a few pencil pulls and she won a 1983 hat signed by Ozzie and a pennant signed by Carlos Lee. After the pencil pull, Reinsdorf walked in so my wife got a picture of him with my niece. She couldn't stop talking about what a great time she had.

cheeses_h_rice
01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
The lamb shank from Russian Tea Time.

:gulp:

RLipp
01-29-2007, 12:49 PM
WE checked in at the hotel around 1 pm went to room to throw our jackets and luggage in there went to elevator got off on the 4th floor and was headed to the garage sale was 20th in line headed right to the caps and picked up a Rowand game used hat for $15 bucks the hat was WELL USED! you can't even buy a new 1 for that the guy in charge did verify that it was 05 season and the best part i did finish off my 16x20 picture of the final out celabration that was my Quest for the weekend !it took a year a alot of hard work but is DONE!!!Now it is going to get PSA autheticated then matted and framed!:)

skottyj242
01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
WE checked in at the hotel around 1 pm went to room to throw our jackets and luggage in there went to elevator got off on the 4th floor and was headed to the garage sale was 20th in line headed right to the caps and picked up a Rowand game used hat for $15 bucks the hat was WELL USED! you can't even buy a new 1 for that the guy in charge did verify that it was 05 season and the best part i did finish off my 16x20 picture of the final out celabration that was my Quest for the weekend !it took a year a alot of hard work but is DONE!!!Now it is going to get PSA autheticated then matted and framed!:)

There are other punctuations than the exclamation point.

soxfan13
01-29-2007, 01:29 PM
There are other punctuations than the exclamation point.

When did you become Dr. Grammar :tongue:

skottyj242
01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
When did you become Dr. Grammar :tongue:

When I got a headache reading that post.

ChiSoxGirl
01-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Getting to see my favorite baseball player ever up close & in person again. Even after Robin left the Sox, I followed his career. And while I wasn't fortunate enough to get his autograph this weekend, I was able to get 5th row seats at "The Science of Hitting" seminar. The standing ovation he got when he came into the seminar room was awesome; that right there was it for me. :smile:

skottyj242
01-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I didn't see Henry, that was pretty cool. :D:

jenn2080
01-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Quite a few of the 05 team sign my Sox Win skyline picture. Too bad Ozzie had to **** it up and sign in blue.

WizardsofOzzie
01-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Quite a few of the 05 team sign my Sox Win skyline picture. Too bad Ozzie had to **** it up and sign in blue.
Aww Jenn, so nice of you to get me a birthday present early :D:

Domeshot17
01-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Probably adding 8 sigs to my opening ceremonies picture. Funny moment, got in my elevator, and this old man asked me to help him to his floor. He had the special key card to get to the 23rd floor and it wouldnt work. After getting some help from the hotel we got him up to his room. He was very flustered. It dawned on me about 10 minutes into helping him, this was MOOSE. Was cool to be able to help him out.

ChiSoxGirl
01-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Funny moment, got in my elevator, and this old man asked me to help him to his floor. He had the special key card to get to the 23rd floor and it wouldnt work. After getting some help from the hotel we got him up to his room. He was very flustered. It dawned on me about 10 minutes into helping him, this was MOOSE. Was cool to be able to help him out.

Was this some time around 6p on Friday by chance? You must've been in the elevator right after me because I got out of a very packed elevator in the lobby with Moose on board, complaining about using his card key. A bunch of tried to help him, but couldn't figure it out, either.

Domeshot17
01-29-2007, 04:19 PM
This was saturday. He said friday he had to wait for someone he was stayin next to him to let him up. I really didnt do much. Got a rep from the hotel to reactivate his card. I felt bad for him. He reminded me of my grandpa, really a nice man. He even asked if he could give me something for my help, but I wouldnt take anything from him (and after making him stand and walk as much as we had too, I wasnt about to ask him to sign anything)

ChiSoxGirl
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Getting to see my favorite baseball player ever up close & in person again. Even after Robin left the Sox, I followed his career. And while I wasn't fortunate enough to get his autograph this weekend, I was able to get 5th row seats at "The Science of Hitting" seminar. The standing ovation he got when he came into the seminar room was awesome; that right there was it for me. :smile:

I have to add something to my answer, which I totally forgot even happened (I have no idea how I forgot about something this cool, either).

One of the best things I got from SoxFest was getting to try on Brooks Boyer's World Series ring and having my picture taken with it!!!! :bandance: A bunch of us were hanging out in the lobby on Saturday night when someone in our group started talking to Brooks, so he came over and had a beer with us. Someone asked Brooks "what that thing feels like" on his hand, so Brooks took it off and said to the guy, "Here, try it on!" I asked Brooks if I could try it on next, and he said I absolutely could. It's so heavy and I definitely knew it was on my hand at first, but once I had it on for a couple minutes, I got used to it. Getting to wear Brooks's ring was definitely one of the coolest things that happened to me at SoxFest. :cool:

DumpJerry
01-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I have to add something to my answer, which I totally forgot even happened (I have no idea how I forgot about something this cool, either).

One of the best things I got from SoxFest was getting to try on Brooks Boyer's World Series ring and having my picture taken with it!!!! :bandance: A bunch of us were hanging out in the lobby on Saturday night when someone in our group started talking to Brooks, so he came over and had a beer with us. Someone asked Brooks "what that thing feels like" on his hand, so Brooks took it off and said to the guy, "Here, try it on!" I asked Brooks if I could try it on next, and he said I absolutely could. It's so heavy and I definitely knew it was on my hand at first, but once I had it on for a couple minutes, I got used to it. Getting to wear Brooks's ring was definitely one of the coolest things that happened to me at SoxFest. :cool:
When I saw it on your finger, I asked Brooks if he had proposed to you.......

Discinfool23
01-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Well, I actually felt like I had a great Soxfest in all with lots of Greats items brought home. However, I would have to say that my 2 favorites were my Buehrle autographed Wheaties Box, and my signed 8x10 Ozzie picture from the early 90's. I actually won the Ozzie picture in the pencil pull! When we walked over to the pencil pull I asked my wife if she wanted to try. When she said yes we figured that we would get $5 worth and try our luck. Seeing that I usually have better luck we agreed that I would pull 3 and she would pull 2.

She pulled her 2 and was very excited that they were both colors (1 Green and 1 black) and therefore good prizes. She was excited to get some lotion from Bath and Body Works, while I liked the Inaugural Sox vs. Cubs interleague Series pin that she won. The first 2 pencils that I pulled were both blanks, but the last one came up silver. I was excited to learn that this meant I got the big prize. Since they did not have a camera available, they asked that I come back in an hour to get my prize. When I came back they took my picture with my prize and informed me that I would be in the newsletter, which is also very cool. Speaking of, does anyone know how I can get signed up to start receiving this newsletter? Any help would be apprecited. Thanks!

crazyozzie02
01-30-2007, 11:59 AM

The same kind of thing happened to me. I was in line for Javy's autograph and i get up to the table and the guy next to him has it on. I was like holy crap and i asked if i could see it. He let me see it and try it on. That was one of the coolest feelings that i have ever had.:D:

Iwritecode
01-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Speaking of, does anyone know how I can get signed up to start receiving this newsletter? Any help would be apprecited. Thanks!

Talk to this guy. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=311)

rookieroy
01-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I bought the 1959 American League Champions flag that flew over Comiskey Park! I can't imagine there were that many made and when I asked, I was told just a few. I was in the garage sale early as well. They had the other years up on the wall with one sitting off to the side. I asked about it, took a looksy and bought it immediately. The ends are a little frayed, but, for $250.00...I thought it to be a bargin especially when my wife gave the o.k.! :smile:

I also bought an Ozzie game used hat, BA and Ross Gload game used bats.

skobabe8
01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I bought the 1959 American League Champions flag that flew over Comiskey Park! I can't imagine there were that many made and when I asked, I was told just a few. I was in the garage sale early as well. They had the other years up on the wall with one sitting off to the side. I asked about it, took a looksy and bought it immediately. The ends are a little frayed, but, for $250.00...I thought it to be a bargin especially when my wife gave the o.k.! :smile:

I also bought an Ozzie game used hat, BA and Ross Gload game used bats.

I had my eyes glued on those flags on Sunday. All they had left were the 1901 AL Champs and 2000 Div. Champs, $200 each. I passed to buy an AJ jersey. It was either one or the other for me and I chose the jersey. But I sure do wish I had that flag in my apartment!

MrRoboto83
01-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I had my eyes glued on those flags on Sunday. All they had left were the 1901 AL Champs and 2000 Div. Champs, $200 each. I passed to buy an AJ jersey. It was either one or the other for me and I chose the jersey. But I sure do wish I had that flag in my apartment!

That would be the perfect decor, it would bring the whole decorating scheme together. Or perhaps it would make a nice carpet.

skobabe8
01-30-2007, 10:54 PM
That would be the perfect decor, it would bring the whole decorating scheme together. Or perhaps it would make a nice carpet.

Woulda looked good as a car cover, too. Maybe for a Mustang? :cool:

crazyozzie02
01-31-2007, 12:06 AM

i was going to buy one of them but didnt have enough money ($25 short) Ill try to see if there is any left during the summer garage sale

ChiSoxGirl
01-31-2007, 02:01 PM
The same kind of thing happened to me. I was in line for Javy's autograph and i get up to the table and the guy next to him has it on. I was like holy crap and i asked if i could see it. He let me see it and try it on. That was one of the coolest feelings that i have ever had.:D:

There's one thing I have to say about the people in the organization who received rings- they've been extremely accommodating to the fans who've I've heard about who've asked to see or try on their World Series rings. :thumbsup: to Brooks for allowing me to wear his World Series ring for a couple minutes on Saturday!

I saw Julie Taylor on the concourse at a game last spring, shortly after the rings had been given out, and she was very cordial and nice when I asked to see her ring up close. When I was in Pittsburgh last summer, Hawk was behind me in line to check out at the hotel and he let me take a picture of his ring.