PDA

View Full Version : shame on the Red Sox

Fenway
01-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I have to agree with this Boston blog entry about the way the Red Sox handled the firing of radio announcer Jerry Trupiano.

Trupiano can't find another job (http://2007redsox.blogspot.com/2007/01/trupiano-cant-find-another-job.html)

This guy is too good to be forced to sit out the 2007 season. There are too many bad announcers currently on the air with MLB teams ( you can start with the White Sox)

I really despise what the Red Sox have become.

IndianWhiteSox
01-28-2007, 02:54 AM
If he's as good as you say he is then:
:slowswing :hawk

(This guy) HE GONE!

By the way Fenway nice sig

Grzegorz
01-28-2007, 05:01 AM
I have to agree with this Boston blog entry about the way the Red Sox handled the firing of radio announcer Jerry Trupiano.

Trupiano can't find another job (http://2007redsox.blogspot.com/2007/01/trupiano-cant-find-another-job.html)

This guy is too good to be forced to sit out the 2007 season. There are too many bad announcers currently on the air with MLB teams ( you can start with the White Sox)

I really despise what the Red Sox have become.

Fenway, I used to love the Red Sox as a kid; Yaz, Petrocelli, Rice, Lynn, Evans, Cooper, Burleson, & McAuliffe (ole' Tiger) you name it.

You'd know better than me but it seems to me as if over time the players they've picked up have seemed to break from the image these guys portrayed.

(I used love watching the Cubs of the late 70s for the same reason; I loved some of those guys and truly valued the broadcasting of WGN.)

I don't know, maybe it's today's player but maybe it's my general cynicism.

The Racehorse
01-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Fenway, I used to love the Red Sox as a kid; Yaz, Petrocelli, Rice, Lynn, Evans, Cooper, Burleson, & McAuliffe (ole' Tiger) you name it.

You'd know better than me but it seems to me as if over time the players they've picked up have seemed to break from the image these guys portrayed.

I know that the spirit of your post was you name it, [meaning etcetera]... but I can't help but add Bill Lee, Luis Tiant, Rick Wise, George Scott, Butch Hobson, Carlton Fisk...

... in team temperament, the 70s Red Sox is a far cry from the 21st-century Red Sox.