PDA

View Full Version : Fields on ESPN's website!!!

Jurr
01-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Apparently Gammons did an article covering the "intrepid" reshuffling of the 2005 Champs. I'm not an Insider (oh, darn), so I haven't read it. However, it was funny to see Josh Fields swinging a bat on the MLB page of ESPN.com

Cue the link:
http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/mlb/index

champagne030
01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Apparently Gammons did an article covering the "intrepid" reshuffling of the 2005 Champs. I'm not an Insider (oh, darn), so I haven't read it. However, it was funny to see Josh Fields swinging a bat on the MLB page of ESPN.com

Cue the link:
http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/mlb/index

I had to stop reading the story because it's so full of incorrect facts. The premise is fine, but at least get your **** straight, Theo...I mean Boston, er Gammons.

Kenny has taken a lot of risks, but he's combined the present and the future and pretty much insured that they will not go over the cliff after 2008." Indeed, at the end of that season, the White Sox could lose Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Javier Vazquez, Jim Thome, Jermain Dye and Joe Crede.

MB and Dye are FA's after 2007.

So now Massett, Aardsma, MacDougal, Sisco, et al will get opportunities to fit in and form a deep power pen in front of Thornton and Jenks. Then, if indeed Floyd does make it, the White Sox can develop Danks, Gonzalez and knuckleballer Charlie Haeger along with Lance Broadway and Tyler Lumsden in Triple-A.

Sorry, Theo, but Lumsden went in the MacDougal trade.

This doesn't even include his opinion that Ozzie "has such an instictive feel" for pitching". Huh? I guess by instictive he means the lefty/rightly matchup.

ilsox7
01-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Very good article.

EDIT: Yes, there are fact mistakes. But the premise of the article is very good.

ChiTownTrojan
01-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I had to stop reading the story because it's so full of incorrect facts. The premise is fine, but at least get your **** straight, Theo...I mean Boston, er Gammons.

MB and Dye are FA's after 2007.

Sorry, Theo, but Lumsden went in the MacDougal trade.

This doesn't even include his opinion that Ozzie "has such an instictive feel" for pitching". Huh? I guess by instictive he means the lefty/rightly matchup.
No need to rip Gamons just for being Gamons. Those were honest mistakes. It's a lot easier for you or me to keep track of the Sox's contract and minor league situations than it is for someone like Gamons who's got to keep track of that info for 30 teams. All in all, a pretty good article, but doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

IndianWhiteSox
01-27-2007, 02:43 PM
No need to rip Gamons just for being Gamons. Those were honest mistakes. It's a lot easier for you or me to keep track of the Sox's contract and minor league situations than it is for someone like Gamons who's got to keep track of that info for 30 teams. All in all, a pretty good article, but doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Keep track for 30 TEAMS!?! He only keeps track of about 3 or 4(Blow Sawx, Yankmee$, etc)

Why is this such a big deal that he is on the page of the ESPN website.

ilsox7
01-27-2007, 02:44 PM
All in all, a pretty good article, but doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

But it does tell the general public a lot of things they probably did not know. Compared to much of the **** being spewed by the media this winter, this article did a very nice job of explaining the strategy and direction of KW and the White Sox.

champagne030
01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
But it does tell the general public a lot of things they probably did not know. Compared to much of the **** being spewed by the media this winter, this article did a very nice job of explaining the strategy and direction of KW and the White Sox.

That is does.

Save McCuddy's
01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I love the article. While it misses a few dates and particulars on expiring contracts, it hits some points that are extremely pertinent to me:

1) the youth and overall talent in the AL Central is tops in the majors. As of last August when we began to tire it was evident to many that the task was two-fold: win, and do something to keep from joining the Royals in the cellar for the next few years. I was glad to see the national perspective acknowledging our predicament.

2) Fields as part of the picture in left field this year. I'd love to see him make the team as the 4th outfielder. Offensively his upside is greater than that of our outfield prospects and it would be great to have an alternative to simply choosing he or Crede and losing the other when that decision arrives.

Pretty insightful look at our club when you consider that the national press didn't have much of a handle on our roster as late as game 2 of the '05 WS.