PDA

View Full Version : Bob Brenly shot at DJ

BV2005
01-26-2007, 10:30 PM
I was watching Comcast Sports Net and they reported that Bob Brenly's house got broken into and they stole some emmy award he recieved for being a Cubs broadcaster. When asked about it he said it was probably Darrin Jackson that stole my emmy b/c he wanted one of his own.

I couldn't find this article on the internet anywhere. It really angers me when people take cheap shots like this at the White Sox broadcasters.

crazyozzie02
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
that guys an ass that is still pissed that he gets to broadcast instead of manage becasue no one wants him. he and his counterpart are never going to be as good as dj and hawk. He just an cubune tool and an idiot

RadioheadRocks
01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
My guess is that Brenly's comment (if it appeared in print form) would have been in teal, so IMHO this is really no biggie.

JermaineDye05
01-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Brenly was just saying it as a joke I don't think he was trying to be a jerk or anything.

HotelWhiteSox
01-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah sounds like a joke

IndianWhiteSox
01-27-2007, 12:55 AM
I was watching Comcast Sports Net and they reported that Bob Brenly's house got broken into and they stole some emmy award he recieved for being a Cubs broadcaster. When asked about it he said it was probably Darrin Jackson that stole my emmy b/c he wanted one of his own.

I couldn't find this article on the internet anywhere. It really angers me when people take cheap shots like this at the White Sox broadcasters.

I know its supposed to be a joke but that might look like he's trying to ruin DJ's name.
:(:

QCIASOXFAN
01-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I know its supposed to be a joke but that might look like he's trying to ruin DJ's name.
:DJ
"Nobody can ruin my name partner."

SouthSide_HitMen
01-27-2007, 01:02 AM
What's the Score is a very scary place to enter.

ILuvThatDuck
01-27-2007, 02:28 AM
"Hey, I can ruin my name all by myself"

IndianWhiteSox
01-27-2007, 04:37 AM
"Hey, I can ruin my name all by myself"

:bashbro

"So can I, and then ruin everyone else's name as well even if its the truth."
*Looking to Frank Thomas*

:hurt

"Hey I was at home while you were juicing yourself Jose! You never showed me anything!"

:XL

"The only juice I used is injected in my hamburgers!"

spongyfungy
01-27-2007, 10:52 AM
it's just a joke. geez. DJ just happens to be the city's other baseball team's tv analyst. if he had said bert blyleven or rick mannign most of chicago would have thought, 'who?'

santo=dorf
01-27-2007, 10:57 AM
My guess is that Brenly's comment (if it appeared in print form) would have been in teal, so IMHO this is really no biggie.
Just wait until Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition show up and demand for Brenly to be fired for his racist remarks. :rolleyes:

munchman33
01-27-2007, 11:04 AM
They're probably friends. Probably already called DJ with the same joke.

oeo
01-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I can't believe a couple of you are seriously angry over a sarcastic remark. It wasn't funny, but it was obviously intended as a joke.

Standing Ovation
01-27-2007, 04:32 PM
I just hope it doesn't turn into a Lou Pinella/Steve Lyons incident.

fusillirob1983
01-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Sounds like Brenly was joking to me.

areilly
01-27-2007, 06:20 PM

First of all, there's no such thing as a cheap shot at the Sox broadcasters.

Second of all, that's a pretty funny joke.

And here's the story (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/0126sr-brenly26-ON-CP.html) for anyone who cares.

RadioheadRocks
01-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Actually it would be even funnier if someone tried to steal Susan Lucci's Emmy. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

MincHiaPettito
01-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Actually it would be even funnier is someone tried to steal Susan Lucci\\\'s Emmy. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/ http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/ http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/ http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/ http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/ http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/

or virginity

tony1972
01-27-2007, 10:33 PM
or virginity
:rolleyes: Careful..I noticed your new to this board so you might want to re-read the rules...:smile:

monkeypants
01-28-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope DJ ducked.

tick53
01-28-2007, 10:58 AM
It's a joke, just like DJ's broadcasting skills. I'll probably get flack from this, but Darrin Jackson who seems like a nice enough guy, couldn't analyze a game of game of tic tac toe. Sorry!

PatK
01-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Wait a sec, Brenly has an Emmy?

Please tell me it's a local Emmy.

kittle42
01-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I can't believe a couple of you are seriously angry over a sarcastic remark. It wasn't funny, but it was obviously intended as a joke.

It could have something to do with a percentage of people on this board being insane.

IndianWhiteSox
01-29-2007, 09:46 AM
It's a joke, just like DJ's broadcasting skills. I'll probably get flack from this, but Darrin Jackson who seems like a nice enough guy, couldn't analyze a game of game of tic tac toe. Sorry!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

AuroraSoxFan
01-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I was more surprised at the fact that he had an Emmy than anything else. Hope they nail whoever did it. He must have had his WS ring locked up in a safe or in a deposit box or something. Glad the scumbag(s) didn't get off with that. I don't like the guy as an announcer but unlike his stupid Emmy that someone at the trib co probably rigged for him he earned his WS ring fair and square.

UserNameBlank
01-29-2007, 10:33 AM

He's not so bad on the rare occaisions when he's doing color with an actual PBP man.

DJ is in a spot where it is really hard for him to succeed as Hawk pretty much calls every play and does most of the analyzing. Plus, Hawk is a fan favorite and organizational mouthpiece, so he can not be openly criticized or even frequently disagreed with without ****ing people off. And on top of that, Hawk breaks into story about players DJ grew up watching at least once per inning. Oh, and also just about every bit of emotion that comes from the broadcast booth has to come from Hawk's mouth. DJ, in all fairness, never had much of a chance.

tick53
01-29-2007, 11:47 AM
He's not so bad on the rare occaisions when he's doing color with an actual PBP man.

DJ is in a spot where it is really hard for him to succeed as Hawk pretty much calls every play and does most of the analyzing. Plus, Hawk is a fan favorite and organizational mouthpiece, so he can not be openly criticized or even frequently disagreed with without ****ing people off. And on top of that, Hawk breaks into story about players DJ grew up watching at least once per inning. Oh, and also just about every bit of emotion that comes from the broadcast booth has to come from Hawk's mouth. DJ, in all fairness, never had much of a chance.

I agree with you there. When DJ does the Fox Saturday games with Levin or whoever shares the booth with him, he actually does a pretty good job. I should have mentioned this earlier in my first reply.

The Dude
01-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Yeah sarcasm among fellow broadcasters really angers me too!:rolleyes:

hi im skot
01-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Umm...this is an obvious joke.

Lighten up.

Domeshot17
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Yup, clearly a joke.

BUT WAIT A MINUTE, CUBS AND SOX ANNOUNCERS MUST HATE EACH OTHER. THIS IS JUST THE CUBS WAY OF TRYING TO STEAL DJ FROM US

downstairs
01-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree with you there. When DJ does the Fox Saturday games with Levin or whoever shares the booth with him, he actually does a pretty good job. I should have mentioned this earlier in my first reply.

Yep. I have no idea why the guy stays with Hawk.

JermaineDye05
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Bob Brenly's house got broken into and they stole some emmy award he recieved for being a Cubs broadcaster. When asked about it he said it was probably Darrin Jackson that stole my emmy b/c he wanted one of his own.

"uh-oh!"

FarWestChicago
01-29-2007, 05:32 PM
It could have something to do with a percentage of people on this board being insane.That percentage seems to creep ever higher. :o:

HotelWhiteSox
01-29-2007, 09:55 PM
I am kind of surprised Hawk has stayed and gets his way with everything. It's obvious he's the yes man type (to JR) who is reluctant to criticize (actually has been better at this lately) after he got canned, while when I hear JR do any interview, he's very realistic and has no problem being more blunt about the team.

tony1972
01-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I just can't listen to Hawk. I cannot figure it out. He's a nice guy, he has a good personality, etc.

But there is something about him that makes me want to cringe when I listen to him. He is too corny.

I just don't think he suits Chicago. I feel he should be broadcasting a rodeo in Texas or something..or emceeing a Nashville B.B.Q.

I wish the Sox would get someone a little more modern..I think it would help with the younger fans like Harry Carey did in the 70's.

Murphy10
02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Even if it was a joke i still don't like Bob Brenly...