PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rowand to be traded?

Rockabilly
01-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Buster Olney reports on his blog that the Phillies might trade Aaron to SD for bullpen help

Also got the story from mlbtraderumors.com

QCIASOXFAN
01-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Buster Olney reports on his blog that the Phillies might trade Aaron to WHITESOX for bullpen help

Also got the story from mlbtraderumors.com
Fixed it for you.:smile:

MUsoxfan
01-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, a new WSI record was set. There was about 6 weeks there without an Aaron Rowand thread until this one.

FedEx227
01-26-2007, 07:32 PM
To be fair it had little or nothing to do with the White Sox. It was just merely mentioning Rowand.

DumpJerry
01-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Well, a new WSI record was set. There was about 6 weeks there without an Aaron Rowand thread until this one.
................and what a nice relaxing 6 weeks it was!

I want Mags back
01-26-2007, 09:05 PM
if only we had bullpen help to give

chisoxmike
01-26-2007, 09:18 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/lawrence79/nooooo.jpg

DumpJerry
01-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Could someone call Mike and find out his opinion on this matter?

crazyozzie02
01-26-2007, 11:39 PM
just wait until we start hearing about how were gonna trade erstad for rowand. i dont want to beileve it but it will happen sooner or later

DumpJerry
01-26-2007, 11:42 PM
just wait until we start hearing about how were gonna trade erstad for rowand. i dont want to beileve it but it will happen sooner or later
That can't happen until June.

JorgeFabregas
01-27-2007, 12:04 AM
A healthy Darin Erstad = a healthy Aaron Rowand. Other than age, they are more or less the same player. No reason for Rowand now. Like Erstad, Rowand will have to prove that he is totally healthy.

oeo
01-27-2007, 12:21 AM

I guess that makes it 6 weeks since someone bitched about Rowand too, huh? Now that was nice.

I can't wait until people stop their bitching when there's a thread about Rowand. I mean, this has nothing to do with the White Sox, yet just because it's about Rowand it is somehow different than any other guy.

EMachine10
01-27-2007, 01:19 AM
ugh. let's move on. he's gone. why don't we bring back geoff blum while we're at it. trades happen.

IndianWhiteSox
01-27-2007, 02:00 AM
In his time here he was a grinder, and a good CF and an OK bat in the line-up, but now he's gone and Anderson will have a great year.

:rowand

He's gone time to move on!

IndianWhiteSox
01-27-2007, 10:11 AM
ugh. let's move on. he's gone. why don't we bring back geoff blum while we're at it. trades happen.

He could still back up 3rd base when needed and don't forget Timo, the solution to CF!

Rockabilly
01-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I think Rowand was one of the most over rated players in Sox history

soxfan13
01-27-2007, 11:04 AM

Here here:redneck

ILuvThatDuck
01-27-2007, 11:15 AM
I wouldnt go that far but I do think he was average at best. It is time to get over the Rowand Man-Love

IndianWhiteSox
01-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I wouldnt go that far but I do think he was average at best. It is time to get over the Rowand Man-Love

Hell yeah! Some of the posters I'd be reading treated the Thome and Rowand trade like they traded Willie Mays for a bag of peanuts.
:smile:

esbrechtel
01-27-2007, 03:27 PM

I think people would consider packaging Dye, Konerko, and Thome to get him back...i can see it now, Erstad can play right and first....

oeo
01-27-2007, 03:36 PM

It is also time to get over crapping your pants because a thread has Aaron Rowand's name in it. Again, this thread had nothing to do with the Sox. You people are creating the 'Rowand Man-Love'; it's been nonexistent for awhile.

A post about Rowand is no different than any other thread about a player not on the Sox...again the "man love" was existent for awhile, but it's not anymore, it is now created by people that hate the guy.

Madvora
01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
WSI has been a complete mess ever since Rowand left. Why does this subject seem to create so much hate?

I understand that the guy was a fan favorite. Some would like him back and some are fine that he's gone, but come on... People shouldn't be attacked when they show a little love for a guy on our championship team. There was a time when people were calling for KW to get him back... so what?

Yes, he's not the greatest player in the world. Personally I liked the guy, but I don't mind that he's gone. Let's take it easy here people. There's too much desire to jump on anyone's back whenever Rowand is mentioned. He was a huge part of White Sox history. Relax people.

skobabe8
01-27-2007, 04:09 PM
WSI has been a complete mess ever since Rowand left. Why does this subject seem to create so much hate?

I understand that the guy was a fan favorite. Some would like him back and some are fine that he's gone, but come on... People shouldn't be attacked when they show a little love for a guy on our championship team. There was a time when people were calling for KW to get him back... so what?

Yes, he's not the greatest player in the world. Personally I liked the guy, but I don't mind that he's gone. Let's take it easy here people. There's too much desire to jump on anyone's back whenever Rowand is mentioned. He was a huge part of White Sox history. Relax people.

Well said.

Dibbs
01-28-2007, 02:07 AM
I don't see why people freak out about Rowand threads either. He was a fan favorite and some would like to see him back. I could care less either way, but it's not like guys never play for the same team twice.

oeo
01-28-2007, 02:39 AM
I don't see why people freak out about Rowand threads either. He was a fan favorite and some would like to see him back. I could care less either way, but it's not like guys never play for the same team twice.

It's the "cool" thing to do, I guess, because anytime his name is mentioned, you get three or four people talking about how he's gone and whatnot. Everyone knows he's gone. It's just like the flubsessedSESSED. You post something about the Cubs and you're "flubsessed". Yet the only obsessions are the people who go out of their way to burn a thread because they don't like it.

IndianWhiteSox
01-28-2007, 03:02 AM
Anyway, I could see going to the Giants or Padres since they need someone like him badly.

Rockabilly
01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
From the Philadelphia Inquier(spelling)

The White Sox signed centerfielder Darin Erstad to a one-year deal. He could be a stopgap for Aaron Rowand, who, more than a year after his trade to the Phillies, remains a favorite of Sox management. The Sox missed Rowand's toughness last season and are expected to make a run at him when he becomes a free agent at the end of the 2007 season... .

IndianWhiteSox
01-28-2007, 10:27 AM
From the Philadelphia Inquier(spelling)

The White Sox signed centerfielder Darin Erstad to a one-year deal. He could be a stopgap for Aaron Rowand, who, more than a year after his trade to the Phillies, remains a favorite of Sox management. The Sox missed Rowand's toughness last season and are expected to make a run at him when he becomes a free agent at the end of the 2007 season... .

I don't think that will happen, because if that was the case either Brian Anderson was a failure or that Jermaine Dye wasn't resigned or that the Sox let pods go.

DumpJerry
01-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think that will happen, because if that was the case either Brian Anderson was a failure or that Jermaine Dye wasn't resigned or that the Sox let pods go.
I disagree. The Sox might make a play for ARow. However, Owens, Sweeney and Co. will be ready for the big show by then, so Rowand might not be needed.

Madvora
01-28-2007, 11:01 AM
I do think it will happen. It's obvious that KW and the Sox organization like Rowand and KW has said stuff about the possibility of getting him back some day (right after the Thome trade.) I'm not saying that he's coming back guaranteed, but surely they're going to give him a look, especially since right now we are unsure of our outfield future. That's going to be quite different by the end of 2007, we'll know a lot more by then, but surely the Sox will give it a thought.

IndianWhiteSox
01-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I do think it will happen. It's obvious that KW and the Sox organization like Rowand and KW has said stuff about the possibility of getting him back some day (right after the Thome trade.) I'm not saying that he's coming back guaranteed, but surely they're going to give him a look, especially since right now we are unsure of our outfield future. That's going to be quite different by the end of 2007, we'll know a lot more by then, but surely the Sox will give it a thought.

I don't know, maybe if all other options run out in the next off-season, then yeah, they might take a look. But I really wouldn't hold my breath for it.

HomeFish
01-28-2007, 01:12 PM
This thread is hilarious.

In 2004 and 2005, all of you guys who are mercilessly attacking Rowand now were talking about how Aaron Rowand was the best defensive Center Fielder in the game, about how he was the heart and soul of this team, about how he was one of our key offensive threats., etc.

And when I dared to post that Aaron Rowand took bad routes to balls, when I dared to post that he had a career year and was overrated, you attacked me for it, called me names, tried to get me banned, etc.

And now you're all jumping onto my Rowand-bashing bandwagon.

01-28-2007, 01:14 PM
It has just been reported that Aaron Rowand got up and ate breakfast today. More details to follow.

IndianWhiteSox
01-28-2007, 01:15 PM
This thread is hilarious.

In 2004 and 2005, all of you guys who are mercilessly bashing Rowand now were talking about how Aaron Rowand was the best defensive Center Fielder in the game, about how he was the heart and soul of this team, about how he was one of our key offensive threats., etc.

And when I dared to post that Aaron Rowand took bad routes to balls, when I dared to post that he had a career year and was overrated, you attacked me for it, called me names, tried to get me banned, etc.

And now you're all jumping onto my Rowand-bashing bandwagon.

I'm not jumping on anyone's bandwagon. I would ask you another question but then it may get roadhoused.