PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie plan question

stacksedwards
01-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm going to spring for this plan becasue this will be the last baseball season in the Chicagoland area for the next 4 years. (Off to law school in Michigan or Indy). My problem is that I won't be able to finance these until I get a tax return (tax guy is coming Feb 18).
I have a few questions about the plan.
1) Will I still be able to get one in Late Feb
2) Why are the seats so bad for most games?, I've filled one out to see what it cost and most games I'm down 1st or 3rd baseline way up in like rows 15 to 20.
3) Is it worth it? $600 is a lot of money for me right now and just curious if this is the best way to go.

Thanks

chisoxmike
01-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Yes, you will still be able to get the plan in February. Actually, I think you can get it until May. But, the longer you wait, the "worse" the seats are going to get.

When you say rows 15-20 down the baseline, is that Upper Deck or Lower? If its Lower, thats pretty good seeing that most of the lower deck baseline tickets are sold out to season ticket holders.

Is it worth it? Sure. I don't know how many seats you plan on getting, but if you're only getting one seat, you can get a 27-game plan seat in the upper deck for around $600. Upper Box, one seat, for the Hit and Run plan is $551. Upper Box for the weekend, Double Plan plan is $571.

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Is it worth it? Sure. If you have a bit more money to spend, and if you're only getting one seat, you can get a 27-game plan seat in the upper deck or around $600.

That's what I would do. Plus you get all the other little perks that come with a 27 game plan; ability to buy tickets before the public during the pre-sale, sell unused tickets though White Sox Ticket Exchange, access to Sox Charge, season ticket exchange dates, free media guide and if past years are any indication, access to the lower deck even if you have an upper deck ticket.

If you do this though, call the Sox to order it. You will get a lot more options on seat selections. The whole "best available" seating setup on TicketMaster isn't the best. It considers something like Section 531, Row 14 "better" than Section 526, Row 6. This is because 531 is behind home plate while 526 is between first and home. I know which seat I'd rather have...

Iwritecode
01-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm going to spring for this plan becasue this will be the last baseball season in the Chicagoland area for the next 4 years. (Off to law school in Michigan or Indy). My problem is that I won't be able to finance these until I get a tax return (tax guy is coming Feb 18).
I have a few questions about the plan.
1) Will I still be able to get one in Late Feb
2) Why are the seats so bad for most games?, I've filled one out to see what it cost and most games I'm down 1st or 3rd baseline way up in like rows 15 to 20.
3) Is it worth it? $600 is a lot of money for me right now and just curious if this is the best way to go.

Thanks

I checked the seating for this package a couple of days ago and lower deck tickets weren't even an option. There are a lot of season ticket holders this year. I expect attendance to break 2.5 again easily.

I had it last year and it's worth it if you don't mind sitting way up in the upperdeck. Also it's about the only way you'll get into some of the more popular games for face value. Opening day, Sox/Cubs, Sox/Yankees, etc... Otherwise you'd have to spend out the nose to get tickets to those games.

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I checked the seating for this package a couple of days ago and lower deck tickets weren't even an option. There are a lot of season ticket holders this year. I expect attendance to break 2.5 again easily.

I had it last year and it's worth it if you don't mind sitting way up in the upperdeck. Also it's about the only way you'll get into some of the more popular games for face value. Opening day, Sox/Cubs, Sox/Yankees, etc... Otherwise you'd have to spend out the nose to get tickets to those games.

With a 27 game package, he could buy tickets for Opening Day, Cubs and other popular games at face value during the season ticket holder pre-sale.

lakeviewsoxfan
01-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Ozzie paln holdder last year. This year I plan on utilizing the WSI ticket exchange alot

russ99
01-26-2007, 11:32 AM
I got my Ozzie plan around 3 days after they went on general sale, and I was able to get very good seats. I have good lower deck seats for a few games and almost all of my upper-deck seats are in the behind the plate area. I also got 2 good lower deck seats for the Yankees, so it's possible without the 27 game plan. The only "bad" tickets I got was for a Cubs weekend game, and those are close to 3rd base in the UD.

The thing is, be smart about it. Don't just take what TicketMaster gives you, make printouts of teams/days you want to go see (fri-sat-sun for example) and pick the day that gives you the best seats.

Also, pick games where not a lot of people would go, such as games with lower profile teams, the Tuesdays after a Monday half-price, Wed/Thur night games and weekday day games if you can work it into your schedule. Then you'll get much better seats and have a much better chance for getting lower deck.

I'd definately buy it before the single-game presales go on sale (Feb 10th? for season ticket holders, Feb 13th for Ozzie plan holders, Feb 16th for normal sales) since it makes little sense to get worse seats than the single-game people when you're spending that much cash for tickets in advance and in one lump sum.

The only strange thing about getting the Ozzie Plan is that I couldn't find bleacher seats. Maybe the Sox are holding most of those for single-game or Sox Pride Club sales (which was so worth the $20 last year).

Scottiehaswheels
01-26-2007, 11:35 AM
My problem is that I won't be able to finance these until I get a tax return (tax guy is coming Feb 18).
Thanks
Check your credit card statement... When is it due? If its at the end of the month or whatever, charge these the day after its due... You should get your tax money back in time to then pay it off without finance charges...

ewokpelts
01-26-2007, 11:36 AM
With a 27 game package, he could buy tickets for Opening Day, Cubs and other popular games at face value during the season ticket holder pre-sale.you'll get that as a 27 game holder AT A DISCOUNT much better than a buck a game

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 11:49 AM
you'll get that as a 27 game holder AT A DISCOUNT much better than a buck a game

For the games in the 27 game package, yes. You save $81 off face when buying a 27 game plan or $3 a game.

I was saying if he wanted to buy extras (i.e. tickets to all three Cub games), he could get them at face during the pre-sale rather than having to buy them on Stub Hub or eBay and paying big bucks.

stacksedwards
01-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for suggestions. I'm getting 2 tix so for $550 to $660 not bad I guess for 13 games. I'm real just want opening day for face value. I've been last 3 years and besides a Bears game the single best sporting event for me is opening day at Comiskular. See you at the park 4/2/07