PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Erstad quote

caulfield12
01-26-2007, 05:09 AM
No talk about the LF situation yet...

"I have a shot to play center field. I'm in a good situation with a shot to win it all." Of course, he's probably saying that meaning he gets to play mostly OF again and can get to the WS with the White Sox. Not that he has a shot to win the CF job from Anderson, but who knows for sure, DE is a very competitive player and will give BA a run for his money if healthy. It's definitely better than Luis Terrero.

IndianWhiteSox
01-26-2007, 05:19 AM
I'm glad that he thinks that because Erstad always been a guy I liked, and if not Anderson than him at least.:smile:

drewcifer
01-26-2007, 08:01 AM

"I have a shot to play center field. I'm in a good situation with a shot to win it all."

:thumbsup:

I like it, regardless of whether he was referring to a full time job, prospect of competing for a championship, or both.

It's positive, motivating, competitive.....good attitude for himself and the team.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Good - maybe some fire in this guy raises the stakes/expectations out of that position and the people slated for it.

ILuvThatDuck
01-26-2007, 08:10 AM
I would have no problem rooting for this guy as my center fielder

johnr1note
01-26-2007, 09:06 AM

"I have a shot to play center field. I'm in a good situation with a shot to win it all." Of course, he's probably saying that meaning he gets to play mostly OF again and can get to the WS with the White Sox. Not that he has a shot to win the CF job from Anderson, but who knows for sure, DE is a very competitive player and will give BA a run for his money if healthy. It's definitely better than Luis Terrero.

I hope he gives Pods a run for his money too. Having a little healthy competition might raise the bar a little for our underachieving outfielders from last year.

SBSoxFan
01-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I thought he was referring to the team winning the WS. IIRC, the quote I read this morning went something like: "I'm glad to be with the Sox, a team with a chance to win it all."

Fungo
01-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I hope some of Erstad's intensity rubs off on Anderson, and a few others. Along with Michael Young, these are my 2 favorite ballplayers. Both from the "if you're not getting better, you're getting worse" frame of mind. Tireless workers and very competitive.

Jurr
01-26-2007, 09:47 AM
I really feel like Hawk's going to have at least a few memorable calls this year at the hands of Erstad's bat. 2 out late inning singles with ducks on the pond.

"One time, Darrin. (Crowd on its feet)....and that's a base hit! In comes Joe, here comes AJ....safe! And the Sox lead 5-4 on a 2 out single by Darrin Erstaaaaaad....YEEES!"

chisoxmike
01-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Who's going to be the first to ask Erstad this weekend if the ball hit the dirt?:D:

BV2005
01-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Who's going to be the first to ask Erstad this weekend if the ball hit the dirt?:D:

:kneeslap:

FedEx227
01-26-2007, 10:36 PM

I completely forgot... he was playing 1B then. Oh boy.

Somebody from here HAS to do it.