PDA

View Full Version : Full Season Ticket Plans Onsale

OzzieBall2004
01-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I was just on whitesox.com and noticed that full season ticket plans are available.....only catch is that the postseason option is all ALDS, 1 ALCS, and 1 World Series. The waitlist people must have just been on it to get full postseason options.

Locations are much better than the 27 game locations though.

itsnotrequired
01-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Have all the people on the waiting list been contacted? If so, I can't imagine there are many full season ticket available. Maybe a lot of people on the list declined?

itsnotrequired
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I was just on whitesox.com and noticed that full season ticket plans are available.....only catch is that the postseason option is all ALDS, 1 ALCS, and 1 World Series. The waitlist people must have just been on it to get full postseason options.

Locations are much better than the 27 game locations though.

I recall that full-season plans purchased last year after January 15 did not guarantee ANY postseason games. I wonder what happens to those people that renewed? It appears that new purchasers are at least guaranteed some postseason games so I imagine those individuals that purchased after January 15 last season get at least the same deal.

Any season ticket holders in this situation that care to comment?

champagne030
01-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I recall that full-season plans purchased last year after January 15 did not guarantee ANY postseason games. I wonder what happens to those people that renewed? It appears that new purchasers are at least guaranteed some postseason games so I imagine those individuals that purchased after January 15 last season get at least the same deal.

Any season ticket holders in this situation that care to comment?

That's the old 27 game plan policy. MLB controls tickets for the ALCS/NLCS and WS. I, too, would expect anyone that purchased full season tickets last season (after cutoff) to at least get the same deal.

Beer Can Chicken
01-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Have all the people on the waiting list been contacted? If so, I can't imagine there are many full season ticket available. Maybe a lot of people on the list declined?

Maybe there were 7 people on the waiting list?

crazyozzie02
01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
i was on the waiting list, and i didnt recieve any call

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 06:57 AM
That's the old 27 game plan policy. MLB controls tickets for the ALCS/NLCS and WS. I, too, would expect anyone that purchased full season tickets last season (after cutoff) to at least get the same deal.

No, that was also the policy for full-season plans. From February 4, 2006:

Purchase of a full-season, 81-game plan after January 15 does not entitle the purchaser to purchase any postseason tickets.* Purchase of the Hit and Run, Double Play and Ozzie plans after January 9 does not entitle the purchaser to purchase any postseason tickets.http://web.archive.org/web/20060202053124/chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/zone.jsp

BeefyD
01-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Remember, that this states that it does not ENTITLE you... That doesn't mean that the Sox won't suprise us, like the Ozzie plan last year with the option for ALCS tickets.

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Remember, that this states that it does not ENTITLE you... That doesn't mean that the Sox won't suprise us, like the Ozzie plan last year with the option for ALCS tickets.

Oh, I agree. It just seems that the new plans GUARANTEE the ability to purchase postseason tickets while the old plan does not. I'm just asking if anyone knows if those that bought full-season plans after January 15th last year are now getting the same postseason deal that new ticket holders are getting.

BeefyD
01-26-2007, 07:27 AM
As much as we shouldn't assume anything, I don't think they would screw the people from last year who had no post-season options and then let new people get a better deal...

Although people like Comcast do that all the time...

champagne030
01-26-2007, 10:05 AM
No, that was also the policy for full-season plans. From February 4, 2006:

The point I was trying to make was prior to becoming World Series champs, 27 game postseason packages included all ALDS games, 1 ALCS and 1 WS game.

It looks like they are now offering that package to new full season holders.

ewokpelts
01-26-2007, 10:34 AM
The point I was trying to make was prior to becoming World Series champs, 27 game postseason packages included all ALDS games, 1 ALCS and 1 WS game.

It looks like they are now offering that package to new full season holders.but notice that full plans that came without postseason tickets last year still are screwed...

champagne030
01-26-2007, 10:42 AM
but notice that full plans that came without postseason tickets last year still are screwed...

Jerry has done some wacky things in the past, but I cannot imagine they're going to screw those holders.

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
but notice that full plans that came without postseason tickets last year still are screwed...

This is what I'm trying to get to the bottom of. It would be lame as hell for the Sox to offer postseason options to new, full holders while full holders that have already logged a year are left in the cold.

kevingrt
01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
This is what I'm trying to get to the bottom of. It would be lame as hell for the Sox to offer postseason options to new, full holders while full holders that have already logged a year are left in the cold.

I got to think those people will get the ALDS, 1 ALCS, and 1 WS game option. Just a hunch, but that would be the right thing to do.

ewokpelts
01-26-2007, 12:05 PM
I got to think those people will get the ALDS, 1 ALCS, and 1 WS game option. Just a hunch, but that would be the right thing to do."right thing to do" and white sox dont go together

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Looks like this answers all our questions (not sure how we missed this):

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/postseason.jsp

ALL RENEWING SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
Full Season (81 Games) Option to purchase up to the same number of seats in your account for all potential postseason games (Division Series, Championship Series and World Series). Your seat location for the postseason will be the same as your regular season location.

Hit and Run/Double Play Plan (27 Games) Unless otherwise noted by your Account Executive, your postseason location* will be the same for the 2007 season as it was for the 2006 season.

*Seat categories and locations will be determined by the Chicago White Sox and are based upon the postseason requirements set forth by Major League Baseball.

PLANS PURCHASED FROM OCTOBER 5, 2006, THROUGH JANUARY 8, 2007
Full Season (81 Games) Option to purchase up to the same number of seats in your account in the 500 Level for all potential postseason games (Division Series, Championship Series and World Series).

Hit and Run/Double Play Plan (27 Games) No postseason option.

PLANS PURCHASED AFTER JANUARY 9, 2007
Full Season (81 Games) Option to purchase up to the same number of seats in your account in the 500 Level for all three potential Division Series games, 1 Championship Series game, and 1 World Series game.

Hit and Run/Double Play Plan (27 Games) No postseason option.

OzzieBall2004
01-26-2007, 01:56 PM

It looks like all renewing full season holders get their same seat location for all 11 potential games.

Scottiehaswheels
01-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Looks like this answers all our questions (not sure how we missed this):

Well thats what I was thinking... My rep said the Ozzie plan I've had for 3 years gets 0 postseason tix... oh well