PDA

View Full Version : Mike Porzio

OEO Magglio
03-12-2002, 09:59 PM
I was looking at spring training stats and I saw Mike Porzio. This guy is 30 years old and he had their best ERA in AAA last year. I have never heard of him but he has pitched 3 1/3 innings during spring training, and has not let up a run. He is a lefty and is one of the few lefties left on the roster. I have never heard of this guy, but I am assuming that he was part of the Norton and Christianson trade, since he used to be on the Rockies, who is this guy, and does he have a good chance to make the opening day roster considering he is one of the only lefties left for the pen besides Wunsch

Chisox_cali
03-12-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I was looking at spring training stats and I saw Mike Porzio. This guy is 30 years old and he had their best ERA in AAA last year. I have never heard of him but he has pitched 3 1/3 innings during spring training, and has not let up a run. He is a lefty and is one of the few lefties left on the roster. I have never heard of this guy, but I am assuming that he was part of the Norton and Christianson trade, since he used to be on the Rockies, who is this guy, and does he have a good chance to make the opening day roster considering he is one of the only lefties left for the pen besides Wunsch

I did mention him as my possibility in this thread:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8347

doctor30th
03-12-2002, 10:47 PM
No we signed him before last season. He was bouncing around the minors and was on a independent league team before (he used to be a cub too). We didn't get him in trade.

We Released Norton. So there was no trade there.

For McKay we got Wade Parrish. Who was my pick to be the second lefty.

Porzio did well in AA and AA last year. But he got some attention pitching winter ball. He was 7-3 in 12 starts.

OfficerKarkovice
03-12-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
No we signed him before last season. He was bouncing around the minors and was on a independent league team before (he used to be a cub too). We didn't get him in trade.

We Released Norton. So there was no trade there.

For McKay we got Wade Parrish. Who was my pick to be the second lefty.

Porzio did well in AA and AA last year. But he got some attention pitching winter ball. He was 7-3 in 12 starts.

And we have a winner in the "which left-handend pitcher would like to play for the White Sox this year" competition.