2B Iguchi-R
DH Thome-L
1B Konerko-R
RF Dye-R
CF-Erstad-L
3B Crede-R
C Pierzynski-L
SS Uribe-R

Squeezing Erstad between Dye & Crede will allow him to nothing but fastballs, and also allow Dye to possible swipe a base and score on a single or double.

I know Erstad is supposed to be our "Backup" Centerfielder, but he did play over 150 in 2005. Anyone think Herm can keep this guy on the field for atleast 125 games?

How do you guys like this lineup? If you don't why? and what's your suggestions?

Thanks, and can't wait for 2007 to begin!

SABRSox
01-25-2007, 01:17 AM
I don't want to see an OF with both Pods and Erstad in it. I think Anderson is still our best option at CF.

IndianWhiteSox
01-25-2007, 02:08 AM
My 2007 Lineup if everything goes right:

LF Pods-L
CF Anderson-R
RF Dye-R
DH Thome-L
1B Konerko-R
2B Iguchi-R
C AJP-L
3B Crede-R
SS-Uribe-R

I know Crede is just coming off a season in which he hit 30 HRs but I think that with Iguchi batting in that spot and the emergence of Anderson, we could see Iguchi having a monster season, Anderson helping Pods out setting the table, and JD batting in his regular spot in the lineup.

gobears1987
01-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't like dropping Iguchi down from 2nd. He is a great #2 hitter since he is a contact hitter who isn't afraid to sacrifice himself to move the runner over. He also has much better plate discipline that Anderson. With Pods trying to steal, you need Iguchi there, not Anderson.

I'm fine with Anderson and Erstad platooning in CF. Just bat them lower in the order.

LF Pods-L
2B Iguchi R
RF Dye-R
1B Konerko-R
DH Thome-L
3B Crede-R
C AJP-L
CF Anderson/Erstad
SS-Uribe-R

You can move Thome, Dye, and Konerko around any which way that will work. I personally prefer this one since Dye has a good OBP.

itsnotrequired
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't like dropping Iguchi down from 2nd. He is a great #2 hitter since he is a contact hitter who isn't afraid to sacrifice himself to move the runner over. He also has much better plate discipline that Anderson. With Pods trying to steal, you need Iguchi there, not Anderson.

I'm fine with Anderson and Erstad platooning in CF. Just bat them lower in the order.

Iguchi would be better suited hitting lower in the order (he was a power hitter in Japan). Alas, the Sox don't have many other options for a #2 go so there he remains.

01-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Iguchi really bite it in the 6th hole last year...#2 is his spot.

Qdiddy
01-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I like Dye #3, but Ozzie said that Dye will go back to batting 5th in the order when the season starts.

Iguchi is not a power hitting in my eyes. I thought he was going to be watching all the footage on him when we first signed him. In Japan he's a 25-30 HR Threat. Here he is good for maybe 15-20. I would like him to cut down on the strikeouts more than anything.

I think Erstad is a better hitter than AJ if healthy in the #6 spot. He'll take more pitches and is a better gap hitter to score Dye from first. Again, I just hope he can stay healthy.

GO SOX!

IndianWhiteSox
01-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I like Dye #3, but Ozzie said that Dye will go back to batting 5th in the order when the season starts.

Iguchi is not a power hitting in my eyes. I thought he was going to be watching all the footage on him when we first signed him. In Japan he's a 25-30 HR Threat. Here he is good for maybe 15-20. I would like him to cut down on the strikeouts more than anything.

I think Erstad is a better hitter than AJ if healthy in the #6 spot. He'll take more pitches and is a better gap hitter to score Dye from first. Again, I just hope he can stay healthy.

GO SOX!

I don't know if Erstad still has his gap power? I know AJP still does.
I still think that Iguchi has the power to hit 30 HRS and drive in 100RBIs.
Well whatever, I guess we agree to disagree.:smile:

chisoxmike
01-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Healthy, everything ok...

Podsednik LF
Iguchi 2B
Dye RF
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Crede 3B
Pierzynski C
Anderson CF
Uribe SS

IndianWhiteSox
01-25-2007, 10:54 AM
1B Konerko-R
DH Thome-L
3B Crede-R
C AJP-LAs talented as those 4 guys are at beating the hell out of the baseball, if they are batting consecutively,then there maybe a lot more DPs and dare I say it "base-clogging"

maurice
01-25-2007, 12:59 PM
1 Podsednik / Ozuna - LF (l / r)
2 Iguchi - 2B (r)
3 Dye - RF (r)
4 Thome - DH (l)
5 Konerko - AB (r)
6 Crede - 3B (r)
7 Pierzynski / Hall - C (l / r)
8 Uribe - SS (r)
9 Anderson - CF (r)

russ99
01-25-2007, 10:39 PM
1. Podsednik - lf
2. Cintron - ss / Erstad - cf (ss & cf platoon)
3. Thome - dh
4. Dye - rf
5. Konerko - 1b
6. Iguchi - 2b
7. Pierzynski - c
8. Crede - 3b
9 Anderson - cf / Uribe - ss (ss & cf platoon)

thomas35forever
01-25-2007, 11:19 PM
For me, it's the same lineup as last season except Anerson switches off with Erstad instead of Mackowiak.

ohiosoxfan12
01-26-2007, 12:26 AM
All I know is that Anderson better get his "stuff" together or Erstad better get some quality time. Every game I went to last year I dreaded seeing Anderson on deck with runners on....

Murphy10
01-26-2007, 07:42 AM
1 Podsednik - LF
2 Iguchi - 2B
3 Dye - RF
4 Thome - DH
5 Konerko - 1B
6 Crede - 3B
7 Pierzynski - C
8 Anderson - CF
9 Cintron - SS

oeo
01-26-2007, 10:59 AM
All I know is that Anderson better get his "stuff" together or Erstad better get some quality time. Every game I went to last year I dreaded seeing Anderson on deck with runners on....

What makes you think Erstad will do a better job? He has to get his "stuff" together, as well. I'm not saying Erstad will be crap, I think it will be the complete opposite...but he was hurt most of last year. Wait until you see that Erstad can get the job done, first, because Brian is still going to give you better defense in center.

Let's wait until we at least see some Spring Training games before comments like these.

ohiosoxfan12
01-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Thats understandable to wait until Spring Training to make better assumptions. What are the chances that we see Erstad pinch hitting for Anderson frequently? (if Anderson ends up the starter). I dont know, it just seemed like Anderson was atrocious at the plate in clutch situation, usually even striking out...

I want Mags back
01-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Lineup after Pods is healthy

LF Pods-L
2B Iguchi-R
DH Thome-L
1B Konerko-R
RF Dye-R
CF-Erstad-L
3B Crede-R
C Pierzynski-L
SS Uribe-R

Squeezing Erstad between Dye & Crede will allow him to nothing but fastballs, and also allow Dye to possible swipe a base and score on a single or double.

I know Erstad is supposed to be our "Backup" Centerfielder, but he did play over 150 in 2005. Anyone think Herm can keep this guy on the field for atleast 125 games?

How do you guys like this lineup? If you don't why? and what's your suggestions?

Thanks, and can't wait for 2007 to begin!

i like how is its righty/lefty most of the way

chaotic8512
01-26-2007, 11:59 AM
The problem with picking out a set lineup is that Ozzie simply won't. The man loves to shuffle it constantly, and while I understand why he does it, he seems to go a bit overboard with it. That having been said, this is the lineup I'd like to see out there (when everyone is healthy):

Pods (L)
Iguchi (R)
Konerko (R)
Thome (L)
Dye (R)
Crede (R)
AJ (L)
Anderson (R)
Uribe (R)

The somewhat quicker Dye breaks up the base-clogging "ability" of Thome/Konerko/AJ, left-handed batters are distributed equally throughout the lineup, and we have all of our best hitters at 3-6... important to give Dye that protection with Crede's bat.

Lukin13
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
1. Cintron SS
2. Erstad LF
3. Dye RF
4. Thome DH
5. Konerko 1B
6. Crede 3B
7. AJ C
8. Iguchi 2B
9. Anderson CF

the gooch as the best 8th spot hitter in non yankee history.

WizardsofOzzie
02-12-2007, 12:57 PM
1. Cintron SS
2. Erstad LF
3. Dye RF
4. Thome DH
5. Konerko 1B
6. Crede 3B
7. AJ C
8. Iguchi 2B
9. Anderson CF

the gooch as the best 8th spot hitter in non yankee history.
You definitely have imagination my friend