PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Baseball Museum?

MarySwiss
01-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I received an e-mail today from someone that included the first edition of a newsletter from the "Chicago Baseball Museum." I never heard of the guy who sent it, and the e-mail said he got my information at the Cubs convention :o: which naturally made me suspicious. Anyone else been similarly blessed or know anything about this organization?

soltrain21
01-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I received the same email...

StillMissOzzie
01-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I received an e-mail today from someone that included the first edition of a newsletter from the "Chicago Baseball Museum." I never heard of the guy who sent it, and the e-mail said he got my information at the Cubs convention :o: which naturally made me suspicious. Anyone else been similarly blessed or know anything about this organization?

I've never heard of this before either, but I did a Google search and found this:
http://www.chicagobaseballmuseum.org/

They have a pretty nice website, but from the sounds of it, the whole thing is still more in the conceptual stage just yet. The mailing address of 3023 N. Clark sure puts it darn close to the Urinal, too, although that may have nothing to do with their ultimate location.

And none of this explains how they got info on you, Mary.

SMO
:gulp:

MarySwiss
01-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I've never heard of this before either, but I did a Google search and found this:
http://www.chicagobaseballmuseum.org/

They have a pretty nice website, but from the sounds of it, the whole thing is still more in the conceptual stage just yet. The mailing address of 3023 N. Clark sure puts it darn close to the Urinal, too, although that may have nothing to do with their ultimate location.

And none of this explains how they got info on you, Mary.

SMO

Well, SMO; because I have my own home-based business, info on me is all over the place; has to be. I don't necessarily care that they contacted me--believe me, I have a delete key and know how to use it!--but to even suggest that I'd be caught anywhere near the Cubs convention-- :angry:

AJ Hellraiser
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I got the same e-mail and it was actually the second one I've received from them... the second i saw cubs convention on the top line i began to laugh and deleted it.. i got free tickets to a cubs convention once and went with my dad.. we both spent 2 hours there, got an ernie banks auto that we later gave to a good family friend and walked out hating the cubs and their fans even more than before...

FedEx227
01-24-2007, 08:38 PM
I have actually been getting e-mails from him for the past 2-3 weeks. Possibly getting our info from here?

Lip Man 1
01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
For what it's worth I'm on the advisory board for it. Dr. Fletcher is the guy in charge. Didn't know about the e-mails or how he got addresses.

It is a legit undertaking however with guys like Banks, Minoso and I think Ventura on the board as well.

Lip

esbrechtel
01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I received the same email...

say it aint so wes!:(:

a baseball museum in chicago thats pretty cool, and if Lip is working with it then I bet it will be good

soltrain21
01-24-2007, 11:48 PM
say it aint so wes!:(:

a baseball museum in chicago thats pretty cool, and if Lip is working with it then I bet it will be good

Yep, amongst the other piles of junk mail in our NCC emails.

Ugh.

MarySwiss
01-25-2007, 08:01 AM
For what it's worth I'm on the advisory board for it. Dr. Fletcher is the guy in charge. Didn't know about the e-mails or how he got addresses.

It is a legit undertaking however with guys like Banks, Minoso and I think Ventura on the board as well.

Lip

Good to know, Lip. However, I was taken aback by the Cubs convention reference. I don't know where they got my info but I don't see how it could have been from there. Yet that's what it said.

tick53
01-25-2007, 10:48 AM

Me too, I got my first e-mail last week and thought of starting a similar thread to this one.

35th&Shields
01-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I was already getting emails from them (it is a legit organization), but I did find it curious that the most recent one said they got my info at the Cubs Convention. I figured it was a mistake, but based on this thread I've got to think that there has somehow been access to at least some of the emails from the boards here.

bigsoxfan420
01-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I too have received these emails.

bryPt
01-25-2007, 04:35 PM
I have actually been getting e-mails from him for the past 2-3 weeks. Possibly getting our info from here?

Check that, had to edit my post. The email addy I have here is not the same email addy that I am getting these emails from. BUT, the email addy I have at the Sox site IS the one that I am getting these emails at. Ya think the Sox sold out our email addresses? THAT WOULD BE BAD.

Scottiehaswheels
01-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm sure both teams are sponsors of this endeavor in some fashion or another... Prolly just trying to gauge community interest and send the email to people that have purchased tickets from them in the past?

Daver
01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I can guarantee they did not get e-mail addresses from this forum.

StillMissOzzie
01-26-2007, 02:31 AM

Lip

I didn't see your name listed on the advisory board, Lip, but...

I'm sure both teams are sponsors of this endeavor in some fashion or another... Prolly just trying to gauge community interest and send the email to people that have purchased tickets from them in the past?

JR, Billy Pierce, and Minnie Minoso are.

SMO

IndianWhiteSox
01-26-2007, 06:30 AM
I hope this thing is open in early February

Lip Man 1
01-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Miss Ozzie:

I just sent the Doc my resume after he asked for background information. He said he wanted it to update the listings.

Lip