PDA

View Full Version : Rob Neyer on the AL Central (FWIW)

maurice
01-24-2007, 01:11 PM
This is an ESPN insider article (http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove06/insider/columns/story?columnist=neyer_rob&id=2740992&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2***b %2fhotstove06%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumn ist%3dneyer_rob%26id%3d2740992), so I only can read the 1st part. Here's the opening paragraph:
I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying this, but the American League Central is MLB's hottest division. Last season, the division featured two playoff teams and the defending world champions and a sub-.500 team that nevertheless outscored its opponents by 88 runs. Even the lowly Royals managed, just by the hairs on their chinny-chin-chins, to avoid finishing with the league's worst record. The Central featured the winningest second-place team in the league, along with the winningest third-, fourth-, and fifth-place teams. This was the Central's best showing since the Central was invented in 1994. . . .

JohnTucker0814
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Nothing new there... I think I've seen several people on here say the same thing...

It's nice to be recognized by other media outlets as playing in the best division. Heck, KC just may have won the Central in the NL! haha

champagne030
01-24-2007, 01:32 PM
It was a tease. He says the Central might be strong again this year, but it won't last long because the Yankees' division is powerful and will "prevail".....blah, blah, blah.

palehozenychicty
01-24-2007, 02:01 PM
It was a tease. He says the Central might be strong again this year, but it won't last long because the Yankees' division is powerful and will "prevail".....blah, blah, blah.

Meh, whatever. The Spankees are still too old and fundamentally flawed. You take away their batting power, they are meeklings. The LDS proved this.

WhiteSox5187
01-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Yea, the AL Central is by FAR the best division in baseball. Even ESPN admits that, but it is so hard for them to pry their eyes off the Yankees and Red Sox. It's like "Yes yes, the AL Central is very good, but I mean, hey! AL East! They're pretty good too!"

Rocky Soprano
01-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Wow, good article.

Domeshot17
01-24-2007, 03:01 PM
The Yankees' division is mighty, and shall prevail.

Yah Yah **** You Rob Neyer

IndianWhiteSox
01-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Nothing new there... I think I've seen several people on here say the same thing...

It's nice to be recognized by other media outlets as playing in the best division. Heck, KC just may have won the Central in the NL! haha

That might be true considering the fact that KC went above .500 during interleague play