PDA

View Full Version : How much stock do you put in this?

KempersRS
03-12-2002, 05:18 PM
It's only spring training, but do these numbers have any importance or concern you?

HawkDJ
03-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Alot of people will you show you how good hitting in spring training means nothing when they go to the majors and can't hit anything (see Julio Ramirez). On the other end alot of people will show you good hitting carries over into the season. So in other words, Spring Training means nothing until maybe the last couple of games.

KempersRS
03-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Doh, West, I wanted multiple votes so people could pick one or the other or both for the pitching and hitting. If you have a chance, is that fixable? Is there a way for me to edit my own poll?

FarWestChicago
03-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Doh, West, I wanted multiple votes so people could pick one or the other or both for the pitching and hitting. If you have a chance, is that fixable? Is there a way for me to edit my own poll? It's multiple now. Just a little direct database manipulation. There actually isn't a setting for it from the admin screen. :smile:

Cheryl
03-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Runs scored in Arizona mean almost nothing. After all, there is no air there, so as long as the hitter makes contact the ball is going to carry.

The thing it does mean is they are making contact with the ball. Whether that translates to hits as opposed to pop ups, flyouts, hitting into DPs in the regular season remains to be seen.