PDA

View Full Version : *Official* SoxFest 2007 Countdown Thread

Viva Medias B's
01-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I will be at SoxFest 2007 after all. I managed to get myself a SoxFest hotel reservation package from the release last Thursday. This year, we all know the venue has shifted from the Hyatt Regency Chicago to the Palmer House Hilton. We'll be in the heart of the Loop instead of near the Magnificent Mile.

crazyozzie02
01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
I'll be there on saturday, but im still waiting for the agenda to be released. I cant plan my day without it:(:

Soxfest
01-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Soxfest at Soxfest:D:

soxchick20
01-22-2007, 08:56 PM
I'll be there all weekend! It will be interesting to see how the change of hotels affects everything. Hopefully, it's better than it's ever been.

TornLabrum
01-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I'll be there in the WCSF booth (and elsewhere). Stop by and become a member, or if you don't do that, at least plunk down a buck and pull a pencil.

jenn2080
01-22-2007, 09:06 PM
I will be there Friday for sure.

Domeshot17
01-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Ill be in the hotel all weekend

chisoxmike
01-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll be there Saturday.

Brian26
01-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll be there in the WCSF booth (and elsewhere). Stop by and become a member, or if you don't do that, at least plunk down a buck and pull a pencil.

I won an 8" x 10" Kirk McCaskill glossy photo last year. I'll make sure I stop by again this weekend.

itsnotrequired
01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I will be there Friday for sure.

I'll be at the Beef 'n Brandy on Friday. Let the horns blow...

soxwon
01-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I'll be there Saturday.

still lookin for a saturday ticket!!!
Any tips on how i can get one?
I figure someone will have a few xtras for sale.

JohnTucker0814
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I've got my hotel package again this year! Hopefully the line doesn't start at 7:00 p.m the night before again! haha

DumpJerry
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I'll be at the bar(s) Friday and Saturday night signing autographs.
with my teal pencil.

I will be at the bars. I'll be the guy in the White Sox shirt.

EDIT: I'll be there on Friday at 10:00 or so. Earlier commitment elsewhere.

StillMissOzzie
01-23-2007, 12:45 AM

I won a Maggs road jersey bobblehead either last year or the year before.
[ahhhnold] I'll be back. [/ahhhhnold]

I will be at the bars. I'll be the guy in the White Sox shirt.

EDIT: I'll be there on Friday at 10:00 or so. Earlier commitment elsewhere.
At least you'll be easy to spot.

My son and I are going Saturday.

SMO
:gulp:

Scottiehaswheels
01-23-2007, 12:51 AM
I shall be there all 3 days with the fiance and the kiddo... I'll be wearing Sox stuff too... Funny that

JGarlandrules20
01-23-2007, 12:55 AM
I've been going every Friday for the past three years, but I finally was able to get the hotel package this year. I'm excited.

I really hope they have the schedule out soon.

Iwritecode
01-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Hope everyone has a good time. :cool:

I couldn't afford it before. Now it's even worse considering how much I just shelled out for my new(er) car. :whiner:

StillMissOzzie
01-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Hope everyone has a good time. :cool:

I couldn't afford it before. Now it's even worse considering how much I just shelled out for my new(er) car. :whiner:

Last year, $40 got me a weekend pass. This year, $40 gets me Saturday.:angry: :whiner:
I feel your pain

SMO

ewokpelts
01-23-2007, 07:45 AM
I'll be there all 3 days.

ewokpelts
01-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Last year, $40 got me a weekend pass. This year, $40 gets me Saturday.:angry: :whiner:
I feel your pain

SMO

blame the teacup rides and the strollers

whitesoxwilkes
01-23-2007, 08:12 AM

I am out of town this year, so I'll let someone else have a chance at the grand prize.

Viva Medias B's
01-23-2007, 09:31 AM
The Big Downtown (http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHIPHHH-The-Palmer-House-Hilton-Illinois/dining.do#1) is one of two restaurants at the Palmer House Hilton (http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHIPHHH-The-Palmer-House-Hilton-Illinois/index.do;jsessionid=7E09B1996E968D194535C24A63E4AD A5.etc11?ctyhocn=CHIPHHH&brand_id=HI&brand_directory=/en/hi/&xch=6119801,21RQCTQBQBEEMCSGBIVMVCQKIYFC3UUC), according to the hotel's website. The French Quarter Restaurant, a breakfast and lunch place, is the other one. Looking at the former's description, it seems The Big Downtown's purpose is to compete directly with the independent Miller's Pub (http://www.millerspub.com/) which is half a block south. Both facilities are now smoke-free. I have been to Miller's Pub many times, but I have not been to The Big Downtown since it opened. Previously, the Palmer House had a steakhouse on the site.

For White Sox fans of the Roman Catholic faith who go to Mass downtown that weekend, Holy Name Cathedral (http://www.holynamecathedral.org/menu.htm) at State & Superior used to be the place to go when SoxFest was at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. At the Palmer House, St. Peter's in the Loop (http://www.stpetersloop.org/service_sched.shtml) at 110 West Madison Street is the closest Catholic Church. Currently, Holy Name is installing a new floor in its nave. Sunday Mass is still taking place there, however. I am sure many of you know St. Peter's. For downtown workers, it is the place for Catholics to go for Ash Wednesday and Holy Days of Obligation.

skottyj242
01-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I am out of town this year, so I'll let someone else have a chance at the grand prize.

Huge party at Wilkes after the fest on Friday and Saturday.

jenn2080
01-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Huge party at Wilkes after the fest on Friday and Saturday.

BYOB and there is rumor that Ozzie Jr. may be there.

skottyj242
01-23-2007, 12:42 PM
BYOB and there is rumor that Ozzie Jr. may be there.

It is no longer a rumor, I just got off the phone with him and he will be there.

PeoriaSoxFan
01-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I will be there Sunday. Anyone seen a Sox agenda yet for the three days? I keep looking, but can't find one on their site.

salty99
01-23-2007, 02:20 PM
E-mail Brooks

salty99
01-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Here is the schedule: It looks like AJ is indeed coming but only on Friday night.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/schedule_soxfest.pdf

jenn2080
01-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Here is the schedule: It looks like AJ is indeed coming but only on Friday night.

This is going to have to be a gametime decision on who's autograph to get.

Domeshot17
01-23-2007, 07:39 PM
has there been a number released as to how many people per day will be in the venue?

pearso66
01-23-2007, 08:35 PM
I wish I could go this year, but I will be out of town.

On another note, I definitally wouldn't complain at all about Soxfest. My buddy in MI went to Tigerfest this past weekend, and instead of limiting attendance, they decided to allow for more people. And the way they did it was to hold it outdoors at Comerica Park. He said it was incredibly packed, and of course cold (I believe mid 20's). If I had the choice, I'd rather pay a little more to be at a smaller venue like the Sox are at this year.

Brian26
01-23-2007, 09:45 PM
And the way they did it was to hold it outdoors at Comerica Park. He said it was incredibly packed, and of course cold (I believe mid 20's).

Since the Lions didn't come anywhere near the playoffs, you'd think they could have used Ford Field for the festivities (which is literally across the street from Comerica).

Brian26
01-23-2007, 09:49 PM

This is going to be awesome.

Check out that Saturday seminar, 12:00 - 12:45
"The Science of Hitting" with Hawk, Konerko, Ventura, Walker, and Baines!

salty99
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Agreed...but where are all the Kids seminars and stuff like that.

pearso66
01-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Since the Lions didn't come anywhere near the playoffs, you'd think they could have used Ford Field for the festivities (which is literally across the street from Comerica).

I was really shocked to hear that it was outdoors in January in Detroit. I could understand if they did it during the season on an off day. Or if it was a southern team (Tampa Bay? Marlins?) even though it was cold throughout the US this past weekend. But to do that in Detroit, when as you say, Ford Field is right there too, is just stupid.

Brian26
01-23-2007, 09:58 PM

Looks like Pods is out. Zisk and Gamble aren't there either.

ewokpelts
01-23-2007, 10:03 PM
no teacups and strollers allowed

Brian26
01-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Last year weren't there some sessions with 400 or 500 autographs? Look at the lines this year (many 275 and 300 lines).

salty99
01-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Last year weren't there some sessions with 400 or 500 autographs? Look at the lines this year (many 275 and 300 lines).

Yeah but there are also 5 stages instead of 4.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-23-2007, 10:23 PM

Also they screwed alot of people out if it this year.... :angry:

TornLabrum
01-23-2007, 10:29 PM

It's about time you gave somebody else a break!

HotelWhiteSox
01-23-2007, 10:29 PM
An Ozzie/Robin autograph session is pretty cool. Seriously, Robin needs a job in the organization

I'm interested in a lot of the seminars though, I sometimes wish they'd set it up to have separate tickets sold for access to seminars and autographs. I would also probably have a 'free' section for food/concessions/and all the collectibles and those stands (with of course limits to how many people are in the section at a time)

Brian26
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm interested in a lot of the seminars

Check this one out:

"Staying Sharp- Making & Maintaining an MLB Career" with Razor Shines and Brian Anderson.

Combined, they've got about four years of major league service time :D:

BainesHOF
01-24-2007, 12:56 AM
has there been a number released as to how many people per day will be in the venue?

I'm curious about this as well.

ChiSoxGirl
01-24-2007, 07:59 AM

Based on the number of autographs guys are going to be signing, one can only hope that there will be less people per day. I remember SoxFests of the past when players would sign as many as 500-550 autographs. This year, the autograph numbers range from 250 (for the players of the past) to 400 (for the big names like Konerko, Buehrle, & Contreras). With the disaster that was SoxFest 2006 and the Sox trying to make up for that, we have to think the odds are in our favor for smaller crowds.

jenn2080
01-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Also they screwed alot of people out if it this year.... :angry:

How did they screw people out if it exactly? They gave you a chance to get them at 10am the day they went on sale. Everyone I know who tried got them. I am not quite sure as to how it is their fault if you did not get tickets.

Also commenting on what others wrote about the autograph lines. I noticed that also but if there are not as many people then there should not be a problem.

salty99
01-24-2007, 09:27 AM
[quote=jenn2080;1469054]How did they screw people out if it exactly? They gave you a chance to get them at 10am the day they went on sale. Everyone I know who tried got them. I am not quite sure as to how it is their fault if you did not get tickets.
[quote]

I agree. I was able to pick up 2 for Sat. through ticketmaster a week after the White Sox said they were sold out.

Dan H
01-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I will be there selling my books. I would to meet WSIers whether they are interested in a book or not. I always like meeting fellow Sox fans at SoxFest.

crazyozzie02
01-24-2007, 05:29 PM
this is a little off-subject, but did anyone notice that it says 9:00 as the start time for saturday on ticketmaster.com? I just noticed it. Also, does anyone know when you are going to be able to get in line before the doors open? Im hoping to get a konerko, but i find it odd that he will be signing right when the doors open

TheCommander
01-24-2007, 07:03 PM
How did they screw people out if it exactly? They gave you a chance to get them at 10am the day they went on sale. Everyone I know who tried got them. I am not quite sure as to how it is their fault if you did not get tickets.

I work straight days,Monday thru Friday so these kinds of sales never work out for me.:whiner:

Brian26
01-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Im hoping to get a konerko, but i find it odd that he will be signing right when the doors open

For what its worth, the last time I waited to get a Konerko autograph was Soxfest 2005. I was in line for the 9am Sunday morning session. PK strolled in and started signing at 8:30am, no joke.

Beer Can Chicken
01-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Someone just gave me some free tickets to a pre-Sox Fest event tonight at the ESPN Zone? Does anyone know anything about this?

ewokpelts
01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Someone just gave me some free tickets to a pre-Sox Fest event tonight at the ESPN Zone? Does anyone know anything about this?might be a event for suite/scout seat holders...they used to do these events in the past

ewokpelts
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
For what its worth, the last time I waited to get a Konerko autograph was Soxfest 2005. I was in line for the 9am Sunday morning session. PK strolled in and started signing at 8:30am, no joke.that was nice of slowness to do that...i'd imagine some of these guys start and end on the dot of thier allotted times.

SSSoxFan
01-25-2007, 11:34 AM
I see that the inally posted where everyone will be. Below is the link

HITMEN OF 77
01-25-2007, 11:54 AM
For what its worth, the last time I waited to get a Konerko autograph was Soxfest 2005. I was in line for the 9am Sunday morning session. PK strolled in and started signing at 8:30am, no joke.

Last year due to the crowds, I got in line at 4am for his 10:30 signing on Sunday. I'm a Krazy Konerko fan though, others might not want to wait that long....

Iwritecode
01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Last year due to the crowds, I got in line at 4am for his 10:30 signing on Sunday. I'm a Krazy Konerko fan though, others might not want to wait that long....

I was lucky enough to grab his auto a couple of years ago. The year they changed the name of the park to US Cellular Field. I was standing in front of him when a reporter came up and asked him what he thought about the name change. IIRC, he was literally holding the baseball I gave him to sign while he answered her question.

champagne030
01-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Someone just gave me some free tickets to a pre-Sox Fest event tonight at the ESPN Zone? Does anyone know anything about this?

During past years, it was a private autograph session with maybe 3-5 players - they even provided official MLB baseballs. I got Frank, Garland and Magglio within 30 minutes.

skottyj242
01-25-2007, 01:49 PM
that was nice of slowness to do that...i'd imagine some of these guys start and end on the dot of thier allotted times.

There really aren't alloted times anymore, it's just the number of autographs they alloted.

BeefyD
01-25-2007, 01:51 PM
During past years, it was a private autograph session with maybe 3-5 players - they even provided official MLB baseballs. I got Frank, Garland and Magglio within 30 minutes.

Nice grab, if that is what the pre-fest turns out to be!

Question: Last year, the lines were completely full by the time I got there (I went on Friday). However, they had wristbands, IIRC. Question is, if Buehrle is signing at 12:30, when would they start giving out wristbands?

HITMEN OF 77
01-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Question: Last year, the lines were completely full by the time I got there (I went on Friday). However, they had wristbands, IIRC. Question is, if Buehrle is signing at 12:30, when would they start giving out wristbands?

Last year was kind of an exception to the normal "rules" of Soxfest being the crowds were so BIG. I got wristbands 3 1/2 hours in advance of some signings and it was still a mess. They may do things a bit different this year, I'm not sure. I'm guessing a 12:30 signing means 10:30 wristbands, but could alos depend on how long the lines are already..??..

Iwritecode
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Don't base any assumptions on last year. Last year was a horrible mess that will hopefully never happen again.

I have no idea if they'll do the wristbands again. Going by what they did a couple of years ago when they started doing the wristbands, it kind of varies.

I assume you're talking about Buerhrle signing at 12:30 on Saturday. It used to be that once the first guy started signing and the line started moving, they'd block the line once the limit was reached. Then people would just start forming a new line for the next person on that stage. If I had to guess, I'd say they'd probably start giving out wristbands for Buehrle sometime after 10:00 AM.

gr8mexico
01-25-2007, 02:41 PM
What time does the event start?

BainesHOF
01-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I received a report that there are currently about eight or nine people hanging around the Palmer House waiting for players to arrive to hit them up for autographs.

And you wonder why some players dislike autograph seekers. Players will be signing hundreds of autographs per day at Soxfest yet they're still being hounded as soon as they walk into the hotel a day before the event.

jenn2080
01-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I received a report that there are currently about eight or nine people hanging around the Palmer House waiting for players to arrive to hit them up for autographs.

And you wonder why some players dislike autograph seekers. Players will be signing hundreds of autographs per day at Soxfest yet they're still being hounded as soon as they walk into the hotel a day before the event.

****in idiots. It is like the people at the hotel in Minni who sat there for 8 plus hours waiting for the players. I am shocked some of them didn't try going swimming with Iguchi.

Beer Can Chicken
01-25-2007, 04:05 PM
What time does the event start?

Not sure, actually. We work 3 blocks away so are going at 5:00. Whatever time it starts, we're going in.
I've heard that they give you a bag of goods at the door and several players will be there signing, drinking, etc. I'm more of a boozehound than an autograph hound so I'm hoping for some free booze.

HITMEN OF 77
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM

I think the players get upset becuase most of those autopgrahs end up on eBay.

Rowandws33
01-25-2007, 05:31 PM
last was awful this is like my 7th soxfest in a row. last year little kids were crying cuz they waited all day and got nothing. I gave away Garland,dye,konerko wristbands last year to some little girls i felt so bad for them. i just need jenks and ozzie to finish off my 2005 whole team ball. My girlfriend says i could open a Sox hall of fame with all the Sox stuff i had. Only way i would sell anything is to save a member of the family. My Sox collection means alot to me.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Also commenting on what others wrote about the autograph lines. I noticed that also but if there are not as many people then there should not be a problem.

First I try to get a weekend pass. I get the room and everything as soon as they go on sale. Then they tell me I have the wrong "package" so I don't get tickets. Would have been nice if they told me that before the room was booked. I tried to get them on the phone and on the internet as soon as those were released. Plus not to mention they move it to a smaller location. That means less tickets go onsale.

soxchick20
01-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Wow, that is just really creepy. If the autograph is that important, then just wait in the line with everyone else. Don't stalk these guys, follow them and basically harass them for an autograph that you could get during one of the sessions.

ewokpelts
01-25-2007, 06:46 PM
To Hotel Guests: NO FREE GAME TICKETS.
I just picked my tix up today , and got nothing but my passes.
Way to go, guys. You will hear me bitching about this tomorrow.

BeefyD
01-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the info about the wristbands!

Brian26
01-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I just went on an hour long treasure hunt downtown looking for a couple of Rawlings baseballs to take to the fest tomorrow.

The Target on Roosevelt was sold out, so I called Sports Authority on LaSalle. The guy on the phone said he had two cases. So I drive to the store, park on the side, go up to the 5th floor, and he can't find the balls. We go downstairs to check what happened, and it turns out someone just came into the store 15 minutes before me and purchased two cases of these. The empty boxes were sitting on the floor behind the cashier.

Beer Can Chicken
01-25-2007, 11:22 PM
might be a event for suite/scout seat holders...they used to do these events in the past

This is exactly what it was. Free booze and food from 6-9, a bag with a ball, case for the ball, pen for autographs and a card with a bunch of credits to all the games at ESPN Zone. Players in attendance were: Jenks, Garland, Konerko, Crede, Buerhle, Contreras, Anderson, Vazquez, Machowiak, Erstad, Aardsma, Toby Hall. Others in attendance included: Ozzie, Kenny, Farmer, Razor Shines, Baines, Singleton, Greg Walker and DJ. All you had to do was walk up to someone and ask for their autograph or picture. No lines, nothing.
Overall it was pretty cool, it was like being in a bar with all of the Sox players.

HITMEN OF 77
01-25-2007, 11:31 PM
This is exactly what it was. Free booze and food from 6-9, a bag with a ball, case for the ball, pen for autographs and a card with a bunch of credits to all the games at ESPN Zone. Players in attendance were: Jenks, Garland, Konerko, Crede, Buerhle, Contreras, Anderson, Vazquez, Machowiak, Erstad, Aardsma, Toby Hall. Others in attendance included: Ozzie, Kenny, Razor Shines, Baines, Singleton and DJ. All you had to do was walk up to someone and ask for their autograph or picture. No lines, nothing.
Overall it was pretty cool, it was like being in a bar with all of the Sox players.

Right On!! That's awesome. I only wish Soxfest was like that.

TornLabrum
01-26-2007, 07:56 AM
I guess mine will be the first post to say officially that I'm on my way. I'll be leaving here in about five minutes to go set up our booth. Don't forget to stop by and pull a pencil. There should be plenty this year since Wilkes isn't going to be spending $500.00 just so he can get a Rob Mackowiak autographed mini-helmet. :redneck

SoxMom
01-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Just hope that everyone that is going has a good time. :D:

Scottiehaswheels
01-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone willing to take a flier on how many people will be in attendance each day? I'm guessing 5-6k Friday/Sunday. Maybe up to 8k on Saturday?

cbone
01-26-2007, 09:31 AM

It was my good fortune to be able to attend this event last night. It was incredible. You were given a ball and a cap upon arrival. The guest list was only 200 people. Almost all the players there were except A.J. and Thome. Everyone was friendly and very nice when it came to autographs and pictures.

Jenks looks great, stayed in shape. Erstadt (sp) and Aardsma (sp) very nice guys, no one really bothered them because they were new faces. Greg Walker was by our table the whole night. It was cool to hear him welcome them to the team.
The minute Kenny walked in he and Ozzie went into a room for a talk. Buehrle was there with his parents, his Dad looks just like him. An incredible evening for a very lucky Sox fan.

ewokpelts
01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Right On!! That's awesome. I only wish Soxfest was like that.it can be, if you spend 20 grand a year on the sox for just one scout seat

ewokpelts
01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
I just went on an hour long treasure hunt downtown looking for a couple of Rawlings baseballs to take to the fest tomorrow.

The Target on Roosevelt was sold out, so I called Sports Authority on LaSalle. The guy on the phone said he had two cases. So I drive to the store, park on the side, go up to the 5th floor, and he can't find the balls. We go downstairs to check what happened, and it turns out someone just came into the store 15 minutes before me and purchased two cases of these. The empty boxes were sitting on the floor behind the cashier.if you need balls, come by the booth today. I'll make sure you have enough(our booth partner usually brings plenty of balls)

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 09:35 AM
It was my good fortune to be able to attend this event last night. It was incredible. You were given a ball and a cap upon arrival. The guest list was only 200 people. Almost all the players there were except A.J. and Thome. Everyone was friendly and very nice when it came to autographs and pictures.

Jenks looks great, stayed in shape. Erstadt (sp) and Aardsma (sp) very nice guys, no one really bothered them because they were new faces. Greg Walker was by our table the whole night. It was cool to hear him welcome them to the team.
The minute Kenny walked in he and Ozzie went into a room for a talk. Buehrle was there with his parents, his Dad looks just like him. An incredible evening for a very lucky Sox fan.

Damn, that sounds awesome! This is what SoxFest should be like.

jenn2080
01-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I guess mine will be the first post to say officially that I'm on my way. I'll be leaving here in about five minutes to go set up our booth. Don't forget to stop by and pull a pencil. There should be plenty this year since Wilkes isn't going to be spending $500.00 just so he can get a Rob Mackowiak autographed mini-helmet. :redneck

Way to let the secret out about Wilkes love for Rob:redneck

Brian26
01-26-2007, 11:11 AM
if you need balls, come by the booth today. I'll make sure you have enough(our booth partner usually brings plenty of balls)

This is probably the guy that bought out the Sports Authority store on LaSalle last night :D:

ewokpelts
01-26-2007, 11:18 AM
This is probably the guy that bought out the Sports Authority store on LaSalle last night :D:actually, he knows a guy at a north side tar-jet....bought a bunch last year....the ones in the free cube

Brian26
01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
actually, he knows a guy at a north side tar-jet....bought a bunch last year....the ones in the free cube

Correct...the acrylic cube with the black holder inside with the MLB logo.

esbrechtel
01-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I went to a couple soxfests and it never fails when i dont go to one thats when Ventura and Burls show up :whiner:

Iwritecode
01-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I went to a couple soxfests and it never fails when i dont go to one thats when Ventura and Burls show up :whiner:

I met Mark the second year I went. It does suck that I'm going to miss Ventura this year. I also missed Bo Jackson the year he suprised everyone by just showing up and sitting down next to Rowand to start signing stuff.

INSox56
01-26-2007, 01:15 PM

I hated last year for that reason. There were like a hundred people downstairs at the two doors waiting for players to come back from dinner saturday night. It was sheer insanity...kids in the bar....yes, kids in the bar looking for autographs. With crap like last year happening, I chose to sit this year out. Hope for some reassuring reports from people at SF this year....

soxwon
01-26-2007, 01:25 PM
look for me at soxfest
ill bring the nametags likle last year
look for "soxwon" or "da reverand" on my tag
ill set you up with a tag.

crazyozzie02
01-26-2007, 01:51 PM
i know the Erstad is going to be at soxfest today, espically to adress the media, but does anyone know if he is going to be there all weekend or signing autographs?

Jaffar
01-26-2007, 01:51 PM
look for me at soxfest
ill bring the nametags likle last year
look for "soxwon" or "da reverand" on my tag
ill set you up with a tag.

Have a Jaffar ready and hopefully I'll run into you. What bar did everybody decide to go to?

skottyj242
01-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Supposedly there's a huge line already.

Iwritecode
01-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Supposedly there's a huge line already.

:o:

skottyj242
01-26-2007, 02:13 PM
:o:

Nope. I just talked to someone in line and it's pretty long.

Iwritecode
01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Nope. I just talked to someone in line and it's pretty long.

Considering the long stretched all the way outside last year, I'm sure a lot of people are getting there early.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-26-2007, 06:42 PM
If someone can ask Boyer if Nancy Faust will be allowed back this season and if so for how many games I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Domeshot17
01-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Good Session for a Friday. Only able to get AJ, but focused on him because he was a 1 day show. Got some awesome game used hats for 5-20 bucks (Iguchi Brian Anderson Baines and Pods) and got my gf a framed and marbled pods 8 x 10 of his game 2 walk off. Looking forward to a few hours of sleep and back in line early tomorrow morning.