View Full Version : Jeter's glove stolen by teammate

MattSharp
03-12-2002, 08:16 AM
Wow. Now I have seen everything......

Ruben Rivera stole Derek Jeter's glove

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0312/1349875.html

foulkesfan11
03-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Like he couldn't afford another one? Come on. Derek Jeter is a butthole anyway. He deserved it.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Like he couldn't afford another one? Come on. Derek Jeter is a butthole anyway. He deserved it.

This is so damned stupid. Where exactly did they find Jeter's glove? Let me guess! It was threaded through the handlebar of the thief's bicycle, right? I bet if they check his locker, they'll find contraband chewing gum and snuff, too!

Time for a parent-teacher conference!

:gulp:

bjmarte
03-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

This is so damned stupid. Where exactly did they find Jeter's glove? Let me guess! It was threaded through the handlebar of the thief's bicycle, right? I bet if they check his locker, they'll find contraband chewing gum and snuff, too!

Time for a parent-teacher conference!

:gulp:

LOL. Probably chewing gum cigarettes and playing cards with naked women on them.

RedPinStripes
03-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte

LOL. Probably chewing gum cigarettes and playing cards with naked women on them.

Old love letters from mariah carry? :D:

duke of dorwood
03-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Jayson Williams was seen wiping those handlebars too

voodoochile
03-12-2002, 11:00 AM
So he sells the glove for $2300 and it ends up costing him $800,000 in guaranteed salary...

Who says pro athletes aren't smart?

Man we may need a new bus tag - the shortbus. Rivera definitely gets an honor seat on that baby, but make sure he has a seat to himself so the other players don't have to worry about him stealing their lunch...

Some players may get seats on both buses - Nate Newton would be a candidate for double enshrinement based on his decision to buy even more illegal substances within days of being busted for the first purchase.

Sheesh, what exactly are they teaching in "hiring an agent 101 and other future pro-athlete's needs" these days?

Cheryl
03-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Ruben Rivera stole Derek Jeter's glove

Does he have to go be a Cub now?

VeeckAsInWreck
03-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

Does he have to go be a Cub now?

I guess he could sign with the Sox. It's not like he'll hurt us by stealing Frank Thomas' glove! :smile:

:hurt
"What's a glove?"