PDA

View Full Version : what about pablo

ChiSoxFan7
01-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I am neither a pods fan nor a pods basher. but i am wondering if we have pablo playing Lf, i understand our D takes a huge (and that argueable) nose dive but i am still wondering what do you think a lineup like

Ozuna LF
Iguchi 2B
JD RF
Konerko 1B
Thome DH
Crede---- 3B
AJ --- C All subject to swicthing among themselves
BA------ CF
Uribe SS

would be like

But i actually wish that pods would return to '05 form cuz im a big believer in the top of the order deciding the game.

Edit: But, what do you all think about Pablo?

Scottiehaswheels
01-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Pablo pre-leg injury no doubt would have been an improvement over Pods last year... But both hurt/healthy I have to say Pods...

KyWhiSoxFan
01-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Have you seen Pablo play left? Yikes. He's worse than Pods. No thanks to Pablo in left. I hate to see him out there even in a spot start.

ChiSoxFan7
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
the sox have solid defense all the way around....

so having one weak spot sucks i understand, but what im speaking more of the offensive things (this is all assuming he comes back from the injury) but he can always get the bunt down, squeeze play, it just seems, to me, that with his lucky or skilled plays (whatever you would like to call them) he should get some consideration at starting or splitting time at a roation of 3B LF and maybe even SS, but that's real real real questionable for the last one.

oeo
01-19-2007, 07:41 PM
1) Pablo is not an outfielder.
2) Pablo is most definitely not an everyday player.

Don't get me wrong, Pablo was great last year...but that was off the bench; where he needs to stay if we want him to continue to be successful.

FedEx227
01-19-2007, 07:41 PM
He's one of the better bench players in the league. Let's keep it that way.

itsnotrequired
01-19-2007, 07:45 PM
What about Pablo? He should stay on the bench and stay out of the outfield.

jenn2080
01-19-2007, 08:18 PM
While I have to say that Pablo may have made a little improvement in the outfield from the start of the 06 season, he still is a bench player and not very good in the outfield. Unfortunately I will have to take Tinker Pods over Pablo.

I will say though Pablo is a stud though.

01-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Did Pablo play winter ball? If not, he should have to improve his OF skills. His offense, speed and intensity is impressive, but I'd rather have my 4 yr old son in the OF

soxwon
01-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I am neither a pods fan nor a pods basher. but i am wondering if we have pablo playing Lf, i understand our D takes a huge (and that argueable) nose dive but i am still wondering what do you think a lineup like

Ozuna LF
Iguchi 2B
JD RF
Konerko 1B
Thome DH
Crede---- 3B
AJ --- C All subject to swicthing among themselves
BA------ CF
Uribe SS

would be like

But i actually wish that pods would return to '05 form cuz im a big believer in the top of the order deciding the game.

Edit: But, what do you all think about Pablo?

i think pods will bounce back this year, give him a chance.

Brian26
01-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Pablo is not an everyday mlb player. Let's leave it at that.

soxinem1
01-20-2007, 07:08 AM
What about Pablo? He should stay on the bench and stay out of the outfield.

http://www.punditguy.com/images/photo69.jpg

'You can make book on that, Buddy!