PDA

View Full Version : Very thorough article on offseason moves, CLE love again

caulfield12
01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9939587

Thought the Paris Hilton quote was a good one. The funniest column he wrote, though, was the one ripping on the M's front office/ownership group. He still got a shot in on them this time about keeping Grover Hargrove around.

Nothing much about the Sox, kudos for getting Garcia out of town before his impending free agency.

I really think we should give Shapiro the GM of the year award already.

Hernandez, Borowski, Foulke, Fultz, trading for Barfield, Delucci, Trot Nixon...of course, the odds are equally high the only player we'll remember 2 years from now being with Cleveland is Barfield. The Indians sure got "old" in a hurry.

UserNameBlank
01-20-2007, 07:37 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9939587

Thought the Paris Hilton quote was a good one. The funniest column he wrote, though, was the one ripping on the M's front office/ownership group. He still got a shot in on them this time about keeping Grover Hargrove around.

Nothing much about the Sox, kudos for getting Garcia out of town before his impending free agency.

I really think we should give Shapiro the GM of the year award already.

Hernandez, Borowski, Foulke, Fultz, trading for Barfield, Delucci, Trot Nixon...of course, the odds are equally high the only player we'll remember 2 years from now being with Cleveland is Barfield. The Indians sure got "old" in a hurry.

I like what the Indians did, at least from theur perspective. They brought in OF bench/starting depth in Dellucci and Nixon, traded for Barfield, and took fliers on a bunch of bullpen guys in low risk/high reward situations. If even one or two of Borowski/Foulke does well the Tribe will be able to keep that player or trade him for younger arms, so it is a win-win situation. If these guys fail, so what? Odds are at least one team will want them around the deadline even if they suck, so they could always dump them without eating a ton fo salary.

Also, this frees up the Indians to trade Blake who could bring in a nice return. It will also be interesting to see if they ship off Westbrook before the deadline.