PDA

View Full Version : Sox Jeopardy

kermittheefrog
03-12-2002, 12:53 AM
What exactly is the intent of that article? If it's to poke fun then it's funny, if it's supposed to hit any kind of logical note about the Sox this year then it fails, bigtime. If you try hard enough you can do this to every contending team. Are we supposed to be surprised that every Sox player isn't 100% complete and doesn't excel in every component of the game? From Mark Liptak's attitude in this column the Yankees should be trembling in their boots about Jason Giambi's lack of speed, Derek Jeter's shoddy defense and Rondell White's fragility.

RichH55
03-12-2002, 01:11 AM
Grass is always greener............

PaleHoseGeorge
03-12-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
What exactly is the intent of that article? If it's to poke fun then it's funny, if it's supposed to hit any kind of logical note about the Sox this year then it fails, bigtime....

Did the writer mention OPS even one time? Obviously it was meant to poke fun. Sox Jeopardy? Come on!

Kermie, isn't there a copy of the Baseball Prospectus somewhere around your house waiting to be read, and read, and read again? Lighten up...

:)

duke of dorwood
03-12-2002, 11:00 AM
That was very creative and took lots of work. Enjoyed it very much

ma-gaga
03-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Did it bother anyone else that for "Final Jeopordy" he asked a question instead of an answer?

CubKilla
03-12-2002, 11:57 AM
I think the intent of the article is to show that, on paper, the White Sox should run away with the division. But, in a clever way, the article shows that for a team that should win the AL Central, there are more questions than answers. I thought the JR and KW parts were the best though.

kermittheefrog
03-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Did the writer mention OPS even one time? Obviously it was meant to poke fun. Sox Jeopardy? Come on!

Kermie, isn't there a copy of the Baseball Prospectus somewhere around your house waiting to be read, and read, and read again? Lighten up...

:)

Hey Liptak seemed like a pretty negative, cynical guy when he posted here. I can take a joke but knowing where it's coming from...

PaleHoseGeorge
03-12-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Hey Liptak seemed like a pretty negative, cynical guy when he posted here. I can take a joke but knowing where it's coming from...

You're right. We need you for optimism, Kermie.

Go get 'em!

:gulp:

bc2k
03-13-2002, 04:58 PM
As David Letterman would say, "I wish I had those 5 minutes of my life back."