PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Sports Super Sale: TODAY ONLY: Ozzie 2005 WS Autogrphed Ball.

ewokpelts
01-18-2007, 11:50 AM
RE-OFFERED!

WAS 129.00..NOW 54.99

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/product/~pcategory=1001/~category=SPECIAL_VALUE/~pid=GUILBAS000002

Steiner is top of the line. I have bought from them before. They also have a bunch of other 2005 WS items for sale in thier outlet section.

Gene

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/p/01/225/01225_guilbas000002.jpg

bryPt
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
AJ ball for $59.99!

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/product/~pcategory=1001/~category=3098/~pid=PIERBAS000001

ewokpelts
01-18-2007, 12:41 PM
oh, almost forgot.
I f you have american express points, you can get pretty much all steiner stuff through thier point redeption system, and you can earn bonus points if you pay for the items on your amex.

palehosepub
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Get an additional 10% off if you use this discount code: ESPN10

You can really get a good deal, many white sox items are 50% off plus an additional 10% off by using the coupon code!!

esbrechtel
01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
jenks photo for 44 bucks including shipping... :supernana:

Scottiehaswheels
01-18-2007, 07:34 PM
anyone know any other discount codes to use on that site?

Elvisfan1977
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/p/01/225/01225_credbas000000.jpg

This is on the way.

Brian26
01-19-2007, 09:59 PM
http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/p/01/225/01225_credbas000000.jpg

This is on the way.

How much did that cost you?

Crede's signature has changed much over the years.

Standing Ovation
01-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Can someone explain to me the desire to buy an autograph? I'm not trying to start **** or anything, but I just don't get it.

ewokpelts
01-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Can someone explain to me the desire to buy an autograph? I'm not trying to start **** or anything, but I just don't get it.You're right. It's stupid, especially if you like waiting in a line to get a wristband to wait in another line for an autograph. Sometimes for several hours.

Gene

ewokpelts
01-20-2007, 12:45 AM

Crede's signature has changed much over the years.assuming he bought it at steiner, $70.
Gene

TheCommander
01-20-2007, 01:11 AM

Crede's signature has changed much over the years.

I have 3 Crede autographs-1 ball signed at SoxFest '05,1 certified card and 1 card signed at a game in 2005. The ball and certified look much like the example shown here, but the one he signed at the game looks so different you would swear it is fake.

AJ Hellraiser
01-20-2007, 01:27 AM
I have 3 Crede autographs-1 ball signed at SoxFest '05,1 certified card and 1 card signed at a game in 2005. The ball and certified look much like the example shown here, but the one he signed at the game looks so different you would swear it is fake.

I used to work in the sports memorabilia industry at a retail store in Buffalo Grove... one thing I came to learn is that when athletes are being paid to sign they take more time and make their signature look better (he was being paid for his time by Steiner and the card company)... when they aren't being paid and just doing it "out of the goodness of their heart" at a game it gets sloppier cuz they are in a rush and really don't want to be doing it...

Domeshot17
01-20-2007, 02:37 AM
Steiner quality is top notch, but you can get similiar items (crede world series ball etc) off Ebay for much cheaper. I like everything I have from Steiner, but no more then the other autographs I have gotten off Ebay.

ewokpelts
01-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Steiner quality is top notch, but you can get similiar items (crede world series ball etc) off Ebay for much cheaper. I like everything I have from Steiner, but no more then the other autographs I have gotten off Ebay.the ebay stuff is shaky at best.....you gotta have a lotta proof to even consider dumping money on ebay for autos...if you go the steiner route, you're gunna get thier hologram, as well as mlb's.
I'd also go with mounted memories or scwartz sports.
Gene

ewokpelts
03-14-2007, 12:21 PM
They have offered the Ozzie ball again for a deep discount. Instead of 49.99, it's 54.99 now.

Gene

soxfan43
03-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up, they have some great stuff on there.

ewokpelts
03-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up, they have some great stuff on there.there's a 10% off coupon when you register for thier site

WhiteSoxFan84
03-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I have a 2005 All-Star Game ball signed by Scott Podsednik, Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, and Jon Garland (our 4 All-Stars from that year).

How much do you guys think it's worth? Some dude at a collectibles shop told me about $300. I think he was trying to lowball me. Must've been a Bears employee. :D:

Iwritecode
03-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Can someone explain to me the desire to buy an autograph? I'm not trying to start **** or anything, but I just don't get it.

You're right. It's stupid, especially if you like waiting in a line to get a wristband to wait in another line for an autograph. Sometimes for several hours.

Gene

I don't get it either. An autographed ball (like many other things) is only worth as much as you can get somebody to pay for it.

At least when you go through the trouble of getting the auto yourself, whether at Soxfest or just because you see the player somewhere else, you get to meet and interact with the player if only for a few seconds.

The ball I had Everett sign in the bar at the Hyatt during Soxfest a couple of years ago is worth a lot more (at least to me) than some ball that I would have to pay $50+ for.

ewokpelts
03-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I have a 2005 All-Star Game ball signed by Scott Podsednik, Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, and Jon Garland (our 4 All-Stars from that year).

How much do you guys think it's worth? Some dude at a collectibles shop told me about $300. I think he was trying to lowball me. Must've been a Bears employee. :D:How'd u get it? Is there a COA or mlb hologram?
Without looking at it, it's probably in the 250-350 range, depending on what paperwork you have.

IlliniSox4Life
03-15-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't get it either. An autographed ball (like many other things) is only worth as much as you can get somebody to pay for it.

At least when you go through the trouble of getting the auto yourself, whether at Soxfest or just because you see the player somewhere else, you get to meet and interact with the player if only for a few seconds.

The ball I had Everett sign in the bar at the Hyatt during Soxfest a couple of years ago is worth a lot more (at least to me) than some ball that I would have to pay $50+ for.

To me, part of the appeal is having a piece of history to connect you to some memories. It's along the same lines of keeping ticket stubs or taking pictures of yourself at a game.

Sure an autographed ball that you got yourself is a lot better than one you paid for, but some people just don't have the time or ability to get one on their own.

That said, I don't really own many autographs. I've gotten a few in person from bands I've seen, and bought a few 8x10s off ebay for like 5-10 bucks each. I got the 8x10s to decorate my room, and it was much like buying a poster or print. The prices weren't much different. Until I get a job where I have plenty of disposable income, I wont be spending 50-100 bucks on autographed balls. Not to mention needing the income to afford a residence that allows me to display them. Autographs sitting in a box in the closet are worthless.