PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan actually wrote something humorous

caulfield12
01-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Hendry denies the Cubs' offer was meant as a slap at Prior, once regarded as a cornerstone of the team's future. After all, he can't afford to have Prior on the disabled list with a swollen cheek.

chicagosports.com

AuroraSoxFan
01-18-2007, 10:06 AM
That was pretty funny. Didn't get the title of the article though. Was titled something like "Prior doesn't deserve pay cut." If he could have come up with some points to defend that statement I wouldn't mind. But he really didn't have any. Don't know how you can go 1-6 with an ERA in the 7's and ask for a raise. I'd be happy to have a job period if I were him.

SBSoxFan
01-18-2007, 11:50 AM
That was pretty funny. Didn't get the title of the article though. Was titled something like "Prior doesn't deserve pay cut." If he could have come up with some points to defend that statement I wouldn't mind. But he really didn't have any. Don't know how you can go 1-6 with an ERA in the 7's and ask for a raise. I'd be happy to have a job period if I were him.

In Phil's defense :?:, he did address this ... kind of. He wrote that Prior asking for a raise based on his previous season's performance would be ludicrous in a normal work environemnent, but that MLB is not normal.