View Full Version : "Big" news for Twins

BlackAndWhite
01-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Matthew LeCroy back with the Twins

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/16474552.htm

Let the fat jokes begin...

soltrain21
01-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I am sure he will hit .280 and get more clutch hits against the Sox than anyone else.

Man....I hate the Twins.

chisoxmike
01-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I am sure he will hit .280 and get more clutch hits against the Sox than anyone else.

Man....I hate the Twins.

Yep, he will be in a 0-50 slump, but in a tie game in the 9th, he would hit a home run to win the game against us, just like every other ****er that puts on that ****ty uniform.

caulfield12
01-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Yep, he will be in a 0-50 slump, but in a tie game in the 9th, he would hit a home run to win the game against us, just like every other ****er that puts on that ****ty uniform.

NO, that's Denny Hocking. Or Jose Offerman.

Malgar 12
01-17-2007, 12:49 PM

Don't forget Nick Punto!

chisoxmike
01-17-2007, 12:53 PM

No, it's all of them.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Isn't this the guy that had to be taken out of the Nationals game because he let passed ball after passed ball go by? Then the manager cried at the post game conference. If it is, I'm surprised he's still playing.

areilly
01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Isn't this the guy that had to be taken out of the Nationals game because he let passed ball after passed ball go by? Then the manager cried at the post game conference. If it is, I'm surprised he's still playing.

He was pulled after giving up seven stolen bases in a game against the Astros and committing two throwing errors while trying to nail them.

Frank Robinson was the one letting the tears flow because he felt so bad having to put a veteran player through that. Pretty intense press conference, as I recall.

palehozenychicty
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM
No, it's all of them.

What he said. You knew, just knew that they would fold like a tablecloth when the playoffs started. :angry:

itsnotrequired
01-17-2007, 04:59 PM
He was pulled after giving up seven stolen bases in a game against the Astros and committing two throwing errors while trying to nail them.

Frank Robinson was the one letting the tears flow because he felt so bad having to put a veteran player through that. Pretty intense press conference, as I recall.

That was an intense press conference. IIRC, he actually pulled him while a guy was batting. It wasn't even between batters!

PennStater98r
01-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm just waiting for the Twins to get Mike Sweeney for only for the series against the Sox.

caulfield12
01-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm just waiting for the Twins to get Mike Sweeney for only for the series against the Sox.

Mr. Teahen is the one who owned us last year.

DumpJerry
01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
So, what will be the larger number: LeCroy's batting average or his weight?

I'm betting weight.

Whitesox029
01-17-2007, 08:17 PM
So, what will be the larger number: LeCroy's batting average or his weight?

I'm betting weight.
His weight will be higher of course, but you've forgotten that he's on the Twins. Once that's taken into consideration, he will weigh 310 pounds by April, and then hit 300. And finish higher than Dye in MVP voting.

Jerksticks
01-17-2007, 09:28 PM
hey are Teahan, Lecroy, Punto, Sweeney thorns in the side of any other AL Central teams? I guess we cant know because we aren't from those cities.

But how bout this...which Sox players can you recall being thorns in the side of a certain team? (think outside the Pierzyinski).

I think Crede pisses the Tigers off every time he comes to bat.

What else?

caulfield12
01-17-2007, 09:31 PM
His weight will be higher of course, but you've forgotten that he's on the Twins. Once that's taken into consideration, he will weigh 310 pounds by April, and then hit 300. And finish higher than Dye in MVP voting.

Ken Harvey is the most likely candidate to become this hitting his weight player...

btrain929
01-17-2007, 10:36 PM
hey are Teahan, Lecroy, Punto, Sweeney thorns in the side of any other AL Central teams? I guess we cant know because we aren't from those cities.

But how bout this...which Sox players can you recall being thorns in the side of a certain team? (think outside the Pierzyinski).

What else?

Cintron and i believe, the Indians?? Back to back game winners? Was it Cleveland? I think so.

ondafarm
01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Good for Matt LeCroy. He's a good player and deserves a few more years in the majors.

FedEx227
01-17-2007, 11:49 PM

What else?

I'm sure the Astros (not AL Central but what the hell) aren't too keen on Paul Konerko.

DumpJerry
01-17-2007, 11:51 PM

What else?
Don't seat Ozzie with the Twins at your next dinner party. Buehrle owns the Twins and Tribe.

Zisk77
01-18-2007, 10:54 AM
1. Cintron back to back game winners against the tigers not Tribe.
2. sweeney kills us every year teahen just last year.
3. I think they should make Mauer DH and have LeCroy the everday catcher!:D:
4. I think the twinkies lead the world in scratch infield hits. I so can't wait until they play outside on grass again. They may never win another game that Santana doen't pitch. :redneck

spiffie
01-18-2007, 11:17 AM

Obviously this can't measure the ability to always get the hit at the right time, but a little comparison through career OPS:

Teahen: CHW - 835, CLE - 978, DET - 803, MIN - 530 (more RBI against Sox than any other team.)

Sweeney: CHW - 966, CLE - 917, DET - 887, MIN - 935 (More RBI and HR against Sox than any other team)

Punto: CHW - 648, CLE - 774, DET - 710, KC - 662

LeCroy: CHI - 729, CLE - 731, DET - 1002, KC - 840