PDA

View Full Version : Single Game Tickets

balz1472
01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Any idea when single-game tickets go onsale?

waldo_the_wolf
01-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Going off of years past, usually the first saturday of March.

sox1970
01-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Brooks Boyer was on White Sox Weekly this past Saturday. He mentioned very quickly that single game tickets would be available "mid February".

Harry Potter
01-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Going off of years past, usually the first saturday of March.

Or based on last year, the third friday of February

soxwon
01-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Or based on last year, the third friday of February

my ticket guy says middle of feb for SEASONS ticket holders presale.
March for others.

FedEx227
01-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Ouch, that hurts. I really wanted to snag up some Monday games, try and make it an every week thing.

itsnotrequired
01-18-2007, 05:56 AM
my ticket guy says middle of feb for SEASONS ticket holders presale.
March for others.

So would presale be open to ST holders for two whole weeks? I can't imagine the Sox doing that.

ewokpelts
01-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Ouch, that hurts. I really wanted to snag up some Monday games, try and make it an every week thing.
why not grab the ozzie plan then? you can get all the mondays in one shot, as well as cubs/opener

FedEx227
01-18-2007, 12:33 PM
why not grab the ozzie plan then? you can get all the mondays in one shot, as well as cubs/opener

I tried, but the necessity to grab the "prime" and "premier" games really screwed it up and put the price a bit too high. I'm still thinking about it though, I'd just hate to drop $400 on tickets and have my friend (co-season ticket holder) back out and not want to pay.

ewokpelts
01-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I tried, but the necessity to grab the "prime" and "premier" games really screwed it up and put the price a bit too high. I'm still thinking about it though, I'd just hate to drop $400 on tickets and have my friend (co-season ticket holder) back out and not want to pay.
I bought all mondays, one cub and opener, with a few "regular" games for 178 a person.

itsnotrequired
01-18-2007, 01:25 PM

I bought all mondays, one cub and opener, with a few "regular" games for 178 a person.

I'm with Gene on this one. Where is it necessary to buy Prime/Premier games? The Cubs series is the only one that you "have" to get that is above regular price. If you are talking about just Mondays, there are three Monday games this season that are not half-price (Premier on Opening Day, Tigers and Yankees) but these would be Premier whether you bought them with an Ozzie Plan or as a single game ticket.

:dunno:

FedEx227
01-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I suppose. I got a lot of other expenses coming up, along with the whole being in college and supporting myself thing. So we'll see. I'd love to do it and might just finally bunker down.

God damnit you guys, made a call to my friend and we are working everything out. DAMN YOU!!

thinkmcgyver
01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Does anybody know if there is a limit to how many ticket you can buy to each game?

itsnotrequired
01-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Does anybody know if there is a limit to how many ticket you can buy to each game?

Last year it was 19. Beyond that, the Sox consider you a group and you need to get those tickets through the Sox and not TicketMaster.

I imagine it will be the same policy this season.

FedEx227
01-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Quick question: Is Ozzie Plan season tickets enough to get you down on the lower concourse before the game? (I'd be buying mostly Upper Reserved tix)

itsnotrequired
01-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Quick question: Is Ozzie Plan season tickets enough to get you down on the lower concourse before the game? (I'd be buying mostly Upper Reserved tix)

No.

Beer Can Chicken
01-18-2007, 09:00 PM

I agree. I don't see much of a point in buying the Ozzie Plan without playoff options unless A)You plan on getting lower deck seats or B)you pick all the premier/prime games you can get your hands on.
It's not like the season is sold-out, you'll easily be able to go to other games pretty much at will and probably for cheaper if you try hard enough.

chisoxfanatic
01-18-2007, 09:03 PM

You have to have either the 27-game or full season plan for this to apply. Your Ozzie Plan tickets won't have the same appearance as the forementioned two plans. It will look very similar to those tickets issued by Ticketmaster.

I'll definitely buy up tickets for the rest of that Red Sox series...Haven't heard from my ticket rep on the exact date tickets to for sale for us season ticket holders. If it is, in fact, mid-February, while the general public gets dibs on tickets in early March (mentioned here earlier), it might be very hard for those non-ST holders to get tickets to non-Devil Ray/Royals games.q

itsnotrequired
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree. I don't see much of a point in buying the Ozzie Plan without playoff options unless A)You plan on getting lower deck seats or B)you pick all the premier/prime games you can get your hands on.
It's not like the season is sold-out, you'll easily be able to go to other games pretty much at will and probably for cheaper if you try hard enough.

But this is the exact audience the Ozzie Plan is targeted at. If you just want to be at some games this season and don't care who the opponent is or where you sit, then the Ozzie Plan probably isn't for you. You want Opening Day? You want Cubs games? You want lower deck Yankees and Red Sox? This is the way to go.

Beer Can Chicken
01-18-2007, 09:12 PM
But this is the exact audience the Ozzie Plan is targeted at. If you just want to be at some games this season and don't care who the opponent is or where you sit, then the Ozzie Plan probably isn't for you. You want Opening Day? You want Cubs games? You want lower deck Yankees and Red Sox? This is the way to go.

Absolutely.