PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training question..

JermaineDye05
01-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Well so this year I'll be attending my first ST games (Cubs/Sox and an undertermined one atm). I was just wondering what can I expect, I would of course love to get as many autographs as possible, are there usually many players around willing to sign or are most of them busy. I know the games won't be as good as the regular season ones but still should be fun.

MarySwiss
01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Well so this year I'll be attending my first ST games (Cubs/Sox and an undertermined one atm). I was just wondering what can I expect, I would of course love to get as many autographs as possible, are there usually many players around willing to sign or are most of them busy. I know the games won't be as good as the regular season ones but still should be fun.

Depends. Regarding their accessibility once the games start, others can answer this better than I can. Check Sox Clubhouse for Spring Training info from now on.

If you get down here before the first ST game, the final workout weekend is a great opportunity for autographs. The whole crew is there, and they are usually pretty accessible. You'll typically have to wait until the end of practice, though.

This post assumes you're talking about Tucson. About Ho-Ho-Kam--the Cubs park--I have no idea.

Hope this helps!

maurice
01-16-2007, 09:30 PM
You can get plenty of autographs if you get there while the players are warming up, call them politely by name, and station yourself on the OF side of the dugout. At TEP, that would be near the tarp on the 1B side. If you want autographs from players you've heard of but can't immediately recognize, print up a roster with the player's names / numbers.

It also helps if you are a cute kid or a smoking hot woman. If you can't pull that off, find one and stand next to him / her.
:cool: