PDA

View Full Version : Double Play ST Holders Out Again

soxdolly
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Any other double play st holders mad about not getting opening day as part of their plan? :mad: I know its the weekend package but last year when the opener was on Sunday, we got Tuesday. This year it is on Monday and we get Wednesday! Bless their hearts that we get to order opening day tickets in advance but good luck with that. Last year I got two tickets to opening night by complaining because they were sold out at 10:10 a.m. Don't you think st holders would want to go to the opener?

Kuzman
01-16-2007, 01:24 PM
You can pick them up a week prior through having season tickets. I have a DP plan myself and plan on doing that. You would have nothing but ST holders for the Opening night if all the DP plans were there as well

itsnotrequired
01-16-2007, 01:26 PM
You can pick them up a week prior through having season tickets. I have a DP plan myself and plan on doing that. You would have nothing but ST holders for the Opening night if all the DP plans were there as well

Really? I never heard of this before.

NorthSideSox72
01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Any other double play st holders mad about not getting opening day as part of their plan? :mad: I know its the weekend package but last year when the opener was on Sunday, we got Tuesday. This year it is on Monday and we get Wednesday! Bless their hearts that we get to order opening day tickets in advance but good luck with that. Last year I got two tickets to opening night by complaining because they were sold out at 10:10 a.m. Don't you think st holders would want to go to the opener?
Opening Day has gone to the weekday plan for a few years now, and it says so on the promotional information. The weekend plan gets 2 Cubs games instead of one, not to mention fireworks and all that jazz. I'd say it evens out.

chisoxmike
01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Opening day 2006 was ORIGINALLY scheduled on a Monday when the schedules came out and when the 27-game packages went on sale last year. Therefore, they couldn't take opening day out of the Hit & Run when ESPN picked up the game and changed it to a Sunday night game.

They want to give you at least the option of attending a opening series game. It is not fair to Hit&Run holders to not get opening day in their package since that is one of the games that has been included. After all, it is a weekday game package, whereas the Double Play is a weekend package.

skottyj242
01-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Me neither. Last year ST holders could buy them the day before, not up to a week.

itsnotrequired
01-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Me neither. Last year ST holders could buy them the day before, not up to a week.

I understand that ST holders used to fax in a form to get Opening Day tickets but last year was TM and I'm guessing it will be that way again this year and for many years to come...

SoxFan78
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Another reason opening night sold out so fast was because it was the Flag Ceremony night. Hottest ticket in town. This years opening day will be sold out, but I doubt if the demand for this years ticket will surpass last years demand.

If you are a ST holder, I wouldn't worry, there should be plenty of opening day tickets available to you in the pre-sale.

Kuzman
01-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Sorry. Day not week.

thegooch
01-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Another reason opening night sold out so fast was because it was the Flag Ceremony night. Hottest ticket in town. This years opening day will be sold out, but I doubt if the demand for this years ticket will surpass last years demand.

If you are a ST holder, I wouldn't worry, there should be plenty of opening day tickets available to you in the pre-sale.

Agreed...There will be demand, but nothing like last year. The pre-sale will suffice in getting OD tix.

skobabe8
01-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Opening day 2006 was ORIGINALLY scheduled on a Monday when the schedules came out and when the 27-game packages went on sale last year. Therefore, they couldn't take opening day out of the Hit & Run when ESPN picked up the game and changed it to a Sunday night game.

They want to give you at least the option of attending a opening series game. It is not fair to Hit&Run holders to not get opening day in their package since that is one of the games that has been included. After all, it is a weekday game package, whereas the Double Play is a weekend package.

Well said, sir.