HotelWhiteSox
01-11-2007, 09:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2728273

$35 in right field, I'd be all over that, just don't tell Bobby

itsnotrequired
01-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Damn, that includes the ticket to the game? That's a hell of a deal!

ILuvThatDuck
01-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Uhhh Ohhh.....my heart just stopped......

There it goes............

This is a fat mans dream.

Now if I can only figure out how much I would have to eat to come out ahead when I figure in the $1000 weekend cost to travel there.

SABRSox
01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, I know where I'll be spending a lot of my time this summer...

TornLabrum
01-11-2007, 10:12 PM
When's the next flight to LA?

QCIASOXFAN
01-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Here I come LA!:yoohoo:

dcb56
01-11-2007, 10:36 PM
This gimmick's got nothing on White Sox patio parties. Granted, with the Sox you can't gorge yourself in your seat during the game, but you do get a better selection of food and as much beer as you care to drink for not that much more money.

FedEx227
01-11-2007, 10:43 PM
This gimmick's got nothing on White Sox patio parties. Granted, with the Sox you can't gorge yourself in your seat during the game, but you do get a better selection of food and as much beer as you care to drink for not that much more money.

Let's see:

season ticket price vs. $35

Winner: $35

chaerulez
01-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Let's see:

season ticket price vs. $35

Winner: $35

Agreed. This is a hell of a deal.

voodoochile
01-11-2007, 11:29 PM
It'll be the next class action suit. Morbidly obese Dodger fans Vs. MLB.

"I was helpless, they kept shoving hot dogs at me. It was awful awful awful..."

lakeviewsoxfan
01-11-2007, 11:39 PM
This has Bill Veecks name written all over it!

thomas35forever
01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
A baseball fan's Heaven!:D:

Scottiehaswheels
01-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I think its more of a gimmick to make the people actually sit in their seats the whole game, instead of em all leaving in the 7th or whatever... get em all big and fat and they won't wanna move... :D:

lakeviewsoxfan
01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I think its more of a gimmick to make the people actually sit in their seats the whole game, instead of em all leaving in the 7th or whatever... get em all big and fat and they won't wanna move... :D:

I heard that has become popular in that town:redneck

voodoochile
01-12-2007, 12:31 AM
I heard that has become popular in that town:redneck

Actually, the way people eat in LA, this might not be such a bad thing. Everyone is dieting out there. Better to look good than feel good. How much can this cost them really?

Your average Hollywood starlet wannabe will eat half a hotdog, puke it up between innings and sit there sipping water and crunching ice cubes for the next 8 innings.

What a marketing ploy. It'd be like offering free teddy bears to Sox fans when they come in the stadium.

OkStateSox
01-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Lines to the concession stands/buffet lines in that section will be huge I would guess. You could probably waist a lot of time waiting in line.

HotelWhiteSox
01-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Your average Hollywood starlet wannabe will eat half a hotdog, puke it up between innings

As long as they don't put it back in the buffet, I'm down.

Who knows, maybe fat will be the new 'in'

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5701/beatanorexiaye4.jpg

ChiSoxLifer
01-12-2007, 01:52 AM

What??? All the Dodger dogs you can eat? (yuck)

They're as bad as the junk sold at wrigley.

I gotta say this, I've been to about ten ballparks and none of them compares to the food at U.S.C.F.

MUsoxfan
01-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Lines to the concession stands/buffet lines in that section will be huge I would guess. You could probably waist a lot of time waiting in line.

I'm not sure about that. I've attended several games either in that Patio Party section and in the Scout Seats. The Sox do quite a good job as far as keeping the lines down. There's always plenty of food. I imagine the Dodgers are well prepared for the demand.

34 Inch Stick
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM

Didn't Homer Simpson sue the Frying Dutchman for closing the all you can eat buffet before he had all he could eat?

SABRSox
01-12-2007, 11:41 AM

Have you ever tried getting out of the parking lots at Dodger Stadium? There's a reason people leave early.

FedEx227
01-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Luckily they'll only have to serve food after the 3rd inning and before the 7th.

skottyj242
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM

Didn't you read the article? It says no ice cream or beer. :D: How many nachos would I eat? I'm getting fat just thinking about it.

skottyj242
01-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Luckily they'll only have to serve food after the 3rd inning and before the 7th.

Why is that?

I want Mags back
01-12-2007, 12:36 PM
im gettnig fat just thinking about this promo

DeadMoney
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Why is that?

Possibly referring to the late-arrivers and early-leavers in LA?

SABRSox
01-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Possibly referring to the late-arrivers and early-leavers in LA?

I really don't think people understand this unless they live in LA. The traffic here is horrid, and getting to and from Dodger Stadium is impossible without running into a ton of it.

I'm not saying Dodger fans are great, but it's near impossible to get to Dodger Stadium on time if you work a regular job.

As for leaving early, again, the parking lots in Dodger Stadium are some of the worst I've ever been in. It takes forever to get out of them.

cws05champ
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Now that Zito pitches in the division, he'll enjoy that when he gets the munchies....and why would you suppose he would get the munchies?:cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
im gettnig fat just thinking about this promo

hahaha. me too. :drool:

pmck003
01-12-2007, 02:04 PM
I think that the seats cost ten dollars a ticket before they had the all you can eat (at least it said left field was ten dollars). So that means you gotta eat 25 dollars worth of food (no ice cream or bear) to break even, more to make it worthwhile. Even if hot dogs are five dollars you would need to eat six to make it a deal, and you can only eat for two hours into the game...:puking:

I'd probably do it once

SBSoxFan
01-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Who knows, maybe fat will be the new 'in'

Or did you mean 'thin'? :D:

hose
01-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I assume were talking bleachers for seats.:cool:

eriqjaffe
01-12-2007, 04:29 PM
As for leaving early, again, the parking lots in Dodger Stadium are some of the worst I've ever been in. It takes forever to get out of them.I concur.

I went to a 4th of July game there once, and it took almost three hours to get out of the parking lot. I probably could've walked back to the Valley faster.

One time, I parked way out at the end of the lot, straight from center field, and I actually managed to sneak right out within 5 minutes of getting back to my car.

...and for all the popular talk of a "lack of a neighborhood" around USCF, feel free to hang around in Chavez Ravine after a game sometime. That'll teach you.

Arkham
01-13-2007, 03:35 PM
What'd make me leery of this promotion is, have you ever been the guy with a center seat on a plane when two fat guys had the aisle and window seats? 'Elbow room' seems like wishful thinking.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow. It says a lot about the sort of profits baseball makes off their concessions of "hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and soft drinks" that they can offer any Jabba the Hut an unlimited quantity of them for $35 and still figure to make MORE profit than if they sold him a $10 ticket but still charged regular concession prices.

Owning a baseball team is equivalent to owning the Niagara Falls of cash flow!
:o:

Note that all of these "unlimited" foods have minimal packaging and are virtually unbranded. The labor of serving the stuff is easily the largest expense and -- SURPRISE! -- the Dodgers will be setting up buffet tables to minimize their costs for this expense, too!

The only exception are soft drinks and I guarantee nothing at the ballpark generates a bigger % profit than these. The cup is easily the biggest expense, costing less than 5 cents each. Pepsi and Coke are mining gold selling this stuff, and the Dodgers can afford to let everyone bathe in all that fizzy brown water for the minimal expense of the stuff.

Naturally they're excluding ice cream and candy because they are prepackaged and branded, thus costing the Dodgers the most to offer. The ice cream and candy companies are the ones making the money when a fan buys that stuff so forget about offering unlimited quantities.
:tongue:

And forget about offering unlimited beer,too. That would be like 10 cent beer night -- without the 10 cents! The lunatics would be running around the outfield by the seventh inning!!!
:o::o:

$35 and the Dodgers are going to mop-up. Baseball is truly alive and well...
:cool:

FarWestChicago
01-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Wow. It says a lot about the sort of profits baseball makes off their concessions of "hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and soft drinks" that they can offer any Jabba the Hut an unlimited quantity of them for $35 and still figure to make MORE profit than if they sold him a $10 ticket but still charged regular concession prices. :roflmao:

DumpJerry
01-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Good choice of words!

Now that Zito pitches in the division, he'll enjoy that when he gets the munchies....and why would you suppose he would get the munchies?:cool:

Players have all you can eat before, during and after the game. I'm sure it's higher quality grub than what the fans get.

itsnotrequired
01-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Players have all you can eat before, during and after the game. I'm sure it's higher quality grub than what the fans get.

I remember all the crap I saw in the visitor's clubhouse at The Cell. They had a whole chest freezer full of ice cream! There were packs of ramen noodles, jars of candy, etc. I'm guessing they bring in hot food for the games but if they want to snack, they got it made.

Brian26
01-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow. It says a lot about the sort of profits baseball makes off their concessions of "hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and soft drinks" that they can offer any Jabba the Hut an unlimited quantity of them for $35 and still figure to make MORE profit than if they sold him a $10 ticket but still charged regular concession prices.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing. Also goes to show you that the Dollar-Dog-Thursday at the Cell probably isn't killing business either. They're still probably making 75 cents profit on each of those.

:farmer
"Or $2.25 profit for the kosher."

Brian26
01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I remember all the crap I saw in the visitor's clubhouse at The Cell. They had a whole chest freezer full of ice cream! There were packs of ramen noodles, jars of candy, etc.

Nice to see they're giving the visiting teams healthy, nutritious pre-game food.:D:

:AJ:
"Keeps the stolen bases to a minimum."

jabrch
01-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Tommy Lasorda is going to bankrupt them on his own.

PeteWard
01-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Actually, the way people eat in LA, this might not be such a bad thing. Everyone is dieting out there. Better to look good than feel good. How much can this cost them really?

Your average Hollywood starlet wannabe will eat half a hotdog, puke it up between innings and sit there sipping water and crunching ice cubes for the next 8 innings.

Yeah unlike the Midwestern ideal: Huge obese people walking through malls, chilidog in one hand, a bag of barbecued pig fat in the other looking less like humans and more like a fleet of interstate busses. Apologies to G. Carlin

EndemicSox
01-20-2007, 04:49 PM
More natural than the self-conscious freaks in Hollywood.

We come from this, it is natural...

http://www.foe.co.uk/campaigns/biodiversity/images/great_ape_scandal/stanley_johnson.jpg

esbrechtel
01-21-2007, 01:32 PM
This has Bill Veecks name written all over it!

my thoughts exactly