PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan tickets 1/12 at Noon

NoNeckEra
01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Got notification this afternoon that I can renew my Ozzie plan program tomorrow.

No indication on my email whether post season option is still offered with this renewal.

Since I'm also a full ST holder, I'm not sure I'll do an Ozzie plan this year, since,
1) The locations offered last year were so poor
2) As a ST holder, I can get "early bird" access to single game tix anyway.
3) If there is no post season option, it's less attracive

ewokpelts
01-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Got notification this afternoon that I can renew my Ozzie plan program tomorrow.

No indication on my email whether post season option is still offered with this renewal.

Since I'm also a full ST holder, I'm not sure I'll do an Ozzie plan this year, since,
3) If there is no post season option, it's less attracivethe ticketmaster presale last year included FULL fees...the ozzie plan only charges $5 per order.

chisoxmike
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM

3) If there is no post season option, it's less attracive

If you had postseason options last year, you have it this year. If you are a new plan holder to the 27-game or ozzie, you won't get postseason options this year.

sox_fan_forever
01-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I haven't received an email yet. I am slightly concerned because I got mine late last year too, and only found out about it because someone posted here.

Hendu
01-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm in the same boat as you.

dlee120
01-12-2007, 12:30 AM
I was an Ozzie plan holder last year and did recieve a postseason ticket option. (Quick side note, I actually recieved my playoff tickets the day after the Sox were eliminated from the playoffs. Isn't that a kick in the balls.) So, I take it from previous posts that I will be given the same option this year, if I do get the Ozzie plan once again? Just want to be sure...thanks

Bulls_Fan
01-12-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm a little perturbed that i did not get an email or call from my Rep at all during the whole offseason to keep me abreast to what is going on with teh Ozzie Plan. Sure i'm a lowely Ozzie Plan ticket holder but maybe an email keeping me up-to-date on things would have been nice.

BeefyD
01-12-2007, 07:40 AM
I don't even think I have an "official" rep with my Ozzie Plan. Every time I had a question, a different person called me.

Sad
01-12-2007, 08:03 AM
sure would be nice if we knew when starting times were... :mad:

ewokpelts
01-12-2007, 08:14 AM
no postseason options

bryPt
01-12-2007, 08:28 AM
I ordered mine last year on the day that single game tickets went on sale, and within 1 second, opening and second day tickets were sold out, but the Ozzie plan had 2nd game tickets, so I went with it. I spent a lot of time in the upper tank last year and hopefully will get an opportunity to get some first floor Ozzie plan tickets today.:bandance:

mcg
01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
sure would be nice if we knew when starting times were... :mad:
Look up "Seating and Pricing" on the website and scroll to the bottom. The 2007 schedule is listed there.

Sad
01-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Look up "Seating and Pricing" on the website and scroll to the bottom. The 2007 schedule is listed there.

that helps me alot when planning these games...

NoNeckEra
01-12-2007, 10:20 AM
no postseason options

Just got a return call from my rep and he confirms "NO" Ozzie plan holders will have post-season options for this year, renewals or new.

Iwritecode
01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I spent a lot of time in the upper tank last year and hopefully will get an opportunity to get some first floor Ozzie plan tickets today.:bandance:

I certainly wouldn't count on it. The season ticket base is still pretty high.

havelj
01-12-2007, 11:09 AM
What about game times listed on the schedule? Don't see it.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=4&y=2007

Roof Shot
01-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I just picked up my tickets....surprisingly some first floor seats were available for some games.

C-Dawg
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I ordered mine last year on the day that single game tickets went on sale, and within 1 second, opening and second day tickets were sold out, but the Ozzie plan had 2nd game tickets, so I went with it. I spent a lot of time in the upper tank last year and hopefully will get an opportunity to get some first floor Ozzie plan tickets today.:bandance:

Yikes I can't get anything in the lower deck for the games I've chosen except for the Wednesday "Ozzie Pick" game. I had better luck last year! Maybe I'll just wait and take my chances.

mrs. hendu
01-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I just bought tickets for me and Hendu. Of course only 2 games in the lower deck. Oh well, GO SOX 2007!!!

champagne030
01-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Yikes I can't get anything in the lower deck for the games I've chosen except for the Wednesday "Ozzie Pick" game. I had better luck last year! Maybe I'll just wait and take my chances.

You need to pick weekday games that are not on the Hit and Run plan. There's still plenty of lower deck seat available, but the Sox have held them back from this sale because they're pushing the Hit and Run plan.

Bruizer
01-12-2007, 01:53 PM
What about game times listed on the schedule? Don't see it.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=4&y=2007 (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=4&y=2007)

Try this link:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/y2007/2007sked.jpg

Sad
01-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I just picked up my tickets....surprisingly some first floor seats were available for some games.

yeah-
all my weekday games are Lower Box (including both May/June Yankees series Sec 116:D: )
all weekend games are upper box / upper reserved

the system was giving me odd error messages initially, then seemed normal after that

C-Dawg
01-12-2007, 02:03 PM
You need to pick weekday games that are not on the Hit and Run plan. There's still plenty of lower deck seat available, but the Sox have held them back from this sale because they're pushing the Hit and Run plan.

Yeah I figured as much. I don't do the weekday games because since I take the CTA, I wouldn't get home until after 11:00 or more likely midnight and that 4:40 alarm would come early the next morning! :(:

ewokpelts
01-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I picked uppers for all my games....got decent rows and sections...i am 3 rows above my brother for opening day!

SouthSideLove
01-13-2007, 02:43 AM
I will be sitting in section 536 during ALL my Ozzie plan games. Pretty decent seats. I have always enjoyed the upper box, not the upper reserved, but the box. Great seats, can see everything, and I'll be seeing Crede scoop up everything this year. I am psyched!!!

tebman
01-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I picked uppers for all my games....got decent rows and sections...i am 3 rows above my brother for opening day!
I got UD seats for most of my Ozzie Plan games too, and they're quality seats behind the plate or around the infield. Last year I laboriously examined each game's ticket availability and chose seats for each game. This time I just hit "Best Available" and looked to see what came up.

The best-available option really works. Of course, if there are specific preferences for sections or price, a buyer can still speficy those. But for simply a good view of the game I'm happy with what I got. Last year I was hung up on not being able to prowl the lower deck concourse if I sat in the upper deck, but that turned out to be a non-issue for me.

I got my tickets ordered to see the inevitable march to the World Series -- now for the Happy Dance! :bandance:

itsnotrequired
01-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I got UD seats for most of my Ozzie Plan games too, and they're quality seats behind the plate or around the infield. Last year I laboriously examined each game's ticket availability and chose seats for each game. This time I just hit "Best Available" and looked to see what came up.

The best-available option really works. Of course, if there are specific preferences for sections or price, a buyer can still speficy those. But for simply a good view of the game I'm happy with what I got. Last year I was hung up on not being able to prowl the lower deck concourse if I sat in the upper deck, but that turned out to be a non-issue for me.

I got my tickets ordered to see the inevitable march to the World Series -- now for the Happy Dance! :bandance:

Sometimes that "best available" is a crapshoot. As near as I can tell, the last row in the section behind home plate is "better" than being at first base and only 5 rows back. I know I would rather have the second set of seats.

BeefyD
01-14-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm stuck in uppers for all of my games, and purchased them as soon as the screen changed and I was able to.

I have a beef, that, if the season tickets were sold out last year and 98% of my games (minus opening day and vs. Cubs) were lower deck, then WHAT CHANGED???

ewokpelts
01-14-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm stuck in uppers for all of my games, and purchased them as soon as the screen changed and I was able to.

I have a beef, that, if the season tickets were sold out last year and 98% of my games (minus opening day and vs. Cubs) were lower deck, then WHAT CHANGED???
them re-opening 27 game plan sales

southside rocks
01-14-2007, 08:41 AM
I got Lower Box seats for 5 of my 13 games, Upper Box seats for 7, and Upper Reserved for 1 (the Cubs-Sox game). I wanted all lower-deck seats, but oh well! The Upper Boxes I got are behind home plate, which is cool. And I got a parking pass for all games, yay.

I did get some nice games, though! Yankees, Tiggers, Indians, Bosox, Astros, Angels, Twins, and Blue Jays (so I can see Big Frank, if he's not on the DL by July).