PDA

View Full Version : Bonds is NOT signed for 2007 yet

Fenway
01-11-2007, 03:40 PM
You have to wonder if Bud Selig is quietly putting pressure on the Giants to make it impossible for Bonds to agree to sign under these conditions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/487647p-410622c.html

Barry Bonds' buddies have become the biggest obstacle between the embattled slugger and the one-year, $20 million contract the San Francisco Giants offered him more a month ago.

Club executives are insisting the contract they offered to Bonds on Dec. 7 includes a proviso that would bar trainers, personal assistants, friends and other members of his entourage from the locker room at San Francisco's AT&T Park and other team facilities.

eastchicagosoxfan
01-11-2007, 04:01 PM
You have to wonder if Bud Selig is quietly putting pressure on the Giants to make it impossible for Bonds to agree to sign under these conditions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/487647p-410622c.html

Barry Bonds' buddies have become the biggest obstacle between the embattled slugger and the one-year, $20 million contract the San Francisco Giants offered him more a month ago.

Club executives are insisting the contract they offered to Bonds on Dec. 7 includes a proviso that would bar trainers, personal assistants, friends and other members of his entourage from the locker room at San Francisco's AT&T Park and other team facilities.
I wonder if the Giants are more than happy to comply with any wishes MLB may have regarding Bonds?

Fenway
01-11-2007, 04:11 PM
I wonder if the Giants are more than happy to comply with any wishes MLB may have regarding Bonds?

I think Bud would be happiest if Bonds took a one way ferry to Alcatraz.

I am convinced that something is going to happen in the next few months that will prevent Bonds from breaking the record.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM

I am convinced that something is going to happen in the next few months that will prevent Bonds from breaking the record.

One can only hope, Fenway

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-11-2007, 05:35 PM
One can only hope, Fenway

I hope so too.

Frontman
01-11-2007, 05:46 PM

And the story gets leaked that he tested positive for greenies? I have a feeling Bud Selig is a dime late and a dollar short on stopping Bonds now, but it looks as if they are trying to stop him from playing.

Front

UserNameBlank
01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
And the story gets leaked that he tested positive for greenies? I have a feeling Bud Selig is a dime late and a dollar short on stopping Bonds now, but it looks as if they are trying to stop him from playing.

Front

And if Bud succeeds and Barry is out long enough to get busted by the US government and banned, it won't be Barry's fault, it will be because everyone is racist.

PennStater98r
01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
And if Bud succeeds and Barry is out long enough to get busted by the US government and banned, it won't be Barry's fault, it will be because everyone is racist.

That's a load of ****. I hope you intended the racist comment to be in teal because you expcect Bonds to make that claim. It won't be because of the color of Bond's skin (remember the man's record he is trying to break is black). It will be because Barry Bonds is an ******* cheater that deserves to have the chance stripped away from him.

UserNameBlank
01-11-2007, 07:09 PM
That's a load of ****. I hope you intended the racist comment to be in teal because you expcect Bonds to make that claim. It won't be because of the color of Bond's skin (remember the man's record he is trying to break is black). It will be because Barry Bonds is an ******* cheater that deserves to have the chance stripped away from him.

Some people don't need a color to identify sarcasm. Others do I guess. But yeah, Bonds is a lying, cheating, racist who nevers blames himself for anything.

SectionBNole
01-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Bonds is a flaming butthole

Fenway
01-11-2007, 08:27 PM

Historically MLB has used the New York Daily News when they want something leaked.

Bonds found out last month in Orlando that the other 29 teams wanted nothing to do with him. If this deal with the Giants falls apart I don't see him having very many options.

Hendu
01-11-2007, 09:00 PM

And Mark Sweeney's fault apparently. :rolleyes:

CLR01
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Historically MLB has used the New York Daily News when they want something leaked.

Bonds found out last month in Orlando that the other 29 teams wanted nothing to do with him. If this deal with the Giants falls apart I don't see him having very many options.

If this falls through and Bonds decides he still wants to play someone will sign him at a discounted price.

Frontman
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Don't kid yourself. I would suspect that although many teams wouldn't want him, an AL team with struggling attendance will sign him in a heartbeat as a DH.