01-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Okay, what's worse in baseball?

SoxyStu
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Okay, what's worse in baseball?

How do you mean 'worse?'

ondafarm
01-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Greenies have been around. Saw them when I played (early 90s) old-timers knew all about them then.

PaulDrake
01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I guess the term "speed freak" is as dated as I am. Long term use of amphetamines is destructive, and all the "speed freaks" I remember had a thin gaunt look about them. There is no comparison between "greenies" and the powerful designer steroids first used by the East Germans and much improved upon today.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Neither should be allowed in the game but steroids pose a far greater problem as far as competitive balance is concerned.

Baseball will continue to have players getting away with taking performance enhancing drugs until a comprehensive, independently run drug testing program is implemented on par with what is used for the Olympics.

THG (i.e. the cream and the clear) remains undetectable under tests performed by MLB. MLB continues to do the least amount of testing possible and they have shown for nearly two decades they are not willing, qualified or eager to address this problem above and beyond PR gestures to get fans, the press and Congress off of their back.

This latest episode (Bonds calling out Mark Sweeney and popping greenies) proves junkies will take anything and point the finger at everyone except themselves when they are called out on it.

skottyj242
01-11-2007, 03:16 PM
How do you mean 'worse?'

What's a bigger problem to you the fan. Sorry, I should have clarified.