PDA

View Full Version : Fenway Park will be around for a long time

Fenway
01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Another indication that the Red Sox plan to stay at Fenway Park for years to come came to light this morning. The Red Sox are about to enter into a partnership to build a massive retail and apartment complex across the street from the park.

What you might find amusing in Chicago is the following

Rosenthal, who has tried for years to build a signature high-rise project near Fenway, said he is also close to reaching an agreement to bring the Red Sox on as minority partners. And hes also brought on board a big-name architect, Carlos Zapata, best known for designing the new Soldier Field in Chicago.

Game plan: $450M Fenway complex (http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=176227)

Project would add 1.3 million square feet of housing, parking in Kenmore/Fenway area (http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2007/01/10/for_developer_3d_time_may_be_charm)

eriqjaffe
01-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Zapata? Man, nothing will enhance the historical feel of Fenway like having a freaking spaceship land across the street.

itsnotrequired
01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Zapata? Man, nothing will enhance the historical feel of Fenway like having a freaking spaceship land across the street.

The rest of the apartments -- 115 or so -- would be in seven-story buildings along Brookline Avenue that would fit in architecturally with the neighborhood and would wrap around a 662-car public parking garage to be constructed over the Turnpike.

Sounds like it will turn out better than Soldier Field. They were limited with what they could do at Soldier Field since they decided to keep the old facade. This will be built on empty land so they will have a lot more flexibility in the design.

SABRSox
01-10-2007, 11:22 AM
When I hear the words "turnpike" and "construction" together in a sentence about Boston, I cringe.

Fenway
01-10-2007, 11:34 AM
When I hear the words "turnpike" and "construction" together in a sentence about Boston, I cringe.

so do we

they only now getting the I-90 tunnel connector to Logan back up and running after the tunnel cave in last July.