PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the trade rumors gone??

Gammons Peter
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
This place has really become stagnant. Every day I come here to catch up on my hot stove gossip and all I see is the same 'ol garbage about Jim Parque, Raffy, Slezak & Mariotti. That stuff doesn't belong in "Whats the Score" it belongs in "Who gives a crap" Gimme some White Sox Rumors please.

chisoxmike
01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
This place has really become stagnant. Every day I come here to catch up on my hot stove gossip and all I see is the same 'ol garbage about Jim Parque, Raffy, Slezak & Mariotti. That stuff doesn't belong in "Whats the Score" it belongs in "Who gives a crap" Gimme some White Sox Rumors please.

*Whitesox4ever runs and falls to his computer.*

Please, nobody give him any trade rumors.

Madvora
01-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm always checking up on sportline.com and the only thing concerning the Sox as of late has been the Uribe stuff.
No other teams seem to be getting into much either.

MUsoxfan
01-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Brian Anderson for Vlad/Ervin Santana/John Lackey + cash.

I just totally made that up, but rumors have to start somewhere:tongue:

munchman33
01-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Rotoworld has an article on the leftovers of free agency. Go ahead and speculate to your hearts content.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=MLB&columnid=15&articleid=27530

CaptainBallz
01-09-2007, 12:29 PM

I just totally made that up, but rumors have to start somewhere:tongue:

I guess now we have to take it to it's natural 250+ post conclusion....

I'll start:

:rolleyes:

bryPt
01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
It is like right before a tornado, everything is calm and quiet. I think they call that KW time.

White Sox Randy
01-09-2007, 12:33 PM

I thought you were Peter Gammons.

Gammons Peter
01-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I still think there is something cooking with the mets

kittle42
01-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Why are you actually asking for the absolute worst-post-inducing type of threads?

01-09-2007, 12:39 PM
If it is whispered in the bathroom, it will be on here....From the remaining FA, I would take a look at Mark Redman and Preston Wilson if we can get them cheap....Redman is a Lefty coming off a All Star season (they had to pick someone from the Royals) and a veteran who would be a good 5th starter and give us a 2nd lefty until Danks or Floyd is ready. Wilson, again if the price is right, could be a valuable CF option with more left in the tank then Erstaid

caulfield12
01-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Where's Rockabily, we need another fun thread for this week...

itsnotrequired
01-09-2007, 12:40 PM
mlbtraderumors.com is a good place to visit if you feel the need to feed your urge for wild, baseless trades.

kittle42
01-09-2007, 12:42 PM
mlbtraderumors.com is a good place to visit if you feel the need to feed your urge for wild, baseless trades.

Yes. Please go there and restrain yourselves from coming back here to tell us what the teeny-boppers are "predicting."

otis
01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Even I can't top the barber rumor.

White Sox Randy
01-09-2007, 12:47 PM
My sources are saying that a few Sox deals are "imminent". Crede is almost surely gone before S.T., Javier Vazquez will get a long term extension and there's talk of a Buehrle, Dye and Uribe package for AROD and Melky.

This all should be coming down in the near future. Near future to be defined in galactic eras.

I forgot. The Sox are seriously looking at Cliff Floyd as a backup to BA.

Gammons Peter
01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
My sources are saying that a few Sox deals are "imminent". Crede is almost surely gone before S.T., Javier Vazquez will get a long term extension and there's talk of a Buehrle, Dye and Uribe package for AROD and Melky.

This all should be coming down in the near future. Near future to be defined in galactic eras.

Sweet, now thats what I'm talkin' about

Iwritecode
01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Sweet, now thats what I'm talkin' about

Obviously you have to put everything in teal for some people to understand...

mccoydp
01-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I heard that they're going to sign my mom as the backup center fielder, and my wife is going to fill the #5 slot on the starting rotation...she has one heck of a changeup.

Teal? :redneck

kittle42
01-09-2007, 01:04 PM

Well played.

esbrechtel
01-09-2007, 01:09 PM
i usually go to this site http://prosportsdaily.com/mlb/white-sox/
which pretty much just compiles everytime the white sox are mentioned in any newspaper article and everything is about Juan Uribe....

munchman33
01-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Even I can't top the barber rumor.

:rolling:

Jjav829
01-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Welcome to January. Teams have made their big moves and have for the most part put together the team they will be competing with in 2007. Aside from some smaller free agent signings and some minor deals, the offseason is mostly over. Maybe there will be a big trade or two if some GM looks at his roster and beings to panic over some hole on his team, but otherwise you're not going to see a lot of other big trades go down.

soxtalker
01-09-2007, 02:19 PM

I've felt similarly. We've been really spoiled this off season -- there's been so much action that we really feel a lull of a few weeks.

The only thing close to an interesting rumor in the past week or two was a comment on WSCR a day or two ago that the Mets were again asking about Garland or Vazquez. But it was just a passing comment and the sportscasters didn't dwell on it too long. The Mets are looking for another pitcher, and they are probably exploring possibilities with a number of teams and FA's.

Of course, KW could come out of the blue anytime and announce a major trade...

munchman33
01-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome to January. Teams have made their big moves and have for the most part put together the team they will be competing with in 2007. Aside from some smaller free agent signings and some minor deals, the offseason is mostly over. Maybe there will be a big trade or two if some GM looks at his roster and beings to panic over some hole on his team, but otherwise you're not going to see a lot of other big trades go down.

There's still some impact free agents out there that might be had for cheap. Jeff Weaver comes to mind. I'm still hopeful Kenny signs him at a cheaper than Vazquez rate, and then ships Vazquez to the Mets for some nice prospects.

DumpJerry
01-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Well.....the Sox are one of the top 5 teams in MLB going into the off-season. There was no need to make blockbuster signings/trades like some other teams (Cubs). KW did some fine-tuning for 2007 and beyond and left the core intact.

Having said that, my gas meter reader told me today that his brother in-law the beer delivery driver for Miller Beer told him that KW is looking to trade.....

Taliesinrk
01-09-2007, 05:10 PM
I heard that they're going to sign my mom as the backup center fielder, and my wife is going to fill the #5 slot on the starting rotation...she has one heck of a changeup.

Teal? :redneck

Ahh... this brings up a good ladies man quote; but for fear of being banned, I refrain. Either way, it had to do with filling the #5 slot

oeo
01-09-2007, 06:08 PM
There's still some impact free agents out there that might be had for cheap. Jeff Weaver comes to mind. I'm still hopeful Kenny signs him at a cheaper than Vazquez rate, and then ships Vazquez to the Mets for some nice prospects.

Ugh...Jeff Weaver? He had a nice postseason, but come on...

Javy Vazquez > Jeff Weaver. Hell, Gavin Floyd is probably > Jeff Weaver.

champagne030
01-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Ugh...Jeff Weaver? He had a nice postseason, but come on...

Javy Vazquez > Jeff Weaver. Hell, Gavin Floyd is probably > Jeff Weaver.

Fixed it for ya. :D:

kittle42
01-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Fixed it for ya. :D:

Please. Floyd is probably better than Weaver, or at least has the (at this point unrealized) potential to be much better. Recall Weaver's last stint in the AL???

champagne030
01-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Please. Floyd is probably better than Weaver, or at least has the (at this point unrealized) potential to be much better. Recall Weaver's last stint in the AL???

I wouldn't say he has the potential to be much better. Weaver was pretty good at one point and looked really good late last season. I recall Weaver's last stint in the AL, and as bad as that was, it was better than Floyd's last stint in the NL. IMO, Floyd is a one pitch pitcher and that pitch is a curve. That said, is Floyd worth a gamble over 3/$24M deal for Weaver? Yes, but I'd take Weaver this season for 1 year/$6M deal and would actually trade Floyd for him if he was under contract at those terms.

WizardsofOzzie
01-09-2007, 08:58 PM

You heard Kenny on his cell phone at the airport didn't you? :redneck

seventyseven
01-10-2007, 10:21 AM

How much cash? :bandance:

RowanDye
01-10-2007, 12:46 PM

http://www.chicagogigs.com/images/content/paula-cole_paula-cole__tickets_2938877.jpg

She might know something... :tongue:

caulfield12
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.chicagogigs.com/images/content/paula-cole_paula-cole__tickets_2938877.jpg

She might know something... :tongue:

Where Have All the Alomars Brothers Gone? Substitute Alomar Brothers for Cowboys...catchy tune, like the SuperBowl Shuffle or Cadillac Man from DreamGirls.

TheVulture
01-10-2007, 07:44 PM

Yeah, Weaver had the unrealized potential to be much better than Weaver, too. Funny thing about potential.

oeo
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, Weaver had the unrealized potential to be much better than Weaver, too. Funny thing about potential.

Potential is better than crap. Weaver = crap, so I'll take the potential.