PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Get Tickets

skottyj242
01-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Anybody score tickets? I had my hands on two for Friday then got stuck in the line and got kicked out.

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 10:19 AM
This girl got 4 of them for Friday. I had 2 for Sunday, but let them go.

My other friend got 2 for Friday and 4 for Sunday.

Scottiehaswheels
01-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I got 3 for Sunday, only 1 for Saturday... So I still need to come up with 2 for Saturday somehow.... said it didn't have em in any quantity other than 1 on Saturday... How is that possible?

crazyozzie02
01-09-2007, 10:23 AM
i was able to get 2 for saturday. its gonna be a birthday present for my dad. hes never been to soxfest

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 10:24 AM
I got 3 for Sunday, only 1 for Saturday... So I still need to come up with 2 for Saturday somehow.... said it didn't have em in any quantity other than 1 on Saturday... How is that possible?

Good luck with that buddy. They are going for 100+ on ticket broker sites.

chisoxmike
Anybody score tickets? I had my hands on two for Friday then got stuck in the line and got kicked out.

Thats un-****-believeable. Typical Ticketmaster.

The Sox need to figure out a way to get ticket****er out of **** like this. They only screw it up.

MrT27
I could not read the stupid code word so on the third time I finally got it and then ended up not gettign any :( Looks like I'm going ot have to pay through the nose for some.

Scottiehaswheels
01-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Ha this is why I've been using my stubhub codes to load up on gift certs... figure I'll end up paying half when all is said and done

crazyozzie02
01-09-2007, 10:27 AM
i just checked and all 3 days are sold out now. either they were in really high demand or they had like 10 tickets for each day selling. Hopefully we can get a good soxfest out of a sort-of depressing off-season

jshanahanjr
4 for Sunday!

jenn2080
i just checked and all 3 days are sold out now. either they were in really high demand or they had like 10 tickets for each day selling. Hopefully we can get a good soxfest out of a sort-of depressing off-season

They were sold out by 10:08.

I hope most people leave their strollers and kids at home this year.

MrT27
01-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Ha this is why I've been using my stubhub codes to load up on gift certs... figure I'll end up paying half when all is said and done
ME too the thing is there aren't any up on StubHub. These tickets aren't being mailed out either probably to make sure they aren't being sold off. Bad news for us that still need to buy some.

crazyozzie02
01-09-2007, 10:32 AM
something i didnt like though, even though i got tickets, was that the sox (or at least i didnt see one) didnt have a link to ticketmaster from their home site. Luckly i got on early enough to be able to get to it through the ticketmaster site.

*Edit* Nevermind i see it, but i think it still should be up on the front page. They didnt even have a press release on it

skottyj242
01-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I hope that the will call only will distract people from selling them online. Can you pick them up before the fest? Like say right now? What a cluster**** that would be if everyone had to wait in line for will call then again to get in.

Iwritecode
01-09-2007, 10:36 AM
ME too the thing is there aren't any up on StubHub. These tickets aren't being mailed out either probably to make sure they aren't being sold off. Bad news for us that still need to buy some.

Exactly. That will make it extremely difficult for anyone to sell these things.

According to either Ticketmaster of Whitesox.com (I can't remember where I read it), they will only be released at the will-call window to the purchaser with the credit card that was used to buy them...

Iwritecode
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM
What a cluster**** that would be if everyone had to wait in line for will call then again to get in.

Wouldn't suprise me...

Kuzman
01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
2 for Saturday!

chisoxmike
01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
. Can you pick them up before the fest? Like say right now? What a cluster**** that would be if everyone had to wait in line for will call then again to get in.

Yeah, I'm VERY iffy about that. I guess the White Sox are going to call everybody who bought tickets and tell them how they can pick them up. I can already tell this could be a disaster.

crazyozzie02
01-09-2007, 10:40 AM

According to either Ticketmaster of Whitesox.com (I can't remember where I read it), they will only be released at the will-call window to the purchaser with the credit card that was used to buy them...

i do like that policy. I makes it so that damn ticketbrokers now have to swallow their money if they bought them, unless they are gonna go with the customer to pick them up.

Jerko
01-09-2007, 10:40 AM

I read that too. I hope I can pick them up before the event because I ordered them for somebody else.

buehrle4cy05
01-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I got two for Friday contingent on my dad and I being able to pick the tickets up in advance. If he can't, then that's $68 down the drain.

crazyozzie02
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I read that too. I hope I can pick them up before the event because I ordered them for somebody else.

i think that you are gonna have to go with them. from experinece, they are pretty tight when it comes to this

MrT27
01-09-2007, 10:44 AM
What person came up with the idea that everyone who ordered online could (assuming this is true) only pick it up day of event. Its Chicago in Janurary, who wants to wait outside to pick up their tickets (if the ticket window is outside like most places)??

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Per my season ticket rep now everyone can stop being so negative.

You can pick up your Soxfest tickets a week before the event here at the Stadium Will Call. If they are not picked up that week, they will be at the Palmer House will call.

champagne030
01-09-2007, 10:48 AM
something i didnt like though, even though i got tickets, was that the sox (or at least i didnt see one) didnt have a link to ticketmaster from their home site. Luckly i got on early enough to be able to get to it through the ticketmaster site.

*Edit* Nevermind i see it, but i think it still should be up on the front page. They didnt even have a press release on it

Yes, they did.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20061220&content_id=1764894&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

CHICAGO -- Individual-day passes for SoxFest 2007, presented by U.S. Cellular, will go on sale to the general public Jan. 9 at 10 a.m.
Passes, which cost $30 each for Friday and Sunday and $40 for Saturday, can be purchased online at whitesox.com and through Ticketmaster phones at 866-SOX-GAME.

crazyozzie02
01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Yes, they did.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20061220&content_id=1764894&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

CHICAGO -- Individual-day passes for SoxFest 2007, presented by U.S. Cellular, will go on sale to the general public Jan. 9 at 10 a.m.
Passes, which cost $30 each for Friday and Sunday and $40 for Saturday, can be purchased online at whitesox.com and through Ticketmaster phones at 866-SOX-GAME.

my bad. i didnt see it on the main page.

crazyozzie02
01-09-2007, 11:02 AM
im just wondering how many they put on-sale today. i know they said limited, but i have a feeling that they were extremely-limited

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 11:05 AM
im just wondering how many they put on-sale today. i know they said limited, but i have a feeling that they were extremely-limited

I will say I had no problems getting in which is rare.

Bobby Thigpen
01-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Had 2 for Saturday, mistyped my password for my account and they were released.:angry:

chisoxmike
01-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Anyone find it funny that most single game ticket prices are cheaper than a SoxFest ticket?

LOCATION MONDAYS REGULAR PRIME PREMIER

Lower Box $17.50 $35.00 $39.00 $44.00

Lower Reserved $15.50 $31.00 $35.00 $40.00

Bleachers $15.00 $30.00 $34.00 $39.00

Premium Upper Box (1-6)$23.00 $23.00 $27.00 $32.00

Upper Box (7-21) $10.00 $20.00 $24.00 $29.00

Upper Reserved $8.00 $16.00 $20.00 $25.00

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Anyone find it funny that most single game ticket prices are cheaper than a SoxFest ticket?

While it sucks that ticket prices went up for Soxfest, it is still not a bad deal for the things that they offer to you. If you went to a card show that happened to have Paulie signing there you would have to pay $99. Scott Podsednik is at least $50. So if you are going for autographs then it is a steal to pay $40 for a ticket for the amount of autographs you can get if you are good. On top of the autographs they provide plenty of other things for you to do. So big deal you have to pay $40 a ticket. It is a pretty good deal if you ask me for the amount of things they offer.

dllrbll7
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I will say I had no problems getting in which is rare.

Same here, I was able to get in twice without waiting at all...

Giv20
01-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I snagged 4 for Saturday. Got through right at 10.:bandance:

skottyj242
01-09-2007, 11:45 AM
It's more expensive that going skiing.

itsnotrequired
01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
It's more expensive that going skiing.

Not helicopter skiing.

Steelrod
01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Makes sense. A lot more seats and not as much demand 3 months prior to opener.

ewokpelts
01-09-2007, 12:00 PM
will call only...brokers are screwed....

StillMissOzzie
01-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I snabbed two for my son and I for Saturday! :bandance:

SMO

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Not really. You can pick them up a week before Soxfest.

CLR01
01-09-2007, 12:08 PM

There is just under 3.3 million seats available to 81 home games while there is somewhere around 10,000 (give or take) available tickets to 3 days of soxfest.

ewokpelts
01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
While it sucks that ticket prices went up for Soxfest, it is still not a bad deal for the things that they offer to you. If you went to a card show that happened to have Paulie signing there you would have to pay $99. Scott Podsednik is at least $50. So if you are going for autographs then it is a steal to pay $40 for a ticket for the amount of autographs you can get if you are good. On top of the autographs they provide plenty of other things for you to do. So big deal you have to pay $40 a ticket. It is a pretty good deal if you ask me for the amount of things they offer.but to wait in a line just to get in another line...it might be worth the 50 bucks extra

Scottiehaswheels
01-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Just for ****s and giggles I went to check to see the TwinsFest tix... You can get 20 for the whole weekend for $8 a pop... Just to compare...

spiffie
01-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Not really. You can pick them up a week before Soxfest.

Also don't forget that people who have the hotel package could sell off their tickets.

Iwritecode
01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Also don't forget that people who have the hotel package could sell off their tickets.

Except for the fact that you don't get the tickets until you check-in...

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 12:55 PM

They get their tickets the day they check in.

ewokpelts
01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Just for ****s and giggles I went to check to see the TwinsFest tix... You can get 20 for the whole weekend for $8 a pop... Just to compare...but it's also in the crap dome

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Just for ****s and giggles I went to check to see the TwinsFest tix... You can get 20 for the whole weekend for $8 a pop... Just to compare...

How can you compare Chicago to Minnesota? They are two different places. They have theirs in the Dome we rent out a spot at a hotel. Clearly it would be cheaper in Minn then Chicago so comparing the two is not logical.

Palehose13
01-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I got 4 weekend passes on October 12th. :cool:

spiffie
01-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Except for the fact that you don't get the tickets until you check-in...
And...? You check in, go to one of the downtown brokers offices, grab your cash and go back and enjoy Soxfest.

soxchick20
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
They were sold out by 10:08.

I hope most people leave their strollers and kids at home this year.

That was a NIGHTMARE!!!:angry:

soxwon
01-09-2007, 02:48 PM
i scored 1 for friday, then no tix for sat were left.
anyone with 1 extra for sat ill buy it or ill trade my friday for 1 sat.
email me
da rev

ewokpelts
01-09-2007, 04:54 PM
That was a NIGHTMARE!!!:angry:what wrong about kids? why cant they get to see thier idols?

Palehose13
01-09-2007, 05:32 PM
what wrong about kids? why cant they get to see thier idols?
I don't think kids in strollers will be aware/remember much of the weekend.

With that said, I don't have a problem with kids and/or strollers. I usually have a problem with the parents not controlling their kids or being idiots with the strollers.

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 05:47 PM
what wrong about kids? why cant they get to see thier idols?

I don't think kids in strollers will be aware/remember much of the weekend.

With that said, I don't have a problem with kids and/or strollers. I usually have a problem with the parents not controlling their kids or being idiots with the strollers.

What she said. I too, have no problem with a child who can walk and talk and know who the players are and know what is going on(8 and up). They should also know how to act in public. However, there are way to many people crammed into one play to be pushing around a stroller. There is no reason for them to be there. A child in a stroller has no idea who they are going up to see. The only thing they will know is what they are told when they are older.

esbrechtel
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
What she said. I too, have no problem with a child who can walk and talk and know who the players are and know what is going on(8 and up).
what if they are 71/2 and have a great knowledge of the game? :redneck

KMKsuburbannoise
01-09-2007, 08:50 PM
got one for Saturday and one for Sunday...was all I needed. just don't know how I'm gonna get them? I used my parents card...how do i pick up tickets that are not bought with a card in my name?

Palehose13
01-09-2007, 08:55 PM
got one for Saturday and one for Sunday...was all I needed. just don't know how I'm gonna get them? I used my parents card...how do i pick up tickets that are not bought with a card in my name?

Looks like you are going to have to have the person who owns the card pick up the tickets.

KMKsuburbannoise
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Looks like you are going to have to have the person who owns the card pick up the tickets.

Yeah, I read that they are going to be released a week before which is next week. Hopefully that is true cause that would be the only way I could get them.

In a way this policy is real nice because it gets the die hards in and keeps the band wagon riders and brokers out. But I hope I could get them or i'm out close to 90 bucks.

jenn2080
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM

I talked to my season ticket rep and he said all that was needed was your id.

LuvSox
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
What she said. I too, have no problem with a child who can walk and talk and know who the players are and know what is going on(8 and up). They should also know how to act in public. However, there are way to many people crammed into one play to be pushing around a stroller. There is no reason for them to be there. A child in a stroller has no idea who they are going up to see. The only thing they will know is what they are told when they are older.

So the avid Sox fans that happen to be parents should stay home if they couldn't find a baby sitter because you're inconvenienced?

soxchick20
01-10-2007, 12:51 AM

Yes, this is exactly what i meant. I don't have a problem with kids either. After all, I'm bringing my 12yrold sister to Soxfest. But its not Disney World, its Soxfest, there shouldnt be tons of screaming toddlers and newborns with diaper bags. But, Kids who are aware and actually understand what baseball, the sox, the players, and so on is, they should absolutely go.

ewokpelts
01-10-2007, 01:18 PM
So the avid Sox fans that happen to be parents should stay home if they couldn't find a baby sitter because you're inconvenienced?sounds like it.
I had no problem with strollers last year. all future fans. something this organization has had trouble with in the past.

ewokpelts
01-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Yes, this is exactly what i meant. I don't have a problem with kids either. After all, I'm bringing my 12yrold sister to Soxfest. But its not Disney World, its Soxfest, there shouldnt be tons of screaming toddlers and newborns with diaper bags. But, Kids who are aware and actually understand what baseball, the sox, the players, and so on is, they should absolutely go.but you tolerate it at the games?

jenn2080
01-10-2007, 01:26 PM
but you tolerate it at the games?

Why are you twisting words around?

skottyj242
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
but you tolerate it at the games?

Yes it's tolerable at games because there's more room to maneuver around. The last couple of years it's shoulder to shoulder with a ton of bottlenecks, I can't imagine what it will be like this year in a smaller venue. Keep the real little ones at home if possible.

Whoopdy Friggin Do.

KMKsuburbannoise
01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't mind the kids, we were all kids at one time but the strollers are a bit much. It's like taking a 1 year old trick or treating, they aren't going to remember it.

ewokpelts
01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Why are you twisting words around?i didnt twist anything around....i asked a question.

champagne030
01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I know it was posted that Will Call for Soxfest tickets will be available at the Cell Box office, but I was just checking voicemail and I received a message from ticketmaster regarding my Soxfest ticket purchase. "The White Sox will be contacting you shortly with times and locations for Will Call pickup".

soxwon
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
I know it was posted that Will Call for Soxfest tickets will be available at the Cell Box office, but I was just checking voicemail and I received a message from ticketmaster regarding my Soxfest ticket purchase. "The White Sox will be contacting you shortly with times and locations for Will Call pickup".
the sox called me today, with a recorded message stating, the sox will contact me, to where i can pick up my tickets