PDA

View Full Version : Mario Mania!

RedPinStripes
03-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Wish they could make room for this guy. I doubt he'll be up here though. I have heard talk of him just being show boated for trade bait, but i think he's just about to be a free agent minor leaguer. How much can he be worth? I really don't see room for him unless Liefer, lee, or rowand are traded.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox11.html

duke of dorwood
03-11-2002, 12:34 PM
AND, Harris is now in this mix too as they will be trying to find a place for him.

RichH55
03-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Wish they could make room for this guy. I doubt he'll be up here though. I have heard talk of him just being show boated for trade bait, but i think he's just about to be a free agent minor leaguer. How much can he be worth? I really don't see room for him unless Liefer, lee, or rowand are traded.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox11.html

Demoted already.....Lets put the bandwagon back in the garage

RedPinStripes
03-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Demoted already.....Lets put the bandwagon back in the garage

What a bad time for me to work off of the sun-times hype. lol

RichH55
03-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

What a bad time for me to work off of the sun-times hype. lol

LOL...but for my money...the best 8th OF in the game today!

Lisa
03-11-2002, 01:51 PM
He won't be with the team this year, BUT...if he survives without being traded...

I don't see Lofton with the team next year - he'll be lucky if he makes it through this year without injury. I still see Lee being traded (or maybe it's my wishful thinking, but go with me here). Obviously, next year we'll have Mags and Borchard in the OF, but who else stays? We have Rowand, Liefer, Harris (who can also play infield), and Valenzuela. Any two of these guys could easily be packaged in a trade, and the other two will stay. It's pretty much a toss up as to who stays and who goes. I'd say Mario is low man on the totem pole, but you never know. Either way...how the hell did we end up with so many damn outfielders?

CerberusWG
03-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Ok, I'll take Lisa's post and simplify.

RF-Maggs
CF-Borchard

Now, we have Leif, Harris, Lee, Rowand, Simmons, and Valenzuela.

Harriss is obviously the replacement to Durham, so buh bye Ray. Leif wants to be traded, and he doesn't know what a walk is. Buh bye Jeff. Now, Simmons and Rowand. This is TOUGH, these guys are just about equal, but because of his D Rowand gets the nod. Buh Bye Brian!

So, that leaves us with Valenzuela and C Lee.

C Lee could be trade bait for pitching, but with Wright looking very very good, and Garland coming around, and Rauch regaining his old form, the Sox don't need pitching.

So, that means Valenzuela is the odd man out.

Recap!

Harris 2B for Durham
Simmons Cut
Valenzuela in the minors
Leifer probably traded
C Lee stays

czalgosz
03-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Now, Simmons and Rowand. This is TOUGH, these guys are just about equal, but because of his D Rowand gets the nod.

Simmons is a better defensive outfielder. Rowand has a slightly better arm, but Simmons has more range and can handle himself better in center.

Rowand is a much better hitter, but we don't need another righty bat. Either he or Lee will be gone by spring 2003. Book it.

RichH55
03-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Well after reading the JFK conspiracy theories it takes to get Mario playing time...I'm sticking with the point I have made all along.......use a little Occam's Razor and you find that all things being equal the simplest solution tends to be correct....Mario is not in the White Sox plans for now or later