PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

Mathew
07-31-2001, 04:12 PM
My little 9yr old brother a converted Blue Jays fan was watching the game with me the other day and changed his favorite Baseball player from Mike Sweeny(who gave us a game used ball at Skydome) to ROYCE CLAYTON!

"He's good isn't he Mat?" he asks

"Well I guess he's pretty fast" I answear.

What do I do? I hat everything about Royce Clayton including his June July and any other time! But my little bro's favorite player.

I remember my favorites at that age being Ozzie Guillen Joey Cora and Bobby Thigpen. In hindsight was Ozzie that much better than Royce?

He must have been.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 04:15 PM
:maggs
What you do is buy him some pepsi and tell him that I will see you at the ballpark.

cheeses_h_rice
07-31-2001, 04:21 PM
JM, stop it, you're cracking me up with that.

My favorite part is how uncomfortable Maggs looks standing by the wagon o' Pepsi.

Mathew
07-31-2001, 04:35 PM
Is that a commercial out there?

Jerry_Manuel
My favorite part is how uncomfortable Maggs looks standing by the wagon o' Pepsi.

Yeah he looks like "Should I start talking now? Which camera am I on?" But still nice to see someone on the Sox doing a tv commerical. It could have been done better though. Picture this if you will replace Magglio with the two men below.

Announcer: Is that White Sox pitchers Kip Wells and Dan Wright?

:wright:kipper
Drink some of this pepsi and we will see you at the ballpark! If you don't we will come to your house and force you to drink this pepsi, do you understand what we are saying?

(Not really meant to be funny just a different way of doing the commerical.)

Mathew
I've seen the Griffey and Sosa one finally.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 04:40 PM
Is that a commercial out there?

Yes but this one is just a local one not a national spot like Griffey and Sosa have. It is Magglio standing in an empty line at the Comiskey Park ticket window with this red wagon filled with pepsi cans. I forgot exactly what the announcer says but then Magglio starts talking and at the end he says "Drink pepsi and I will see you at the ballpark". Not bad for his first commerical. Better then

:crimedog
This is the baseball instructional video that gets results!

Mathew
07-31-2001, 04:43 PM
Good thing it wasn't Royce or Pepsi sales would have tanked among Sox fans.

Iguana775
07-31-2001, 04:44 PM
you crack me up, jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:messica

jklm
07-31-2001, 04:46 PM
Pepsi will pay Royce to endorse Coca Cola...

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 04:50 PM
Good thing it wasn't Royce or Pepsi sales would have tanked among Sox fans.

I disagree, if they did a spot with Royce it could go like this.

Announcer: Is that White Sox shortstop Royce Clayton?

:hitless
Hello Sox fans I don't think it is fair at all that you have to hit to stay in the lineup. I play great defense and should be in the game all the time, reguardless of my batting average. Anyway the folks at Pepsi wanted me to tell you that if you drink Pepsi that you can come to the ball park and watch me play defense and the Sox to! What? What's that you say? You don't like me? Well what are you going to do throw the pepsi cans at me? Have a nice day.

(Again not meant to be funny just a different version of the commericial.

Soxboyrob
07-31-2001, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
I remember my favorites at that age being Ozzie Guillen Joey Cora and Bobby Thigpen. In hindsight was Ozzie that much better than Royce?

Ozzie, in his prime, was about the same as Clayton is right now from a defensive standpoint. Offensively, they are similar also. Ozzie was considered a vocal leader in the clubhouse. Clayton was not. Overall, I'd probably prefer Ozzie in his prime over Royce, but not by leaps and bounds.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 04:53 PM
you crack me up, jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jerry
Yeah I have been known to get a few one liners everyonce and awhile.

steff
07-31-2001, 05:53 PM
Guys.. it's not Pepsi.. it's Pesi.
"Cam outdo de ballpaaaak and dink a Pesi.." :-)
He looks constipated... poor guy.

Soxboyrob
07-31-2001, 06:14 PM
He actually looks like a corpse in that spot. The only thing moving is his mouth in that commercial. Kinda eerie, if you ask me. Reminded me of the old Clutch Cargo cartoons.

cainus
07-31-2001, 06:54 PM
well first of all i think yah should hit him around a bit. well hes entiled to do what he wants but i guess dissapointing. (i have no idea what i am going on about.)

Procol Harum
07-31-2001, 08:02 PM
Hey, Maggs' Emmy-winning turn in the Pepsi commercial underlines a much bigger scandal at Comiskey--the dropping of Coke for Pepsi products in the ballpark!! That's downright un-American.