PDA

View Full Version : Bayless disses Sam-ME


Nellie_Fox
03-11-2002, 01:29 AM
What do you think? Is it just that Bayless has changed his loyalties with his move to the Bay Area, or maybe the Cubune wouldn't let him tell it like it is? Anyway, better late than never, as Bayless rips on Sam-Me. (http://www.prod.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/sports/columnists/skip_bayless/2810280.htm)

:clueless
C'mon guys, I'm trying to make it right! Pay no attention to my previous fawning over Soso!

MattSharp
03-11-2002, 10:36 AM
So is he saying Bonds is classy and Sosa isn't?

Lisa
03-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Two comments on this whole situation:

1) This just confirms my previous instincts that Bayless is not so much a baseball fan and writer as he is a shill for any paper he works for.
2) Surprisingly enough, I actually have more respect for Bonds since he wouldn't play along with Sammy's little game. Bonds can make his own highlights, too.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
03-11-2002, 12:31 PM
:shammy "I thought you loved me Skippy? what happened??"




:clueless " No more roofies from Shammy, Now I tell it like it is!"

RichH55
03-11-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
Two comments on this whole situation:

1) This just confirms my previous instincts that Bayless is not so much a baseball fan and writer as he is a shill for any paper he works for.
2) Surprisingly enough, I actually have more respect for Bonds since he wouldn't play along with Sammy's little game. Bonds can make his own highlights, too.


I've always been a big Bonds fan...I don't think anyone takes more unwarranted crap from the media than him.....he's ratehr self-depricating from what I've seen as well....Could you ever see Sammy doing a spot for Arli$$ standing on 3B with a cell phone saying I'm not going home unless they sign the deal? Good stuff....

RichH55
03-11-2002, 12:39 PM
The media bugs me from time to time...its all in how you spin your story....Ie the old example that if the Sox beat the Cubs in the Series the headline would read "Cubs Lose WS!"....A guy like Bonds doesnt make the job of the media easier so they cruify him....They'll point out the special perks he gets and how he has his own locker space(away from others) and make it sound ominous...they dont tell you a guy like Cal Ripken gets similar treatment.....I still say that if it had been Cal Ripken who ran over Vina instead of Albert Belle that we would have made Cal President..."He plays old school, hustling baseball...playing the game in the way it was meant to be played....etc" Just crap

CubKilla
03-11-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
So is he saying Bonds is classy and Sosa isn't?

I didn't get that impression at all. The story just gives a little insight into what we already know..... Shammy's all about the PR. Only problem is, Bonds didn't play along.

baggio202
03-11-2002, 09:33 PM
last year..almost every week during football season...brainless was ripping the bears apart...i mean it was aweekly thing....it was downright pathetic..he finally slowed down when ever bay area readers were e-mailing him begging him to stop...he doesnt hate sosa..he hates chicago..believe if the sox are in first place as the season rolls along..we will be on the recieving end...just keep this guy away from frank...

Daver
03-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
last year..almost every week during football season...brainless was ripping the bears apart...i mean it was aweekly thing....it was downright pathetic..he finally slowed down when ever bay area readers were e-mailing him begging him to stop...he doesnt hate sosa..he hates chicago..believe if the sox are in first place as the season rolls along..we will be on the recieving end...just keep this guy away from frank...

Skippy the sheetshot has never held back against the Sox,but he will probably only comment on them when writing about the A's.