PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Haeger select for Roto sleepers

caulfield12
01-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Charlie Haeger, Chicago White Sox: With his self-assurance and saucy countenance, Ozzie Guillen has earned his rep as one of the game's preeminent out-of-the-box thinkers. He'll have the chance to reinforce it anew during spring training, when it comes time to give Haeger consideration for the rotation slot left vacant in the wake of the Freddy Garcia and Brandon McCarthy trades. I realize that we're not supposed to give knuckleballers a shot until they reach 31 years of age and can thus legally be described as "grizzled," but Haeger has the strikeout and deep-into-game potential that his competition for the position, Gavin Floyd, lacks.

from cbssportsline.com

caulfield12
01-06-2007, 10:14 AM
A SEPARATE, NON-WS related paragraph within the story worth a chuckle....

Can you imagine the sheer misery in the Ben Broussard household when the trade went down? "Kids, daddy just lost his job to a kumquat-shaped has-been with no functional ligaments in his knees, shoulders or hip. We'll be celebrating Christmas at the July trade deadline, God willing."
No longer can I sit back idly and observe the entirely justified anguish of Mariners fans from afar. Starting tomorrow, I plan on lobbying the bean counters in Olympia for some kind of state-funded counseling. That such suffering can happen in 2007, in the United States of America of all places, is unconscionable.

cbssportsline.com

I thought this was even funnier...and he has some hilarious comments about Chris Burke in CF that gave me flashbacks to Mackowiak. I was thinking of those goofy credit card commercials where the band of plundering barbarians might be chasing Mackowiak on a ball hit on a line right over his head.

pearso66
01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Can you imagine the sheer misery in the Ben Broussard household when the trade went down? "Kids, daddy just lost his job to a kumquat-shaped has-been with no functional ligaments in his knees, shoulders or hip. We'll be celebrating Christmas at the July trade deadline, God willing."
No longer can I sit back idly and observe the entirely justified anguish of Mariners fans from afar. Starting tomorrow, I plan on lobbying the bean counters in Olympia for some kind of state-funded counseling. That such suffering can happen in 2007, in the United States of America of all places, is unconscionable.

cbssportsline.com

I thought this was even funnier...and he has some hilarious comments about Chris Burke in CF that gave me flashbacks to Mackowiak. I was thinking of those goofy credit card commercials where the band of plundering barbarians might be chasing Mackowiak on a ball hit on a line right over his head.

I may be an idiot for asking, or missed something completely obvious, but what? I'm lost by this, was Broussard traded for Haeger?

Crede_Fan
01-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I may be an idiot for asking, or missed something completely obvious, but what? I'm lost by this, was Broussard traded for Haeger?

I'm in the same boat:dunno:

itsnotrequired
01-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm in the same boat:dunno:

Its a quote from the same article but has nothing to do with Haeger or the Sox.

VenturaIsAGod
01-06-2007, 01:25 PM
He's referring to the trade that brought Jose freakin' Vidro to the Mariners to be their everyday DH. Worst trade of the offseason, IMO. This whole thread is pretty useless, as I was expecting actual news, not just a random guess by one of the many failures at sportsline.com.