View Full Version : My trade idea

Rockabilly
01-06-2007, 08:23 AM
The Sox would send the following players to the Angels
M Buehrle
J Crede
H Phillips

for
J Weaver Would be our (#1 pitcher in 08)
C Figgins to play LF and 3B
O Cabrera to fill our SS need
H Kendrick our future 2B (if Iguchi leaves after the 07 season)

My starting 3B would be Josh Fields

caulfield12
01-06-2007, 08:51 AM
M Buehrle
J Crede
H Phillips

for

You're not going to last very long around here. We would have a tough time getting Weaver for Buehrle and Crede. They would get 3 TOTAL years of those two versus five years of an undoubted ace pitcher, and Weaver would be at a fraction of that cost.

Most the ideas a month or two ago had Figgins and a reliever (ala Shields) or SS (Wood/Aybar) for Crede. This part makes sense with Uribe's situation more questionable now.

Phillips is NOT considered a prospect by any organizations.
If you ranked our minor league pitching, it would go something like this.

1) Danks
2) Gio
3) Broadway
4) Masset
5) Floyd/Haeger
7) McCullogh
8) Harrell/Russell
10) Phillips

You also have Honel, Malone, Oneli Perez, Reynoso, Omogrosso, Long, etc.

Heck, the Korean pitcher we just signed might be more highly valued.

There's no way they would part with Kendrick in a deal that involved Heath Phillips. We would have to trade a pitcher from 4-10 (and maybe higher) on the list to get Kendrick straight-up.

Please give more careful consideration about how you would feel if you were a fan of the other team and received this package. You would be getting a very questionable "ace," a 3B you would have for two seasons and lose and who might have back problems flare up and a pitcher who would never make an impact on your roster for the young/affordable ace of your staff and three position starters.

Rockabilly
01-06-2007, 09:14 AM
I can always hope for Weaver coming to the Sox but you're right the Angels would be crazy to give him up.

Instead of Phillips we could throw in Gio.. and get back Santana since the Angels would part with him before they trade Weaver

champagne030
01-06-2007, 10:13 AM
You're not going to last very long around here. We would have a tough time getting Weaver for Buehrle and Crede. They would get 3 TOTAL years of those two versus five years of an undoubted ace pitcher, and Weaver would be at a fraction of that cost.

What are you talking about??? Don't you know that 19 starts doesn't equal squat. Weaver is just as much of a question mark coming into this season as our 5th starter will be! :tongue:

UserNameBlank
01-06-2007, 10:50 AM
M Buehrle
J Crede
H Phillips

for

Yeah that trade will happen right after police find 10 pounds of marijuana in the back of Arte Moreno's pickup truck.

jabrch
01-06-2007, 11:27 AM
M Buehrle
J Crede
H Phillips

for

I don't even know if you could get the computer to approvethat trade to on your Playstation.

FedEx227
01-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Um. You do realize that they (the Angels) would be trading two of their top three prospects, their primary utility player and their starting shortstop. For Buehrle, Crede and Phillips?!

I'm pretty sure even MVP Baseball and Baseball Mogul would laugh at this trade. Actually... they would.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5880/greattradekf1.jpg

*No political commentary or anything from me, that's what the game usually says if you send them a ridiculous trade idea*

chaotic8512
01-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Um. You do realize that they (the Angels) would be trading two of their top three prospects, they're primary utility player and their starting shortstop. For Buehrle, Crede and Phillips?!

I'm pretty sure even MVP Baseball and Baseball Mogul would laugh at this trade. Actually... they would.

*No political commentary or anything from me, that's what the game usually says if you send them a ridiculous trade idea*

:rolling:

Hell, I'd probably be happy with Weaver/Cabrera for Buehrle/Crede... and I am a big fan of Mark and Joe.

veeter
01-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Rockabilly, please stop.

Gregory Pratt
01-06-2007, 03:02 PM
M Buehrle
J Crede
H Phillips

for

What the hell is wrong with you?

thomas35forever
01-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Halo, is this you?

esbrechtel
01-06-2007, 06:00 PM
NO....if fields starts at 3rd this year im boycotting...

caulfield12
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM

I hope that's in teal?

Rockabilly
01-06-2007, 06:08 PM

I guess you don't know much about Fields

Chisox003
01-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I guess you don't know much about Fields
No, you're right, please inform those of us who are clueless. :rolleyes:

Crede is a super star. His glove is second to none, and that alone is more valuable than anything Josh Fields bring to the table at this point.

getonbckthr
01-06-2007, 06:27 PM
So there is no one in baseball you would trade Crede for with Fields starting at 3rd?

Rockabilly
01-06-2007, 06:31 PM

Crede is a super star. His glove is second to none, and that alone is more valuable than anything Josh Fields bring to the table at this point.

your right Crede has been a super star for a year and half but Josh Fields will also be a star player for many years to come..

caulfield12
01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
your right Crede has been a super star for a year and half but Josh Fields will also be a star player for many years to come..

What is this based on?

His swing is way too big, like Borchard and Joe C. when they first came up (I'll save the Snopek/Norton comparisons).

He's a raw player offensively, lots of power (not fully polished), high K totals, average defensively, with the potential to be very good.

But I think it's too soon to say we know that Anderson, Sweeney or Fields will ever be star players in their own rights.

Rockabilly
01-06-2007, 07:00 PM
What is this based on?

His swing is way too big, like Borchard and Joe C. when they first came up (I'll save the Snopek/Norton comparisons).

He's a raw player offensively, lots of power (not fully polished), high K totals, average defensively, with the potential to be very good.

But I think it's too soon to say we know that Anderson, Sweeney or Fields will ever be star players in their own rights.

I have watch him play alot of times and read alot of scouts reports. I believe he will be a star player might take him a year or two to get settle but if Fields started for the Sox next season.

I predict his stats would be
275 Avg 21 Hr's 75 Rbi's

santo=dorf
01-06-2007, 07:04 PM
"Super stars" don't have their OBP's peak at .323.

Domeshot17
01-06-2007, 07:09 PM

I love Joe Crede, one of my favorite players, but he isn't a superstar. He is a borderline all-star. I agree his glove is awesome (anyone who doubts that is a moron) but I wouldn't call him a star. He had a good post season, and a good 3/4 of a season this year (really died off to end the year).

That being said, the trade idea is still insane. Not even getting into the top 10 (I don't think Honel at that company would really sniff the top 15-20, Kris Honel is done).

I know people are all in love with Anaheim because they have a bunch of young middle IF, but they are not even close to an ideal trade partner. For us, we need to find a team with a movable SS who needs pitching. Anaheim has the deepest pitching, pen and rotation, in the major leagues. They want to package that and some of the kids for a major bat (which they lack).

Without putting too much thought into it, guys who we could realistically think as possibilities would be an Omar Vizquel, Jack Wilson possibly, MAYBE Izturis is LA wants to cut salary.

One guy I really wonder about is Bobby Crosby. He has struggled with Oakland and never became the type of player he could be, especially with injuries. Scuttoro (spelling?) did well for them last year. He would be another guy I would look at.

caulfield12
01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Marco Scutaro, and he's Venezuelan....so Ozzie must like him, lol.

Chisox003
01-06-2007, 08:55 PM
"Super stars" don't have their OBP's peak at .323.
Whatever. His glove is still second to none, which still makes him one of the most valuable assets in baseball. Even if his OBP "peaks at .323", his 30 HRs and 94 RBIs are fine compliments to the leather.

Super-star might not be the right choice of words, but he's good. Better?

munchman33
01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Whatever. His glove is still second to none, which still makes him one of the most valuable assets in baseball. Even if his OBP "peaks at .323", his 30 HRs and 94 RBIs are fine compliments to the leather.

Not that Joe Crede isn't stellar with the glove, but I'd be willing to bet a vote from scouts across the league would leave Joe Crede as the fourth best defensive 3rd basemen in only the American League, after Inge, Chavez, and Lowell.

santo=dorf
01-06-2007, 09:50 PM

Crede is not one of the "most valuable assets" in baseball. That's worse than calling him a "superstar." For a third baseman he's great defensively and average offensively.

caulfield12
01-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Not that Joe Crede isn't stellar with the glove, but I'd be willing to bet a vote from scouts across the league would leave Joe Crede as the fourth best defensive 3rd basemen in only the American League, after Inge, Chavez, and Lowell.

Lowell doesn't have any range and Inge made a ton of "Uribe/Valentin-esque" errors this season. Inge is perhaps a more talented athlete, but he's not a better overall defender.

And I wouldn't call Crede's last 1.5 years "average" offensively for a 3B. He's in the Top 5-7 in the majors over that time period, and, when you combine it with his defense and his age, he's one of the 3-4 best in the game right now.

You have Wright, Ramirez, Cabrera (terrible defender), Rolen (not healthy), Chavez, A-Rod and you can put Crede right there...argue 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th best.

ondafarm
01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Rockability, this site is for White Sox fans, not aliases of general managers for other teams.

FedEx227
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM

Those would be bad scouts. You could argue Inge over Crede but that's it in the major leagues. Chavez isn't in the top 5 contrary to gold glove voting.

UserNameBlank
01-07-2007, 08:59 AM
I love Joe Crede, one of my favorite players, but he isn't a superstar. He is a borderline all-star. I agree his glove is awesome (anyone who doubts that is a moron) but I wouldn't call him a star. He had a good post season, and a good 3/4 of a season this year (really died off to end the year).

That being said, the trade idea is still insane. Not even getting into the top 10 (I don't think Honel at that company would really sniff the top 15-20, Kris Honel is done).

I know people are all in love with Anaheim because they have a bunch of young middle IF, but they are not even close to an ideal trade partner. For us, we need to find a team with a movable SS who needs pitching. Anaheim has the deepest pitching, pen and rotation, in the major leagues. They want to package that and some of the kids for a major bat (which they lack).

Without putting too much thought into it, guys who we could realistically think as possibilities would be an Omar Vizquel, Jack Wilson possibly, MAYBE Izturis is LA wants to cut salary.

One guy I really wonder about is Bobby Crosby. He has struggled with Oakland and never became the type of player he could be, especially with injuries. Scuttoro (spelling?) did well for them last year. He would be another guy I would look at.

I don't think Crosby would be available. I doubt they're going to be giving up on him anytime soon.

Vizquel would only be an option IMO if Uribe couldn't play this year, otherwise I don't think the upgrade is worth the trade. Wilson would be a nice acquisition because he is very good in the field and while not a world-beater with the bat, is at least consistent. I don't know what the Pirates would want for him but I don't see a match since I doubt KW is going to give up one of his top pitching prospects for another SS when he already has Cintron. Izturis plays for the Cubs.

fquaye149
01-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Crede is a super star.

nope

esbrechtel
01-07-2007, 01:12 PM
i honestly think fields starting at third would be a HUGE mistake...im not saying that he wont at some point be a great player, id love him to be great....but i dont think he is even near ready

caulfield12
01-07-2007, 02:43 PM
i honestly think fields starting at third would be a HUGE mistake...im not saying that he wont at some point be a great player, id love him to be great....but i dont think he is even near ready

Fields isn't ready to play 3B, but you actually think Rob Mackowiak can play a major league-caliber shortstop?

What has caused you to reach other of these two conclusions? With the first, I'm willing to agree somewhat...but Mack?

esbrechtel
01-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Fields isn't ready to play 3B, but you actually think Rob Mackowiak can play a major league-caliber shortstop?

What has caused you to reach other of these two conclusions? With the first, I'm willing to agree somewhat...but Mack?

i never said mack should be an everyday SS but if we need a back up i think he could split time with ozuna

caulfield12
01-07-2007, 06:20 PM
i never said mack should be an everyday SS but if we need a back up i think he could split time with ozuna

Which thankfully isn't necessary since we already have Cintron as insurance.